KO2 Competition Version Wish List

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

KO2 Competition Version Wish List

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:15 pm

As the other thread is now experiencing problems, we had best continue here!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
Loul
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Paris, France

Postby Loul » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:27 pm

As I already mentionned it in some other thread, a change in the behaviour of the x % speed option (and I support the 75% speed option wish :-) ).

What makes it especially painful to play the 50% speed is that everything in the game is slowed down including the times when the ball is out of the pitch, the time needed for players to catch the ball, the time before you're able to pick yourr choosen option for kicking the corner kick, the time for an injured player to be on his feet again etc.

So what would be great is that the slowing down factor would apply only to times when the ball is effectively in play !
Dunno if it's easy to do but I'd really appreciate that :)
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:53 pm

Loul wrote:As I already mentionned it in some other thread, a change in the behaviour of the x % speed option (and I support the 75% speed option wish :-) ).

What makes it especially painful to play the 50% speed is that everything in the game is slowed down including the times when the ball is out of the pitch, the time needed for players to catch the ball, the time before you're able to pick yourr choosen option for kicking the corner kick, the time for an injured player to be on his feet again etc.

So what would be great is that the slowing down factor would apply only to times when the ball is effectively in play !
Dunno if it's easy to do but I'd really appreciate that :)

Yes!! It's easy to check if the ball is in play, and therefore adjust the speed accordingly.
Adding 66% 75% 80% 83% 86% 87% etc should be straightforward.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby gdh82 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:27 pm

Steve Camber wrote: It's easy to check if the ball is in play.


A very small point but could you also apply this to the possession stats? At present I think it includes the time when the ball is out of play, especially during goal kicks, which means it isn't quite so accurate (even though that's where I get most of my possession stats as I'm usually under the cosh! :wink: )
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:29 pm

Yep, should be simple enough to tweak that.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby gdh82 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Yep, should be simple enough to tweak that.


Great! :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3491
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Kick Off House - Milano - Italy
Contact:

Postby Torchiador » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:20 pm

Stox, I think that the original KO2 is missing of those options since the first time I saw Sensible Soccer, about 14 years...
Image
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:22 am

Loul wrote: (and I support the 75% speed option wish :-) )

I think I just played a game at 75%!

Then I played one at 125% but soon got a lovely purple flashing screen. Oh well!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!
Posts: 5252
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Danne » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:58 am

My wish is that I want KO2 in ordinary game format (.exe) and not in ADF format.

Autoemulation with other words.

Is this possible?
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:10 am

Danne wrote:My wish is that I want KO2 in ordinary game format (.exe) and not in ADF format.

Autoemulation with other words.

Is this possible?

Some sort of self contained winuae exe? I suppose it should be possible.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!
Posts: 5252
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Danne » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:11 am

Steve Camber wrote:
Danne wrote:My wish is that I want KO2 in ordinary game format (.exe) and not in ADF format.

Autoemulation with other words.

Is this possible?

Some sort of self contained winuae exe? I suppose it should be possible.


but you will not do it?
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:14 am

There are many people here who could do that! Any volunteers?
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!
Posts: 5252
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Danne » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:17 am

Steve Camber wrote:There are many people here who could do that! Any volunteers?


Is it ok to use this topic for personal questions?

Are you the best programmer, Steve? or how is it that you are the only one that can change the gameplay for the Kick Off games?

Are you a friend of Dino who gave you some top secret files?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest