Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between!

Welcome for Newcomers, enter here for information and a warm drink before you begin.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Welcome to Newcomers, Old Timers and Everyone In Between!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:04 pm

Welcome To The KOA Forums!

(Inspired by the discussion with Sid and Gianluca about making the forum more welcoming to new players, I've started this thread...)

TheFoxSoft wrote:If you check for example this page you can see there are some ko2 fan in the world. We are too much lazy and too much busy talking about George Bush or Fox's hunt that we cannot even say a "welcome" to KO2 fans that post in our forum!
And please keep in my mind that in the KOA at least 20 new members posted in the Throw In section. I see no one of you getting in touch and recruit them for KO2 tournments...

gdh82 wrote:
Sid wrote:Maybe we should have an "Introductions for New Members" section...?

Nice idea Sid! Or even a sticky thread "Introduce Yourself" ? WE can contribute to this as well as newcomers - brief ko2 history of ourselves, proper name and forum name ? Might give everyone a better idea of each other! :shock:

Hi :) This topic is aimed at newcomers to the forum, but everyone is invited to make a post to this thread! Its simply a place to introduce yourself...just a few words about you, your KOA or KO2 history, anything really...

Cheers
Garry
Last edited by gdh82 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:01 am, edited 11 times in total.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:07 pm

Better get this started - I'm Garry, aka gdh82 aka kobraman aka non-goal garry aka koa official bug finder (take your pick!).

I'm a relative newbie around this parts having only discovered the KOA in May '06. There had been a long break since I first went barmy about KO2 back in my amiga days back in the early 90s. I wasn't any good then nor am I now but I'm getting better :lol: as there's some great players around to pick up tips from!

My first KOA tournament was the UK Championships (July '06) and to be honest I didn't know what to expect - would it be all geeky and ridiculously competitive ? Thankfully it wasn't and I'm impressed by how welcome I was made to feel :) Despite coming second bottom, in a moment of madness, I decided to go to the World Cup (Oct '06). So glad I did, it was a right laugh and the friendly rivalries that exist across the countries was hilarious - again I was impressed by the camaradery between everyone.

In February 07 I hosted my first local tournament KOBRA I 8) so if you live anywhere near the Birmingham area (UK), you'd be welcome too so do drop me a pm!

Whereever you live, do check out the KOA Tournament Calendar for all the latest tournament details.
Last edited by gdh82 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:58 pm

This thread was tooooooooo quiet so anyone fancy playing NAME THE PLAYER...

?????? wrote:you guys cant imagine how glad I am to find this forum! at one point I actually thought I was the only person on this planet who still played kick off 2.

anyway, just a quick intro: I’m 26, Londoner…brought up in the golden generation of amiga 500s. still have my machine and two ever-reliable zipsticks. I have been playing KO2 for the last 12 or so years…but I have never played against a human before. clearly, I’d relish the chance of pitting myself against other fans and I’ll keep my eyes peeled on the noticeboard for any opportunities.

in the meantime, I’d best start by getting an emulator so that I can play on my PC. can I still use my zipstick?

Can you guess the KOA-er (without searching ffs!) All will be revealed soon...

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:03 pm

hmmm, was it Waynie?
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Got it in one! Well played Calimero!

Was it that obvious - or did you do a sneeky search (be honest) ? :)

PS If anyone else can find any intro-type posts, please feel free to make a name-that-player entry! :D
Last edited by gdh82 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:51 pm

I didn't search for anything, not even afterwards.
Just read your post and guessed, because I wasn't at all certain.

So, you have another quote? ;)
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi ! This is my first post on the forum although I've been mad (or is that sad ) about KO2 for some time. Firstly back in my amiga days but more recently via the WinUAE emulator and KO2 is the most played game by some distance!

I've always rated KO2 - a "high skill" game in my book. As much as I love it, it drives me mad too even though I keep coming back for more ???? I've got a number of queries about KO2 game play and some of its quirks which I'd like to post in future.

I can't honestly see myself making the grade for any of your tournaments (strictly a soggy pitch player, I'm afraid!) although maybe I could pick up some tips to at least improve my game? I'm also impressed that there's a competition version of KO2 that I'm pleased continues to be tweaked - there's life in the old dog yet!!! I've got a couple of ideas and suggestions myself but I'd better wade through the incredibly long wish-list thread first!!

Anyway, really glad to see that KO in its many versions is alive and kicking still today! Long may it continue.... (feel like some simple minds now )
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:47 am

Calimero wrote:I didn't search for anything, not even afterwards.
Just read your post and guessed, because I wasn't at all certain.

I am impressed mate ! 8)

BBob - is that quote from you ?

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:54 am

gdh82 wrote:BBob - is that quote from you ?
The quote I posted is not from me.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:26 am

It's really is on the tip of my tongue, this one ? :?

Is it Sid ?
Last edited by gdh82 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:13 pm

:lol: :lol: No. The clues are there.
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:57 pm

Is it gdh82? ;)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:36 pm

Calimero wrote:Is it gdh82? ;)

So it is! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Still, I'm glad at least one other person's up for a game at least! ;) :)

Here's another... feel like Eamon Andrews.... :lol:

Guess who wrote:Hi ladies & gentlemen,

I am one of the BIGGEST Player Manager fans EVER!
Back in the day when I was @ school, I had a team of all-stars, all WELL-OVER £1000k, often averaging £1500k, with a player over £2000k.
It took many many PM years to produce what was ultimately the best team in the world.

I haven't played it for years, so it would've been good to see what Alkis or Rob Swift would have done with my team (as I need practice to get back into it!)

The PS2 & PES3 have been laid to rest, and I have come back to my roots ...the Amiga has been dusted for the first time in 10 years!

Along the way here, I also hope to share in with my thoughts on the beautiful game, and learn from all the fanatics here too.

p.s. Are there any differences between a cracked version of the game and the original disk ???