KO2CV - 0.95

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

KO2CV - 0.95

Postby Steve Camber » Sat May 26, 2007 11:56 am

Just a minor update this time :)

New Features

- New advert boards by Gianni (here)
- All of the team celebrate a goal, not just the scorer
- Top right corner text adjusted slightly

Download

http://www.camber.demon.co.uk/KO2CV
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat May 26, 2007 1:18 pm

:D

- All of the team celebrate a goal, not just the scorer

reading this new implementation I had a thought:
Often it happens in free kicks, that 'the wall of players' (I don't know the right word in english) touches the ball and then the ball goes in the net.
No celebrations for that kind of goal, total silence :( even if it was a great goal!
Of course we know that in real soccer, own goals are heavily celebratet from players and supporters(of course, players and supporters of the team who gain the goal) , I'd prefer to hear and to watch celebrations gor own goal as well... IMO it isn't unfair. at least for free kicks.
What do you think about this matter? is it possible add that kind of celebration?
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Torchiador wrote:Often it happens in free kicks, that 'the wall of players' (I don't know the right word in english) touches the ball and then the ball goes in the net.
No celebrations for that kind of goal, total silence :( even if it was a great goal!
Of course we know that in real soccer, own goals are heavily celebratet from players and supporters, I'd prefer to hear and to watch celebrations gor own goal as well... IMO it isn't unfair. at least for free kicks.
What do you think about this matter? is it possible add that kind of celebration?

That doesn't describe the bug correctly. Although it may seem so, it's not that a wall player touches the ball, it's that sometimes the goal is attributed to the player who committed the foul! In fact, sometimes something very funny happens, when the player who commits the foul gets a red card and the free kick results to a goal, the camera searches for that player all over the pitch, and stops on him waiting by the throw in line! :)
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat May 26, 2007 1:35 pm

alkis21 wrote:
Torchiador wrote:Often it happens in free kicks, that 'the wall of players' (I don't know the right word in english) touches the ball and then the ball goes in the net.
Of course we know that in real soccer, own goals are heavily celebratet from players and supporters, I'd prefer to hear and to watch celebrations gor own goal as well... IMO it isn't unfair. at least for free kicks.

That doesn't describe the bug correctly. Although it may seem so, it's not that a wall player touches the ball, it's that sometimes the goal is attributed to the player who committed the foul! In fact, sometimes something very funny happens, when the player who commits the foul gets a red card and the free kick results to a goal, the camera searches for that player all over the pitch, and stops on him waiting by the throw in line! :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Alkis, is it an ironic post?!?!?!?!? :P I never seen that kind of bug, I need the video! :D
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:46 pm

No, I'm serious. It's very easy to verify; start a two player game and foul your opponent outside the box as many times as you can. You will see that whenever you score from a foul kick and the Amiga thinks that it was an own goal, the scorer will always be the one who committed the foul. Select Zappa as the ref and eventually you will see what I described.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat May 26, 2007 1:55 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: every day I learn something new in this game... and it is a game of 83KB of code only!!!! Incredible!
I'd like to know how much BUG is it in those 83KB! :lol:
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Sat May 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Camber your site is a bit wonky !! can`t get it

Working now! :lol:
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: KO2CV - 0.95

Postby gdh82 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:14 pm

Steve Camber wrote:- New advert boards by Gianni (here)

I really, really like this! 8) This is a great touch to acknowledge the KOA within the great game like this! I find myself watching the boards rather than the ball!!! :oops: :lol:

Steve Camber wrote:- All of the team celebrate a goal, not just the scorer

Really like the idea of this too but can't actually see there's much difference? Think I saw one of the other players (but not the other one on screen) momentarily jump for joy before heading back? Should they be somersaulting too ? I can't see that there's an option to activate this ?

Nevertheless, great work, Steve - feels like my birthday today as well as my daughters!! :D

Btw, interesting bug spot there, Alkis. If I could score from free kicks I'd have a look at that one! ;)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Mic
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Mic » Sun May 27, 2007 7:42 am

alkis21 wrote:

i confirm, already happend
simply happy to been dropped here, cause the KO2 virus is back... this game is fantastic !
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:22 pm

This is wonderful Steve, love the new graphics!

Havent had the chance to play it long enough to score yet though :oops:
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:09 pm

Admittedly I cheated by having an invisible player two (!) but I wanted to highlight my players' reactions after the goal is scored....

See how players other than the scorer celebrate (i) when the goal is scored (ii) when the player returns to the half-way line and (iii) even do a mexican wave-like jump-for-joy !!!!!

Nice touch, Steve - enjoying this more and more - its great to see my team mates enjoying the moment too!!! :D 8) And the new pitch-side boards just get better and better every time I see them 8) 8) 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:52 pm

when this version will be integrated for online ko2 ? changing the adf files are enough for this?

and btw why a 125ms pinged player misses the penalty always? his shots go much over the bar, but it is ok when he is taking a freekick. No penalty can be scored can this be fixed? ( cry of a high ping online ko2er)
i learned playing kick off , before learning how to read and how to write.. birthdate : 19.07.1984
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:51 am

The trick to score a penalty online is to press the button when the arrow is as far away from the goal as possible. :)