Forget all your preconceived notions of KO2 online...

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Redhair
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby Redhair » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:31 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:
Redhair wrote:The adaptor is type "Linux0802" (wiring),
Then add that to the description on the list of products. Confusion will be avoided.

Redhair wrote:And what do you expect if a shop is named "Flea Market"? This is no professional shop, it's a private market place for our community, but we are selling quality, with free support.
I realise that, which is why I suggested including a single piece of paper rather than a glossy binded manual.

Redhair wrote:If you don't need support, is it our fault?
Did I in any way say it was your fault? Have I even once been critical of your support? I don't understand the point here.

I'm trying to help you avoid this kind of confusion in the future but you still seem to be very defensive. What happened to the old mantra that the customer is always right? :lol: (THAT WAS A JOKE)

I've apologised for my confusion and the very few people that read this forum will know that it's not entirely your fault. The very fact that you have read this and responded shows your customer commitment. I would thank you for that but you keep having a go at me and rather than admitting any short comings. At least I have apologised for my comments.

I have explained how my confusion arose and offered advice on how you can eliminate future confusion very simply. You can either listen to you customers and improve or carry on as you are. I don't really care either way.


Well, I'm accepting your apologise... and I would like to stop this as it has nothing to do with the topic.

Peace!
Image
BJ*
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:08 pm

My two cents

Postby BJ* » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:49 pm

I'm glad you already sorted things out.

Since I am the one making the adapters I think I should add a comment or two.
As you say, Bounty Bob, the customer ist always right. At least as long as he doesn't change the wiring ;)

You are right with what you wrote: it cannot be expected that anyone is able to tell the difference between a linux0802 and an Amiga4Player-adaptor. Since you had a problem with it, we can expect that everyone else will have that problem too. The reason for making linux0802s instead of Amiga4Player ones is simply the history of the ppjoy-driver, which didn't support the Amiga-Adaptors in its early years. The other reason is that there is a special linux driver which makes the adaptor usable for everyone with a linux-system.
Never was it intended to confuse people ;)

As you suggested I will add some kind of short instructions pointing to the adapter-type that is to be used in the driver-setup to avoid any future confusion.

Redhair was simply pissed about the fact, that you acted first without asking anyone. That may be the reason for his lack of humor regarding the beer-comment. BTW, when you discovered, that not more than two wires were connected as expected, didn't that ring a bell that there might have been an intention for that ? :D

I am glad the adaptor is now working for you, even if it was intended to do so in another way.

Best regards,
BJ*
User avatar
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:16 pm

Re: My two cents

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:04 pm

BJ* wrote:I'm glad you already sorted things out.

Since I am the one making the adapters I think I should add a comment or two.
As you say, Bounty Bob, the customer ist always right. At least as long as he doesn't change the wiring ;)
Yeah but it's more fun this way :D.

BJ* wrote:You are right with what you wrote: it cannot be expected that anyone is able to tell the difference between a linux0802 and an Amiga4Player-adaptor. Since you had a problem with it, we can expect that everyone else will have that problem too. The reason for making linux0802s instead of Amiga4Player ones is simply the history of the ppjoy-driver, which didn't support the Amiga-Adaptors in its early years. The other reason is that there is a special linux driver which makes the adaptor usable for everyone with a linux-system.
Never was it intended to confuse people ;)

As you suggested I will add some kind of short instructions pointing to the adapter-type that is to be used in the driver-setup to avoid any future confusion.
Thanks for taking my comments on board, I'm sure it will avoid any repeat in future. After learning of my error, I just wanted to help you guys out for the future.

BJ* wrote:BTW, when you discovered, that not more than two wires were connected as expected, didn't that ring a bell that there might have been an intention for that ? :D
To be honest, I was surprised that it was so wrong and it did seem odd. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for posting and keep up the good work.
User avatar
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4624
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: KORA HQ
Contact:

Postby Sid » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:10 pm

Image

Image



:D Happy Days again!!
Image
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Posts: 2919
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:30 pm

Postby Steve1977 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Thank god for that!
User avatar
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4624
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: KORA HQ
Contact:

Postby Sid » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:18 am

My USB adaptor just turned up!!!

You guys can sort me out to go on-line, and show me... otherwise I'll never get my ass in gear to get on!

How convenient you lot are coming to my house tonight!!!!!!!
:D :wink:
Image
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Posts: 2919
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:30 pm

Postby Steve1977 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:19 pm

:D :D

My enthusiasm for online Kick Off has waned somewhat - partly due to the lack of decent servers but also because im addicted to the meet ups! Which means I dont want to play anyone until im participating in a tournament incase i give away any tactics. hehe :oops:

Saying that though Sid, I'l be up for playing you mate over the weekend!
User avatar
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4624
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: KORA HQ
Contact:

Postby Sid » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Steve1977 wrote::D :D

My enthusiasm for online Kick Off has waned somewhat - partly due to the lack of decent servers but also because im addicted to the meet ups! Which means I dont want to play anyone until im participating in a tournament incase i give away any tactics. hehe :oops:

Saying that though Sid, I'l be up for playing you mate over the weekend!

Tactics? Just go hell for leather and attack!!!
Image
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
User avatar
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4304
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Concord,NC, USA
Contact:

Postby Stainy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Sid wrote:
Steve1977 wrote::D :D

My enthusiasm for online Kick Off has waned somewhat - partly due to the lack of decent servers but also because im addicted to the meet ups! Which means I dont want to play anyone until im participating in a tournament incase i give away any tactics. hehe :oops:

Saying that though Sid, I'l be up for playing you mate over the weekend!

Tactics? Just go hell for leather and attack!!!



Be like playing Switch!!

DEFEND

LOB

DEFEND

LOB
Image
User avatar
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4624
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: KORA HQ
Contact:

Postby Sid » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:28 pm

Just tried getting online with Stainy... it just kept crashing

:(

not a happy first time experience.
The one and only time we started a game the FPS was 22.

we then tried different servers and thats when it kept crashing or throwing me out.

The best ping I could get was 85ms
Image
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
User avatar
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4624
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: KORA HQ
Contact:

Postby Sid » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:49 pm

on a one player game, I got only 5fps!

ping of 84ms
Image
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
User avatar
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4304
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Concord,NC, USA
Contact:

Postby Stainy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:06 pm

Sid wrote:on a one player game, I got only 5fps!

ping of 84ms


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should get full speed in 1 player games !
Image
User avatar
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4624
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: KORA HQ
Contact:

Postby Sid » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:07 pm

Stainy wrote:
Sid wrote:on a one player game, I got only 5fps!

ping of 84ms


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should get full speed in 1 player games !

this whole thing is shit!!!!

I now got 6fps on single player game!
and it will prob crash like the last time even b4 its finished loading!
Image
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests