Training

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:17 pm

I have spent more hours than I would be willing to admit taking teams from the third to a 50 year old retired manager with only stars in the squad, but I am still not sure on when to use the extra training option. Every seven weeks have been relatively successful, but is only a rule of thumb. Anyone figured it out? Also, I find it very difficult to win EVERY game in a season since the players seem to slow down until a game has been lost, whereupon they seem to get back to normal again. My imagination, perhaps?
sol43
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby sol43 » Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:36 am

I have certainly never noticed this problem.
I typically lose one game every 7 or 8 seasons.

Do you play as a team? Maybe it only happens in that mode. Or do you mean after you have hung up your boots?

I never bother training my players. I also don't give them a break, as I have noticed a drastic loss of performance from this.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:40 pm

I always play as a team, yes I am a control freak, and without training every 7 weeks or so the team may lose it's sharpness. Check players mode dropping from "all over the moon" to less enthusiasm if you never train them, and watch them get their high spirits back again once you order extra training. You can just start up the game for the very first time and order extra training the first week to see this particular improvement.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:30 am

I don't bather to train mu players either and I almost never loose a game.