Play As Goalkeeper

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

AlexT
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby AlexT » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:45 pm

Hi

I thought I'd tell you about an interesting variation in playing PM. Does anyone else do this?

I usually play in position, but well it does get a bit boring winning 12-0 all the time.

Start a new game, and play as team. Keep restarting until you get a decent keeping ability. With a bit of persistence it's not too hard to get 140 or so.

Immediately retrain yourself as a keeper and play yourself in goal. It's actually almost a challenge with no decent outfield players.

For the first 3 seasons, just look after the PM, and don't worry about the transfer list. You don't get the decent players appearing till after you win the 1st division anyway.

With some persistence on the season restarts you will soon have the keeping upto a respectable 170, or so.

From then on you can concentrate on finding decent players at the start of each season and building that mega KO2 team.

This does take a bit longer than the traditional way, but does mean you're not left with a dead dog of an outfield player after 5 years.

You can keep playing yourself in goal for as long as you like. It doesn't really matter how low your speed and resilience drop, just sol long as the keeping is high (and it will be after all thos years).
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon May 16, 2005 11:20 am

I am currently running 2x Winuae on my laptop with 2 careers running, I also have a 'real' game running on my main pc where I actually play the games.

If one team gets good then I flash the save disk to the main pc and carry on there.

I will be trying out a career with M Durban in goal as this sounds excellent :)

Most 3rd div keepers are between 140 and 150 anyway so if I can get Durbans skills to 140+ I will put him in goal, excellent idea.

Will post results.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:26 am

durban wrote:Will post results.

I've done that once... was fun (many years ago!!!)
May retry it when I get bored (not likely though for quite a while!!!)

Update Durban?
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser