Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderator: Moderators

starks
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Need Help to Play Online

Postby starks » Sun May 08, 2005 8:34 am

Hi,

First of all, I'd like you thank you all for creating this wonderful community. I just found it by chance and I could not tell you how happy I became. :D

Having said that, I was wondering if there's a simple guide to play Kick off 2 online. I tried reading everything I found but could not see one. I'm stuck at some point. I'd appreciate if you could help me.

First of all, I downloaded "WinUAE (Amiga) - Complete with Ko2 and Rom Files" from koanet.co.uk. I can play it on my computer just fine. No problems here. (I can't tell you how great it felt to be able to play after all these years :) )

Then I downloaded, "Mame" from koanet.co.uk and installed it.

I then configured the "kaillerasrv.conf" file with my IP address etc. to create a server. Started "kaillerasrv.exe" . When I look at the servers through Mame, I can see and connect to my own server. I suppose, everything's fine until this point. :?:

My question is what to do next. I guess I have to put the Rom file under the folder "Rom" in Mame. I put "Kickstart 1.3 (34.5) (A500-A2500-A3000-CDTV) (Commodore) (1987)[!].rom" under that folder. But it did not seem to work.

Could you please tell me what am I missing? And any other things I or other person who I'd like play with should do?

Thank you very much.
GingerPete
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby GingerPete » Sun May 08, 2005 9:33 am

Em i think you have got a littel confused there dude.
Either that or you have confused me!?

No need for Mame, if u get teh KO2 Winuea Kalliera file of Koanet thats your lot.

been a while but of the top of my head click the kailera tab, enter a username etc find a server room with low ping, then create game, a * will appear, thats Kick off, then a room is made, get someone to join and then run the game.

Or of course youcen run your own server, so go to from kailera.

I will play if u give us a shout sometime, there are a few others here aswell that used to play, we may try and kick this back up again.
fritez
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby fritez » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:02 pm

GingerPete wrote:Em i think you have got a littel confused there dude.
Either that or you have confused me!?

No need for Mame, if u get teh KO2 Winuea Kalliera file of Koanet thats your lot.

been a while but of the top of my head click the kailera tab, enter a username etc find a server room with low ping, then create game, a * will appear, thats Kick off, then a room is made, get someone to join and then run the game.

Or of course youcen run your own server, so go to from kailera.

I will play if u give us a shout sometime, there are a few others here aswell that used to play, we may try and kick this back up again.

Hei.... i have tried to play online with WinUAE kaillera but when the game starts im disconnected....
Is there anyone who know how to config winUAE so its posible to play online??
Please tell me, and play a match with me.