KO2- KOA Graphics

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:37 pm

for the next FAKO-International, could we please get graphics with polar bears?
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: KO2- KOA Graphics

Postby gdh82 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Just thought I'd post another pitch graphic suggestion....

Why not have a 'training pitch' with the 12 zones marked on it, just as in the Tactics Editor within PM ? Might provide a useful tool when looking at tactics and trying out new moves etc etc
Last edited by gdh82 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Just a thought I had...is it possible to import the different colours and whatnot from Final Whistle into Kick Off?

Also one other...maybe for a world cup version we could have the names of past winners on the hoardings? or if space is difficult maybe their initials or the list of previous WC locations?
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:45 am

Steve1977 wrote:Also one other...maybe for a world cup version we could have the names of past winners on the hoardings? or if space is difficult maybe their initials or the list of previous WC locations?

Nah, just the names of the winners of the last two world cups should be enough I think!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 pm

gdh82 wrote:Just thought I'd post another pitch graphic suggestion....

Why not have a 'training pitch' with the 12 zones marked on it, just as in the Tactics Editor within PM ? Might provide a useful tool when looking at tactics and trying out new moves etc etc

:shock: What a fantastic idea!! After the London tourney (and tutorial 'match' with Robert) I've been working on my understanding of KO2 tactics and this would be a great help.

Abyss wrote:
Steve1977 wrote:Also one other...maybe for a world cup version we could have the names of past winners on the hoardings? or if space is difficult maybe their initials or the list of previous WC locations?

Nah, just the names of the winners of the last two world cups should be enough I think!

...nice idea - but you'll have to find somebody who remembers last years winner. ummmm... Robert Stox or Marco Swift ring a bell but I can't be sure.
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:46 pm

...nice idea - but you'll have to find somebody who remembers last years winner. ummmm... Robert Stox or Marco Swift ring a bell but I can't be sure.

Damn... and I thought I could fool newcomers!

BTW, and totally o.t., I just bought "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle" based on your recommendation. Now, I need some time to read it...
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Bloody hell that '12 Zones' Idea is brilliant!!!!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:24 pm

Abyss wrote:

Damn... and I thought I could fool newcomers!

:lol:

Abyss wrote:BTW, and totally o.t., I just bought "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle" based on your recommendation. Now, I need some time to read it...

I hope you enjoy it - I certainly did as you probably gathered from my review. And as for finding reading time, I'm having similar trouble finding time to read "Kafka On The Shore" (I've had it for over a month now). They're not books that can be read in small snatches.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Garry, thanks for your email, you are always precious!
As you already know, I haven't had time in the past 3 months but I see the sunset of this f*****g period.
I spoke with Alessandro Gu, Simone C and Flavio Z, 3 newbies of the Rome '07 WC who came in KOH to make a bit of practice in these last days. We spoke about this one in the same terms!
For sure there are many way to make it possible on the GFX side: I can draw the border lines, or I can draw 2 different kinds of grass tiles. of course I don't want make a painstaking work but I'm sure it is doable and it doesn't cost so much in terms of time.
From the code side, I think It could be done a sort of zone check display on the top left corner of the screen, just above the scanner, it could be interesting to know the zone number and the state, something like the player manager edit tactic screen.
But this one is a Job for Steve! and perhaps John Wilson too... Image
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Torchiador wrote:For sure there are many way to make it possible on the GFX side: I can draw the border lines, or I can draw 2 different kinds of grass tiles. of course I don't want make a painstaking work but I'm sure it is doable and it doesn't cost so much in terms of time.

Thanks Gianni - and I completely agree about keeping things as easy - and quick - as possible. Its great to hear that this could be do-able even though I appreciate it could be a while before you have the time. You've probably thought of this but what about using graphics from the plastic pitch, taking the two pitch colours to build the 12 zones - they wouldn't even need to be numbered as we could work that out ourselves.

Hadn't thought of a coded solution - but maybe the zone number could be displayed during the replay in a similar way to having joystick input displayed - as you say that's Steve or John's department...

Anyway, hope this hectic period starts to slow down for you soon, Gianni! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:41 pm

:D Give me 15 days and I will give you the Garry's and Steve's filed of dreams!
btw, brilliant idea about the plastic pitch gfx!!!! I will use that one!
maybe that the practice pitch will come soon... :wink:
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Torchiador wrote::D Give me 15 days and I will give you the Garry's and Steve's filed of dreams!

Yay! :gban: :gban: :gban:

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:29 pm

The Garry's Field of Dreams is done!

The next one is Steve's Field of Dreams than the practice mode pitch