KO2CV - 0.93

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

jesper
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Re: Hmmmmm

Postby jesper » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:26 pm

Stainy wrote:
alkis21 wrote:This is very interesting. Does this mean that the "ball left behind" effect is partly a result of the speed boost attributed to human teams?

Yeah I think your onto something here... the speed boost was added later on to help the human player. I remember Dino telling me this on his IRC channel one time.. :)

So PBC is a by-product!! much like

Ashpalt
Sawdust
Slag ( from ore refinning )
Sludge and Manure!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting :shock:

If I remember correctly, someone said that when Dino was confronted with PBD for the first time, his initial response was "I didn't program that!".

Was he in fact shown the ball going though the player case? If yes, he was sort of correct, except for this side-effect of boosting the human player's speed.

So, the bug is the ball going through the player, while PBD itself is an intensional(?) feature!
You cannot avoid the Google [Bot]
alkis21

Re: Hmmmmm

Postby alkis21 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:43 pm

jesper wrote:So, the bug is the ball going through the player, while PBD itself is an intensional(?) feature!

At least in some versions, yes, that's my conclusion as well. Let's see what Steve has to say about that.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:49 pm

Well.. PBD is here to stay, although not as effective as before...

would this be the option used for 2 player games, with human speed-up turned off?
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Sid wrote:Well.. PBD is here to stay, although not as effective as before...

would this be the option used for 2 player games, with human speed-up turned off?

Removing the human speed boost is purely a Just For Fun feature.. or more accurately a Just For Training feature. I'd like to see who can get the best score vs the Troiano team without that speed boost ;)

I repeat, human speed boost removal is purely JFF.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: KO2CV - 0.93

Postby gdh82 » Tue May 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Free kick training mode
At last we have the initial release of this feature. Switch this on in the KO2CV menu. Take the ball to where you want to take the free kick from. Hit F2 to set the position. Get possession of the ball and Hit F3. A free kick will be taken from the selected position. When you have possession of the ball again, hit F3 to take again.. and again.

This really is great, Steve. At least I'm beginning to get the ball on target more often!! :lol: Just some feedback from my use in practice mode last night:

* freekick taker - this is determined by who touches the ball last but that includes the opposition goal keeper!! At which point you have to exit the game.

* works in open play only - be nice if you could press f3 again when the ball sails over the bar or out for a throw-in too (when my free kicks go wrong which happens alot)

* remembers free kick marker - helpfully the game remembers the F2 marker between games!

* neverending practice mode - not a problem but once injury times shows, the game just keeps on going!!!

I only pass this on for future reference, Steve, as I know from experience how little ones can be ! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Loul
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Loul » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:42 pm

Steve Camber wrote:
Sid wrote:Other times, sometimes not even goals, has registered as 8, and 11 hits respectively.

This is simply a count of how many times the sound effect is triggered. I'll have to put some sort of timeout feature in to make these multiple hits count as one.

I really liked that stat that was sometimes of a consolation after another defeat :)

I'm not into programming at all but I guess we could make do with multiple bounces (even ones that would happen in real life) counting as one : say the ball hiting the left post then bouncing onto the right post to eventually getting in or out.
Should you accept that counting I guess you could "freeze" the sound effect triggered counter if the ball has not been touched by a player after being triggered a first time.

I'm not sure my suggestion would be of any help but who knows :lol:
Only one creature could have duplicated the expressions on their faces, and that would be a pigeon who has heard not only that Lord Nelson has got down off his column but has also been seen buying a 12-bore repeater and a box of cartridges. (T. Pratchett)
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:12 am

Thanks for a great version Steve.

a few remarks.

1) the shots on target stat doesnt seem to work 100%. I notice more shots on target than actually have occured.

2) The crowd makes it difficult to see the scanner when the ball is very far to the left.

3) May we see more beautiful default kits in next version a la Player Manager /Kick Off ?
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: KO2CV - 0.93

Postby gdh82 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Human speedup off
Finally I have tracked down the speed advantage that human players have vs CPU players. It can be switched off to make 1 player games more challenging.

This is a smart JFF option but I have a question. By turning the human speedup off, does this make a 1-player game the same speed as a two player game ? Only it seems a shade slower to me, as if both players have the speedup in a 2-player game ?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:08 pm

The speed advantage applies to any human controlled player, whether that is in a one player game or a two player game.

So turn off the speed advantage in a 2 player game, and the top running speed will be less (the same as the speed CPU players normally have).
--
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:19 pm

Steve Camber wrote:The speed advantage applies to any human controlled player, whether that is in a one player game or a two player game.

So turn off the speed advantage in a 2 player game, and the top running speed will be less (the same as the speed CPU players normally have).

Thanks Steve.

Would it be possible to give the CPU the human speed advantage too then ? This, I think, would just make 1-player games even more similar to 2-player games, arguably more useful than taking the human speed advantage off ? This could be a very low level, non-urgent, do-it-one-day kind of wish! :)

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:18 pm

gdh82 wrote:
Steve Camber wrote:The speed advantage applies to any human controlled player, whether that is in a one player game or a two player game.

Thanks Steve.

Would it be possible to give the CPU the human speed advantage too then ? This, I think, would just make 1-player games even more similar to 2-player games, arguably more useful than taking the human speed advantage off ? This could be a very low level, non-urgent, do-it-one-day kind of wish! :)

I probably would have done that at the time if it was easy to do ;)
--

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Steve Camber wrote:I probably would have done that at the time if it was easy to do ;)

Cycling home from work just now (must be the extra oxygen to the brain?) but I wondered if you might have already done it, Steve ? Maybe one of the extra skills levels for the computer is the equivalent of the human speed advantage ? I think there's a Troani level ? Is it that each of these levels has a different speed ?

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:19 pm

gdh82 wrote:
Steve Camber wrote:I probably would have done that at the time if it was easy to do ;)

Cycling home from work just now (must be the extra oxygen to the brain?) but I wondered if you might have already done it, Steve ? Maybe one of the extra skills levels for the computer is the equivalent of the human speed advantage ? I think there's a Troani level ? Is it that each of these levels has a different speed ?

They have overall increased stats, not just an increased running speed.
--