This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Dave
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Assistance with ko2 games / set up please

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:32 pm

Hi,

I am delighted to have found this is all possible (ko2 on laptop...wow, get in there!!!!)...please please please can someone help me.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with a coupld of problems i have with the emulator/ko2 games.....it'd be great if someone coudl mail me all games that are know to work...the player manager i have off the download page here does not run..it jus goes black...the emulator asks for a caps-project file, but on caps proj page there are a few, so tried some and none worked...

what is diff between ipf and adf? are both supposed to work on emulator?

can emulator go to full screen on my laptop? at mo it is about half size.

can anyone suggest a joystick that will work, and can i have 2 player games thru emulator...i only have 1 usb port.

I love KO and all games associated. I have previously bought old amigas so that i can still play...but another one just broke and someone suggested trying emulator...so i searched the net and found this site and others...i have done the downloads from the downloads page and am nearly there (i am not a total techo genius like most of u guys, but i am not a total beginer)...
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assistance with ko2 games / set up please

Postby manicx » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:20 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Dave wrote:I would really appreciate if someone could help me with a coupld of problems i have with the emulator/ko2 games.....it'd be great if someone coudl mail me all games that are know to work...the player manager i have off the download page here does not run..it jus goes black...the emulator asks for a caps-project file, but on caps proj page there are a few, so tried some and none worked...

This is the old KO Gathering Downloads page.

http://www.ko-gathering.com/downloads/

We recently started our new Wiki pages and the old content will be copied to the new site. It has all images + winUAE and CAPS (now called SPS) library.

what is diff between ipf and adf? are both supposed to work on emulator?

IPF is the image that is directly created from an Amiga original disk. It is a format that was started from CAPS a few years ago. 99.9% of the adf game images are from cracked Amiga games.

can emulator go to full screen on my laptop? at mo it is about half size.

In the Display Settings in winUAE you can tick the Full Screen box. For laptops, I recommend winFellow though.

can anyone suggest a joystick that will work, and can i have 2 player games thru emulator...i only have 1 usb port.

Maybe the latest Competition Pro USB version will be ideal for you. If you have old Amiga joysticks and a parallel port in your PC, then I recommend you an Amiga 4-player adaptor that plugs into the parallel port of any PC and with the help of the PPJoy drivers, provide you with 2 D-type 9pin joystick inputs.

Hope that helps.
Dave
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Joystick / ppjoy help please

Postby Dave » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:10 pm

Hi,

thanks very much for the info so far, it really is a great help for me and i am delighted to get your assistance...i am well on the way....

i bought a 4 player adaptor and downloaded ppjoy driver....the problem i have now is...my joystick just wont work when i load up KO2 (i have not tried any other game).

I followed the instructions at http://www.rc-sim.de/art_engine_en/arti ... rticle=118 for set up of ppjoy...and my hardware looks as it should for step a...step b has been fulfilled also.....my port and joystick are working...as when i 'calibrate' the joystick....i see the cursor moving...ie it works in test..so i know it is ok.

when i load KO2 it just does not work!!! very frustrating as so close to being able to play this great game on my pc!!

I looked at posting made on another post 'another newbie' and found the screen shots very useful....here are the minor differences i have

on the 'game and i/o ports' screen....on my screen the area for parallel port IS GREY OUT...where as yours is white....ie i cant select anythign under teh area parallel port.

next....under 'MIDI' we both havesame under OUT...but under IN...you have a blank box...and i cant get this....when i have 'wavetable' selected, i have MPU-401 in the box for IN.

under INPUT field...our entries are identical other than you have joy2 and i have joy 1...and more importantly you have blanks all the way under auto fire...but on mine...i have no against button 0 and 1.

What can you suggest as to why this does not work when i load up KO2? I am hoping there is somethign obvious i have not doen in set up.....really hoping for help.

