KO2 Online this evening - 1/6

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

KO2 Online this evening - 1/6

Postby Danne » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:32 pm

I hope people join for some games this evening... :)

http://retrokick.de/irc/kickoff.php
Last edited by Danne on Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Time?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:33 pm

alkis21 wrote:Time?

when are you ready? :)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:35 pm

21:00 UK time is fine by me.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:36 pm

alkis21 wrote:21:00 UK time is fine by me.

OK, Unless something happens I will be there at that hour. Cant promise.
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:09 am

i was hoping to read alkis's comments about yesterday's games but it seems he abandoned online ko2 thread as he decided to continue his career with offline ko2 :D
i learned playing kick off , before learning how to read and how to write.. birthdate : 19.07.1984
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:40 am

I thought he had abandoned his offline ko2 career in favor of online ko2. Go figure...
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:54 am

:lol: I drew 1-1 with Can (rapTor) and lost 3-2 to Danne. Both scores were flattering to me as they both missed many more chances than I did.
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:59 am

alkis21 wrote::lol: I drew 1-1 with Can (rapTor) and lost 3-2 to Danne. Both scores were flattering to me as they both missed many more chances than I did.

I think you played very well to be honest. You are a gentleman.

and last match in the minitourney was

Danne - RapTor 3-1

:)

Abyss.

Can you play online also?

Would be cool with a tournament with you, Alkis and Gianluca. Many great players then (although I am aware of that it is another thing to play offline).
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:16 am

Danne wrote:Abyss.

Would be cool with a tournament with you, Alkis and Gianluca. Many great players then (although I am aware of that it is another thing to play offline).

I'd love too, but honestly, all the times I tried to play, the performance was awful. My pings were around 120 and it was really frustrating. Heck, I even tried to play in my office LAN and even there, I just didn't like it. But I will give it another go, just to be able to justify my reasons for not liking it :)
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:05 pm

Abyss wrote:

I'd love too, but honestly, all the times I tried to play, the performance was awful. My pings were around 120 and it was really frustrating. Heck, I even tried to play in my office LAN and even there, I just didn't like it. But I will give it another go, just to be able to justify my reasons for not liking it :)

you get used to it mate , it has plenty of disadvantages usually miscalculation of timing because of the lag which causes you to conceed goals but you change your style of play according to that :)

everyone thinks that this game can not be played by keyboard also but it can be when you get use to it and there is no way to use a joystick :lol: it has lots of disadvantages but in the end its a challange

combining these two is the challange i face :roll: believe me it is still enjoying to play ko2
i learned playing kick off , before learning how to read and how to write.. birthdate : 19.07.1984
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:39 pm

rapTor_sonofsuns wrote:
Abyss wrote:

you get used to it mate , it has plenty of disadvantages usually miscalculation of timing because of the lag which causes you to conceed goals but you change your style of play according to that :)

everyone thinks that this game can not be played by keyboard also but it can be when you get use to it and there is no way to use a joystick :lol: it has lots of disadvantages but in the end its a challange

combining these two is the challange i face :roll: believe me it is still enjoying to play ko2

Hehe... keyboard... from the days of the Spectrum and the CPC...

The problem with PC keyboards is that you can not press three buttons at the same time... on my keyboard for example, you can't go diagonally up-right and shoot at the same time.

Well mate, I'll give it a go, but, honestly, wouldn't it be better for you to grab and airplane (or your car, if you fancy some touring) and come to Athens for some real KO2? :)
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:46 pm

i ve never been to athens before :) i dont think i ll play ko2 for the first time i come there i am sure there are lots of places to visit, infact i would like to visit Θεσσαλονίκη selanik in turkish :) as my grand grand parents lived there
but i have school and i am too lazy to take a visa and travel etc

as the keyboard thing you are right i cant shoot diagonal when running down , i cant lob the ball with aftertouch attacking upper pitch but this is ko2 if you cant do something just ignore it and still enjoy the game :D

if are available now i can try a game with you