save game, how to?

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

tallbacka
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: save game, how to?

Postby tallbacka » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:40 pm

I tried the configuration you recommended. As earlier, I used drive 0 for the save disk.
Unfortunately, the same result:
I CAN play the demo game from the main menu
I CAN load the games from your save disk and play them
I CAN NOT save a newly created game to your save disk. I get the message DISK FULL and then FILE ERROR
I CAN NOT delete any saves from your disk. I get the FILE ERROR message.
I CAN NOT save any newly created games to a standard or custom floppy created with Win UAE
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Something strange is going on here... Winuae is robust!! and i`ve played umptine seasons on it with Winuae... using disks etc..

So.. I`m guessing Alkis Player Manager config is good... load that up... and your sitting at the main screen... Are you wanting to start from scratch ? or do you have a pre-saved game to load ?..

Also.. to make sure there`s no funny business make sure the floppy drive emulation speed is set to 100%.. just for compatibility!

Try this adf I made http://www.mediafire.com/?hymm1smsezj

Are you using the latest Winuae ?? if not.. make sure you do... because the floppy I created was from the latest... again to ensure compatibility

So when you goto save.. your pressing F12 to bring up Winuae, click on floppy drives... eject the PM disk thats in df0: hit the button next to the eject button to go find your/my pmsave.adf. Click on open to virtually insert it into the drive ( df0: )
Once your disk is showing in df0: click on 'ok' to go back to the emulation and then do whatever you would do with a real Amiga...

Try that..
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Good point about making sure that the floppy disk speed is set to 100%.

If Stainy's ADF doesn't work either, and since you can use my disk to load a game, I can start a game for you and save it before I do anything, see if that works. You'll have to let me know which team you choose and what your PM's name/position is.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
tatterj
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby tatterj » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Sorry to be a pain but I have recently discovered Winuae and am really excited about rediscovering my childhood and playing PM again.

However I have the same formatted disk error mentioned in this thread by tallbacka and it's really frustrating!

Is there a solution to this problem as I have tried all the suggestions from this thread and other similar threads and it still won't work. I am using the most up to date version of Winuae (only download last week) and the PM adf from this site - playermanager_v11e

Please, please, please can someone help?

In trying to sort the problem I've tried a save game disk in KO2 also but the same thing happens. Mayve it's an issue with creating blank discs in the new version of Winuae???
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:51 pm

tatterj wrote:Sorry to be a pain but I have recently discovered Winuae and am really excited about rediscovering my childhood and playing PM again.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your query but hopefully one of the PM buffs will help you get to the bottom of it.

In the mean time, it could be worth checking out these related threads, if you haven't already...
search.php?keywords=winuae+create+blank+adf&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Good Luck! Persistence pays is my moto - you'll crack it eventually! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Hmm I`ll look at this tonight! infact! I might be able to get away with it this afternoon :o
tatterj
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby tatterj » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Thanks.

Any help would be much appreciated. This is beginning to take over my life and my wife thinks I'm mental but I really want to play it again. If only only I could find such passion with my real job!!

I've also tried with an alternative adf (Player Manager (1990)(Anco)[cr OCL]) but that won't get past the blue screen headed Oracle presents Player Manager.

Regards
Yoda
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:49 pm

I've also tried with an alternative adf (Player Manager (1990)(Anco)[cr OCL]) but that won't get past the blue screen headed Oracle presents Player Manager.

Old addage of double check the obvious first. I'm assuming you know that you need to press Enter to get past the blue screen on that version?

This is beginning to take over my life and my wife thinks I'm mental but I really want to play it again. If only only I could find such passion with my real job!!

you remind me of me :lol:
tatterj
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby tatterj » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Old addage of double check the obvious first. I'm assuming you know that you need to press Enter to get past the blue screen on that version?

Believe it or not no I didn't! I can now load the game but STILL getting the same error when it asks for a disk. It either just keeps asking for a formatted disk over and over again or when I try and use a blank disk adf downloaded from back2roots?? it just comes up with file error. Aargh

This is beginning to take over my life and my wife thinks I'm mental but I really want to play it again. If only only I could find such passion with my real job!!

Ha ha ha. Thanks. Its nice to know it's not just me!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:08 am

tatterj wrote:

Ha ha ha. Thanks. Its nice to know it's not just me!

It is definately not just you!

'Dad, why do you still play that old game?' The kids think I'm bonkers too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Yoda
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:39 am

tatterj wrote:
It either just keeps asking for a formatted disk over and over again or when I try and use a blank disk adf downloaded from back2roots?? it just comes up with file error. Aargh

I'm no expert in this, but you shouldn't need to download a blank adf image. Let WinUAE create one. On my version its on Floppy Disk page.

Again, obvious first because I'm on a roll - When you get to the blue blocked Anco screen and have to click to get the New, Load, demo games options etc, press F12 to get to WinUAE and swap the Player Manager adf with your blank adf in Floppy Drive DF0. (I know you can configure the 2nd drive, but I couldn't get it to work and after a couple of tries just gave up) Then OK back to PM and it should be ok to start a new game.

if you get it working remember to save the settings as a configuration
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:52 am

Oh yeah.. you should be using a standard adf created with Winuae... Player Manager doesn`t support additional drives!
tatterj
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby tatterj » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:27 pm

I'm no expert in this, but you shouldn't need to download a blank adf image. Let WinUAE create one. On my version its on Floppy Disk page.

Again, obvious first because I'm on a roll - When you get to the blue blocked Anco screen and have to click to get the New, Load, demo games options etc, press F12 to get to WinUAE and swap the Player Manager adf with your blank adf in Floppy Drive DF0. (I know you can configure the 2nd drive, but I couldn't get it to work and after a couple of tries just gave up) Then OK back to PM and it should be ok to start a new game.

if you get it working remember to save the settings as a configuration

Oh yeah.. you should be using a standard adf created with Winuae... Player Manager doesn`t support additional drives!

Thanks for the help guys but I've tried that too. The Back2roots attempt was because the standard way of creating and inputting a formatted disk (through the floopy disk scrren in Winuae) didn't work.

I really don't know what the answer is. It sounds really simple looking at the responses on here and I've followed them step by step but it still doesn't work. I can start a new game, generating all the players e.t.c. and inputting team and name then it comes up with all the leagues. When you click done to move into the actual game it asks for a formatted disk and it's at that point that it gets stuck. This is no matter how or when I create I blank adf and put in in drive DF0.

It's really beginning to bug me cos I really want to play this game again!!