KO2- KOA Graphics

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:54 pm

I used the procedure of Vagelis:
you can find what all you need here: http://www.greekroms.net/english/tutorials.php
http://www.greekroms.net/files/tutorials/iffhacking11.zip
http://www.greekroms.net/files/tutorials/ko2hack11.zip
And then, you need patience, a lot of patience... :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Torchiador wrote:About the flag matter,Before to draw that one, I tried to insert the flag on the boards but the UK flag is to much detailed and it is impossible to have a good result with just 11 pixel. I need a minimum of 20 pixel to draw that flag.

Agree the original union jack was distracting...

...but how about a small england flag on the boards instead ? The red cross should be a simpler design ? :)

Be great innovation to include mini flags for the host country!!! (Italian for the WC of course). I'm even starting to think of having flags for each of the associations too 8) (MILAN's KO House, KORA, KOBRA, KOOHL etc ) - one for the future maybe ! ;)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:52 pm

The England flag is really simple to draw on the boards and I have the colour(red) to make it possible, note that the red colour is not present on the original colours palette of normal pitch in KO2, I deleted the dark grey used for the old grey covers at the sides of the pitch.
so no problem for this red colour, but, for example I have no other colours, so I have no yellow, no orange etc, I have only: WHITE, 3 kind of green, black, bright blue, grey and now, the red.
Besides this one, I can't use yellow or dark blue because these colours are already used for the players and these colours appare on the top-left radar, so, it is better to avoid these colours for the outfield graphics.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:24 pm

bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing work!!
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Torchiador wrote:The England flag is really simple to draw on the boards and I have the colour(red) to make it possible, note that the red colour is not present on the original colours palette of normal pitch in KO2, I deleted the dark grey used for the old grey covers at the sides of the pitch.
so no problem for this red colour, but, for example I have no other colours, so I have no yellow, no orange etc, I have only: WHITE, 3 kind of green, black, bright blue, grey and now, the red.
Besides this one, I can't use yellow or dark blue because these colours are already used for the players and these colours appare on the top-left radar, so, it is better to avoid these colours for the outfield graphics.

Thanks Gianni. Sounds like your colour choices are limited but you do have the red and white for the england flag, thankfully - phew! If that's possible, that'll be great! 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:00 pm

This one is taken directly from WinUAE:

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:09 pm

Torchiador wrote:Before the St George's Cross I made the last try for UK flags on the board.
What do you think about this one?

Impressive job considering the limited amount of space you've had to work within :) Overall though, imo I think the England flag would look even better! 8)

Although I like the changes to the stadium too, I thought this morning (probably getting carried away again), is it possible to have a stadium roof with the new wembley arches ? :D 8) Probably a very tall order, I imagine ?

Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:24 pm

gdh82 wrote:
Torchiador wrote:Before the St George's Cross I made the last try for UK flags on the board.
What do you think about this one?

Impressive job considering the limited amount of space you've had to work within :) Overall though, imo I think the England flag would look even better! 8)

Although I like the changes to the stadium too, I thought this morning (probably getting carried away again), is it possible to have a stadium roof with the new wembley arches ? :D 8) Probably a very tall order, I imagine ?

A roof?? how are you going to see the pitch ?
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:29 pm

Stainy wrote:A roof?? how are you going to see the pitch ?

Look further up this thread - when there's the stadium roof at the sides of the pitch - I was imagining an arch going the length of the pitch, above the roof ? See ?
Last edited by gdh82 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:51 pm

mmm... IMO it is better to imagine that the telecamera is mounted on a dirigible which is flying under the these arch or roofs... :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Torchiador wrote:mmm... IMO it is better to imagine that the telecamera is mounted on a dirigible which is flying under the these arch or roofs... :)

I can imagine that! :)

PS On the Union Jack v St George's Cross discussion - I tend to associate the red cross with footy whereas I don't the union jack. That's probably why I prefer it! :)

Ely
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Ely » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:54 pm

gdh82 wrote:
Torchiador wrote:mmm... IMO it is better to imagine that the telecamera is mounted on a dirigible which is flying under the these arch or roofs... :)

I can imagine that! :)

PS On the Union Jack v St George's Cross discussion - I tend to associate the red cross with footy whereas I don't the union jack. That's probably why I prefer it! :)

You can't really call it the United Kingdom Championships if you're gonna use the St. Georges Cross though can you?
NewEly - He is here sometimes...................
http://www.wayoftherodent.com
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Ely wrote:You can't really call it the United Kingdom Championships if you're gonna use the St. Georges Cross though can you?

Just watch me! ;)

Your point is perfectly valid, Mark. I guess I'm just saying what I think looks better and is more footy oriented, that's all.

Thinking about it, we won't be having any players from the UK who are not from England, will we ? Unless Haydn comes out of retirement ? Maybe we should have all four flags, to cover all bases? Or maybe I should just shut up and go with the union jack (which is a millions times more preferable to no flag! 8))