Dave
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Joystick / ppjoy help please

Postby manicx » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:52 pm

Dave wrote:on the 'game and i/o ports' screen....on my screen the area for parallel port IS GREY OUT...where as yours is white....ie i cant select anythign under teh area parallel port.

next....under 'MIDI' we both havesame under OUT...but under IN...you have a blank box...and i cant get this....when i have 'wavetable' selected, i have MPU-401 in the box for IN.

I don't think it matters that much. Make sure the settings for Mouse and Joystick Ports are correct.

under INPUT field...our entries are identical other than you have joy2 and i have joy 1...and more importantly you have blanks all the way under auto fire...but on mine...i have no against button 0 and 1.

What exactly do you mean when you say "you have blanks all the way under auto fire...but on mine...i have no against button 0 and 1". I can't see what you mean with 'blanks'. And why don't you try Joy2 instead of Joy1 as well?
Dave
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

almost done now...

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:05 pm

your help has been invaluable so far, i am sooo grateful...thanks.

i now have 2 working joysticks working thru amiga 4 arallel port using ppjoy driver.....(i found it difficult enough to get thru...so thanks)

ANYWAY...the last thing (i hope!)...the play speed is slow...how can i speed it up so that it is normal speed?

Also...can i use 'old' amiga disks thru a floppy dirve to load up some legendary player manager teams i have?

Best Regards

Dave
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:13 pm

Dave wrote:your help has been invaluable so far, i am sooo grateful...thanks.

i now have 2 working joysticks working thru amiga 4 arallel port using ppjoy driver.....(i found it difficult enough to get thru...so thanks)

Great :)

ANYWAY...the last thing (i hope!)...the play speed is slow...how can i speed it up so that it is normal speed?

What is your PC specs? Are you using a TFT monitor on a desktop PC or a laptop?

Also...can i use 'old' amiga disks thru a floppy dirve to load up some legendary player manager teams i have?

Best Regards

Dave

I am afraid not. You need a special floppy interface called catweasel. It is a bit expensive. Best way is to find a friend with a real Amiga and do the stuff for you. If you are in the UK, I am sure that if you ask, there are people who will help you. You may even be lucky and leave close to one of them or you can attend a KO2 tournament and take the disks with you.
Dave
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:37 pm

hi,

i am using a compaq armada m700 laptop.

(i just tried altering setting in display and taking off full screen..it goes way too quick now!! i gues there is correct settings i need).

i have an old amiga...but from what ur saying..i will need a catwesle too?

a ko2 tournament is apossibility..i will keep an eye on the web to see when and where...i am good enough at ko2, but i suspect guys that have been playing non stop for ages will be outta my league....maybe there is an intermediate section!!
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:05 pm

Dave wrote:hi,

i am using a compaq armada m700 laptop.

(i just tried altering setting in display and taking off full screen..it goes way too quick now!! i gues there is correct settings i need).

Hehe, I was suspecting a LCD screen. Please read my answer here:

http://www.ko-gathering.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=10587

It's the other topic I replied. Read my answer carefully regarding speed.

i have an old amiga...but from what ur saying..i will need a catwesle too?

If you have an A1200 preferably or an A500, you can do it. You can use a null modem serial cable together with a program called Amiga Explorer. It provides a link between the PC and the Amiga and you can use your PC and simply do a couple of drag and drops and save an adf image to the PC. You can do it with a simple A1200 too without cables and stuff, but you need to be familiar with Workbench, Crossdos and a few other things.

a ko2 tournament is apossibility..i will keep an eye on the web to see when and where...i am good enough at ko2, but i suspect guys that have been playing non stop for ages will be outta my league....maybe there is an intermediate section!!

Well, there are not all KO2 gods. There are players at all levels.
Dave
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:02 pm

cheers that info was great....

finally...how do i 'save' the settings of the emulator once i am happy with it...ie joysticks working..and speed correct, full size screen...happy with all this now,.....i would now like to set it all up and save it, so i dont have to do each time.

Dave
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:08 pm

Glad they all work. To save a config, go to the Configurations option after you have selected all the options, and click Save As. The file will be saved in the Configurations folder and will be displayed on the Configurations window. Once saved, you can modify it and save by clicking the Save (not Save As) option...