World Cup - SCORE INPUTTER(S)

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Robert

World Cup - SCORE INPUTTER(S)

Postby Robert » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:56 pm

Dear KOA....

This is a serious situation.

Everyone will remember the excellent job that Desiree did last year in the World Cup, inputting the scores and keeping a paper backup.

Furthermore, everyone will remember the fine contribution of the small Italian guys who's name I can't remember, inputting the scores into the bizarre software that they use.

So here's the problem.

Desiree and the small Italian guy ARE NOT COMING.

This is a big World Cup and without score inputters it will be so disorganised and crap that we might as well cancel it.

I am not proposing that we have the same person doing this all day, both days. What would be really good is if we could split the shifts between, say, 4 people.

HELP!

Can anyone offer a friend, girlfriend, wife, child or manservant to fulfill this worthy task for a few hours on one of the days? We need volunteers or we are in organisational chaos.

I suggest that we offer these people unlimited, complimentary, food and drink all weekend... but if anyone else has any good suggestions for their benefits package, please speak out now.

This is not a drill, people, I am really concerned about this.

Score entering 'volunteers':
Last edited by Robert on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thowra
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Thowra » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:29 pm

I can do SOME of it. I will be enjoying the rest of the weekend.
Latin American travel: http://www.thowra.com
Digital Equine: http://www.digitalequine.co.uk
WC 2005 Official Photographer
WC 2006 Co-Organiser
uncle_colin

Postby uncle_colin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:25 am

My girlfriend would be happy to do it, but she'd need free acommadation somewhere for Fri and Sat night.
Beckite
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Beckite » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:38 am

Ill gladly do it,if i get picked up from my house in a hummer stretch limo and fed whiskey for the whole weekend free.
“I drink too much. Will you tell me one great actor who doesn't drink?”

Robert Shaw

1927-1978
Robert

Postby Robert » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:22 am

uncle_colin wrote:My girlfriend would be happy to do it, but she'd need free acommadation somewhere for Fri and Sat night.

Could you fit 5 in the Beardmobile?
uncle_colin

Postby uncle_colin » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:21 pm

Robert Swift wrote:
uncle_colin wrote:My girlfriend would be happy to do it, but she'd need free acommadation somewhere for Fri and Sat night.

Could you fit 5 in the Beardmobile?

Actually, would be a tight squeeze. Perhaps not then.
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:31 pm

I would suggest £1 from each entry to pay for someone to do this...(make it £21 to enter)
Not so nice as a round £20 but needs must, and 50 odd quid for a weekends work might persuade someone...
If you all agree I'll do it. I need the money!!!

If we do agree I could ask a niece - kids don't do fuck all for 'complimentary food and drink' these days... they never get in the car if I offer them sweets anymore...
But I couldn't even be 20% certain. they've all got playstations, tv's, stereo's, mobile phones, mp3's...kids today. Don't know they're born...But a 50 quid sweetener might work.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:43 pm

Haydn is right, we should try to get and pay someone. A compulsory extra pound from each player, and even some tips in a hat at the end of the tournament.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:24 pm

As my girlfriend will come along with me anyway she would be ready to do the job. All she needs is a short introduction in using the software. She works in an office and is skilled in typing. All she´s asking for is some vegeterian food. Maybe she can share the work with Claire.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:24 pm

Oliver St wrote:As my girlfriend will come along with me anyway she would be ready to do the job. All she needs is a short introduction in using the software. She works in an office and is skilled in typing. All she´s asking for is some vegeterian food. Maybe she can share the work with Claire.

And share the food with me :D
Oliver St

Postby Oliver St » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:39 pm

Semtex wrote:
Oliver St wrote:As my girlfriend will come along with me anyway she would be ready to do the job. All she needs is a short introduction in using the software. She works in an office and is skilled in typing. All she´s asking for is some vegeterian food. Maybe she can share the work with Claire.

And share the food with me :D

That you´ll have to negociate with her. :wink:

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Robert

Postby Robert » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:38 am

The idea that we pay someone assumes that:

1) Everyone is happy to pay an extra fee
2) I know someone that is available at short notice for Saturday and Sunday
3) This person is quite happy to do 15 hours of adminstrative work during the weekend for £50 (£3.33 per hour).

Since neither 1), 2) or 3) is true then the idea must be dismissed as impractical. Also, let's be careful here. I'm not sure I like the idea of 'lets ask our girlfriends and, if they say no, pay someone'. If we are prepared to pay then we should be prepared to pay our girlfriends, otherwise I think that's pretty insulting don't you?

This is not going to be a paid position.

So far, we have two 'volunteers' - Claire and Annett.

We need at least four to make this work. Claire has other responsibilities and commitments during the weekend and I am sure Annett didn't come to London to do unpaid admin work all weekend.

Let's spread the work 4 ways so it's no more than half of one day, per person. Two more volunteers please.... Wendydoll? Mrs Beard?
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:40 pm

If we are prepared to pay then we should be prepared to pay our girlfriends, otherwise I think that's pretty insulting don't you?

I always though that paying your girlfriend is insulting.

Jokes aside, this is very important for the success of the WC. That's why we said a million thanks to Desiree last year.