Do you want a bugfree 0.81 beta?

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators, TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Yes, i would play a stable beta
52%
No, i prefer to wait some months for a new beta with new features, revisited gameplay and all problems fixed
33%
I honestly don't play the game
14%

Total votes: 21
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue May 29, 2007 7:48 am

Unfortunately 0.8 beta has many problems. Do you wish a 0.81 beta with all bugs fixed, optimized loading time and some minor adjustment?

Please vote and put a quick comment :)
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Tue May 29, 2007 7:56 am

Regardless of the result of the poll, I think that you should try, during software development, to debug the whole time. So, if v0.81 means that you can just solve a few problems and recompile to come up with just a new exe (not the whole package), then it would be welcome for me.

BTW, regarding the bugsehcancmenents:

- the loading times are very big and can become annoying
- I have only experienced one crash while playing the game.
- What bothers me most is that this version requires the non-Unicode Windows regional settings to be set to English and I'm forced to constantly change between English and Greek for my everyday system operation.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue May 29, 2007 8:13 am

Abyss wrote:Regardless of the result of the poll, I think that you should try, during software development, to debug the whole time. So, if v0.81 means that you can just solve a few problems and recompile to come up with just a new exe (not the whole package), then it would be welcome for me.

BTW, regarding the bugsehcancmenents:

- the loading times are very big and can become annoying
- I have only experienced one crash while playing the game.
- What bothers me most is that this version requires the non-Unicode Windows regional settings to be set to English and I'm forced to constantly change between English and Greek for my everyday system operation.

Thanks Spyros,
Unfortunately i cannot make a new exe without repacking the whole game.
I confirm i can reduce loading times to about 5-10 seconds and make a Unicode version.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed May 30, 2007 4:18 pm

stats so far:
95 views - 6 votes
Fedorov
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Fedorov » Wed May 30, 2007 10:12 pm

One that runs under Vista? :)

Seriously, I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers on my 8800gtx card, I can run any game you can throw at it on my 100% stable Vista machine so it would be really nice if I could play ThrowIn - is it the compiler or development tools you are using that cause the problems on Vista, can't be graphic drivers when they work with every old/new game I've got which are pretty damn intensive i.e. Lost Planet, Call of duty 2 etc....

Would be nice that's all :)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu May 31, 2007 8:46 am

Fedorov wrote:One that runs under Vista? :)

Seriously, I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers on my 8800gtx card, I can run any game you can throw at it on my 100% stable Vista machine so it would be really nice if I could play ThrowIn - is it the compiler or development tools you are using that cause the problems on Vista, can't be graphic drivers when they work with every old/new game I've got which are pretty damn intensive i.e. Lost Planet, Call of duty 2 etc....

Would be nice that's all :)

Blitz3D is using DirectX 7 so you should check if games released on 2003 work.
Btw i'll try to use as many "safe instructions" as possible and let's hope it workd under Vista
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Thu May 31, 2007 9:56 am

I would like to see a new version with the crash bugs fixed, so I can fully enjoy the current version. A completely changed version with new stuff is something for the future I guess.

But now I just want to be able to play the new beta without so much crashes, because for me the game is already very good. Then I can also make better comments about how to improve things with gameplay, interface, graphics and features.
EreWeGo
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby EreWeGo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:26 am

I would like to see a stable beta of the current release - I haven't really been able to try it due to the crashes. Of course if it meant large delays before any further releases, then I guess I could wait...
:)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:58 pm

EreWeGo wrote:I would like to see a stable beta of the current release - I haven't really been able to try it due to the crashes. Of course if it meant large delays before any further releases, then I guess I could wait...
:)

The bug free beta will not cause any delay on later versions. :)
rapTor_sonofsuns

Postby rapTor_sonofsuns » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:05 pm

with the current cheating ai a bug fix wont improve my joy of throw in

btw i have noticed something , in ko2 players move to the ball if they are close , CPU's and the user controlled player goes for the ball if you dont hit any keys. In throw in an implementation of something like this would make a little more ko2 sense in my opinion
i learned playing kick off , before learning how to read and how to write.. birthdate : 19.07.1984
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:08 am

rapTor_sonofsuns wrote:with the current cheating ai a bug fix wont improve my joy of throw in

btw i have noticed something , in ko2 players move to the ball if they are close , CPU's and the user controlled player goes for the ball if you dont hit any keys. In throw in an implementation of something like this would make a little more ko2 sense in my opinion

I'm working on the 8.1 version to fix the main problem. AI cheating is onte of them. Since only 15 persons are interested in the game i'm a lack of motivation to go on but i want to please that 15 persons.

In TI players move toward the ball but the result is not good as KO2 it can be improvable
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:15 am

Don't make the mistake of believing that only 15 people are interested in your game! There is a great deal of people that do not care about the making progress of a title but will gladly buy Throw In when it's out.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:48 am

I agree with Alkis! =)

It's easy to think that nobody cares if you're not flooded with feedback - but compare it to downloads perhaps, and I'm sure you'll see it in a better light.. :wink:
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona