Regular online action - Friday Nights (plus..?)

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome :p

I'd also say that the little lag that can occur sometimes doesn't really affect the fact we all run around the ball too much to catch it ^^ (which is why we love this game so much :p )
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Just a little note for those who would want to challenge me online.
I have added a little script on irc, as i'm online there 24/7.

If you type !kickoff in the channel #kickoff, my account will automatically send you a private message on irc to tell you when I'm available to play.
That way, you can come around when I'm online or even send me a private message to tell me when you will come to meet me.

I hope it will help the online kickoff players to meet more easily. I'm sure we can organise an online league.

You can also send me private messages on this forum to communicate, but the online chat on irc is just perfect to set up matches :)

See you there soon.
Noodlebug

Postby Noodlebug » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:38 am

It's looking like most nights, starting around 2100-2200 BST (GMT+1) you'll find Rayge, me, and sometimes LeoL and Nikos in the chatroom looking for games! This is just based on one week's play though.

The problem is attracting our attention if we're already playing. And I guess not everyone can stay up late on a school night!

I'm looking forward to testing myself against serious opposition (no offence lads)!
-----------------------------
Newbie for 12 years
Silver Cup runner up 2017
Bronze Cup and Best Defence runner up 2018
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Good thing, tonight we had the great honour to play with SteveC :) More and more people coming, don't hesitate to join us ^^

If you need help using irc, or setting up emulators, or whatever you would need to ask, feel free to send me a private message on this forum.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:30 am

Glad you guys are enjoying it, keep it up. :)
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:49 pm

Just a little message to remind everyone to come and visit us to play :)
There is action every night after 10.00 pm GMT. You can just come to say hello too :)

For those who have bad memories about online gaming, what about trying again ?
For those who plan to play the UK championships and want to train against different players and game styles, it can be interesting too :)

Hehe, sorry I insist a lot, but if we can set up some sort of online league, it will be an excellent thing for the community and the game itself !
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Rayge wrote:For those who have bad memories about online gaming, what about trying again ?
has it changed a lot in the last month? :wink:
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:25 pm

well, as said, before, i play with a ping of 60ms vs players who have a ping of 30ms, we ve found 3-4 good servers, there is no slowing down, no lag, no delay, and I see no difference with the real offline kick off. Perhaps it makes me miss a few more controls, but in this case, I'm not aware of it :)
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:40 pm

Rayge, good to see you are keeping the online flame alive! Time seems to be a rare commodity for me and since playing offline tournaments Iv found I prefer to practice this way when playing Kick Off. When Im on the net I do play SWOS as well, but id be up for any online Kick Off tournaments! I organised one a few months back and Danne did one after that. Both were a success and Danne even managed to get the World Champion playing!

Just arrange one and im sure people will sign up 'If you build it, they will come' - I know I will :)
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:46 pm

Rayge wrote:well, as said, before, i play with a ping of 60ms vs players who have a ping of 30ms, we ve found 3-4 good servers, there is no slowing down, no lag, no delay, and I see no difference with the real offline kick off. Perhaps it makes me miss a few more controls, but in this case, I'm not aware of it :)
As I said before, I'm pleased that people are playing it online and enjoying it. This can only help bring in new people who cannot play local human opponents and they will then hopefully make it to the world cup and play for real.

I just don't personally enjoy the online play. Even playing games with 40ms pings, it just doesn't feel right and things go astray.