This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderator: Moderators

GingerPete
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Players divison experience and its effect on performance

Postby GingerPete » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:25 pm

Whats are theories on this?

Is a good player a good player regardless of the division he plays in?
Or does this experience get used in the match engine?

camber??
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:51 pm

No idea..

Sid?
Robert?
Alkis?
Claire?
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
GingerPete
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby GingerPete » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:27 pm

Well it must do something?!

So you have not seen it in the match engine anywhere then steve?
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:30 pm

We need Camber to see whether that stat is in PM or not... further more - to see what it does :)
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Re: Players divison experience and its effect on performance

Postby Sid » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:31 pm

GingerPete wrote:Whats are theories on this?

Is a good player a good player regardless of the division he plays in?
Or does this experience get used in the match engine?

camber??

Simply, yes.

A good player is a good player regardless of the division.

Apart from the 'obvious', where you have close to 200 stat players which are going to be good due to their quality, you can get players that are slow and dirt cheap, but still able to do a job.

Its been mentioned before, it's to do with the Agility factor.
I have bought players with Agility close to 200 as poss, but have pretty much no pace or anything else. Players bought for as little as £1k in some instances ... and quite often they are young non-league players (don't even have a division registered to them). Always try to buy players that are higher in value with the Agility at 200, but sometimes esp in the start of the game this is not always possible due to finances.
I even buy these type of players just for fun when in the top division, just to see how much I can develop them from year to year.

The thing that you will notice is that these players have VERY high skill stats. They may not be athletes, and very crap if you control the whole team, but if you play in position, or better still "result only", these players are able to hold their own, often getting on the scoresheet.

A £100k player with high agility, 18/19 years old, with skill stats of 150+ can dribble the ball really well and score goals from acute angles, with power, even in the top division. You're taking more of a gamble with defenders, as quicker players can outrun them, but at the top end of the field its not so much of a problem, as they are further advanced and players feed them the balls, they just need to dribble a little and unleash some clinical finishing. Can work well as supersubs late on in the game!

I don't know if there is a hidden stat... maybe... maybe not... I rely on my strong transfer skills (!) haha, and I know when I can spot talent. You need to scour the market for ages!!!! I go through all the price brackets... long and ardent task, but can prove to be very fruitful, and satisfying.
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
JZ

Postby JZ » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Isn't the division experience just a crude version of the player history you get in later games like Championship Manager? (i.e. it just records how many years a player has spent in each division- & if players are without a club they're allocated a division based on their price when they're 18 )