KO2 ball control

This forum is dedicated to the new football game Active Soccer (and Throw In) by TheFoxSoft.

Moderators: TheFoxSoft, Moderators

Oss117
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

KO2 ball control

Postby Oss117 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:18 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:I say ball control.
I spent so many months only to recreate a close KO2 control and i can say i'm really statisfy with the final result. I honestly think it is the closest KO2 ball control ever and i doubt someone can do better at least until Spyros wants to program a new KO2 clone :)

Hi Gianluca,

According the trailer I saw and what everybody is saying about Throw In, It seems that you have reach a ball control close to KO2.
As I am a software engineer, I would be interested about technical stuff about that.
As I known, you could discussed with Dino at a certain time, did he gave you some tips or tricks about that?
Can you detail interesting part related to ball control, even with Snippet of code or paper you wrote If you want.
Thanks
Sebastien
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:08 pm

interesting thread,
i didn't talk with Dino about ball control so it making a ko2 like control was the hardest part.
Your goal is to simulate real control, kicking the ball you gives a force to the ball. But you must assure players have control over the ball, and this means you can turn with the ball but only if you can reach it. You must think at 2 zones, one reachable and one not.
Oss117
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Oss117 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:21 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:interesting thread,
i didn't talk with Dino about ball control so it making a ko2 like control was the hardest part.
Your goal is to simulate real control, kicking the ball you gives a force to the ball. But you must assure players have control over the ball, and this means you can turn with the ball but only if you can reach it. You must think at 2 zones, one reachable and one not.

I aware about what you are describing and this is what I have almost implemented, difficulty is about fine tuning. It would be great to have parameters used inside KO itself.
As I know Steve Camber is able to dig into original KO binary. Does he found something about stuff like this ?
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:49 pm

Yes,

Steve Camber knows exactly how the KO2 ball control works and his new project will be using this exact same control mechanism.
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
Oss117
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Oss117 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:15 am

JamesHBeard wrote:Yes,

Steve Camber knows exactly how the KO2 ball control works and his new project will be using this exact same control mechanism.

Then I would be very very interested that he explain us how exactly it works...
Please, Steve, may I ask you to write something that explain in detail how it work?
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:49 am

Steve might not know all of the intricacies of the ball control. He knows more about the Kick Off code than anyone but not everything. His new project will be using the exact control but not because he's replicating it in his own code, the game will be running under emulation, so it is the original code.

Of course Steve may well be able to tell you all of the details but I wouldn't expect too much.