Anyone interested in a 'result only' remake of PM

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

GingerPete
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby GingerPete » Wed May 18, 2005 9:13 pm

I made a results only management game a few years ago. Well quite a few years ago in my A level days before uni.

It was in Visuale basic mind! And I knew fuck all about programming at the time!

Hell it was all one big function, no parameters, pointers recursion!! lol

Tickles me just thinking about its simplicity!
Will try to find the code! or even the exe..!
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed May 18, 2005 9:40 pm

durban wrote:It keeps me interested.....

anyway I have finished games, I finished Top Break Snooker, Durbanvaders, Jumping Jack, Bloc, Galaxians....

What more do you want :)

Oh God, he IS going to do it. He will start the project, make us all interested in it and then... paff - he'll forget it. :)
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Wed May 18, 2005 10:13 pm

durban wrote:Erm I probably will not do the 'game' part so chaging team kit colours is not an option really because there isn't much point if you are not playing the game.

However other things are certainly possible.

I can create an original remake and then create the new version with international leagues and players etc if you like.

I showed Foxsoft an old Management game I made a few years ago, so I am very capable of writing this sort of thing. In the old game I had about 28 leagues from around the world, with a database of approx 18,000 players. PM would be easier because the players would all be made up so I would not need to keep it updated.

I could have multiple nationality databases, each team would be allocated players based on its location first but every now and again they would get a foreign player. However this gets away from the original so my first task would be to remake the managerial side of the original PM, trying to keep the gameplay intact and even the menus etc just updating the graphics a little and making it easier on the eye.

If people are interested I am up for it.

guys that management game rocks 8) It's a pity he forgot many options and hidden features. :D
I'm of course interested at the project :wink:
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed May 18, 2005 10:19 pm

Thanks Gianluca, this is why you are the World Chaympion and Spyros isnt :lol:

Cyclops mate, I am as annoyed as you are when I don't finish my projects believe me, I will try my hardest, I have done lots today.

My aim is to code something a better way than the previous project, thats why I keep starting new things because I find better ways to code things and for some reason I don't like restarting the original stuff, I am a compulsive starter it seems :(

Anyway Gianluca has seen my previous management effort, one which I put many months of effort in (not to mention just the collation of data for 30 European Leagues each with the REAL player names and stats!!!!)

That project is what made me want to try a PM remake, coz to be honest it will be better if I can use made up names, the reason I stopped the other management sim was because in the 6 months it took to get so far the data was old and out of date :(
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu May 19, 2005 7:33 pm

Partly to show I am working hard on this project, and partly to annoy Spyros.....

http://www.dbnx.com/download/pmr1.jpg

http://www.dbnx.com/download/pmr2.jpg
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
jesper
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby jesper » Thu May 19, 2005 9:44 pm

Spyros is using reverse psychology on you. Don't fall for it. Don't finish the project :lol:

Anyway, cool screenshots. 8)

Why not use Throw-In as the game engine? 8) 8)
You cannot avoid the Google [Bot]
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu May 19, 2005 10:09 pm

Lol I have a long way to go.

To be honest throw in deserves a new engine, perhaps when I finish this version (if I ever do) then we can look at coding it in a new way that may well work with throw in, however TI is Gianlucas project and I am sure he has things up his sleeve for stuff like this.

The good news is that its using the same language :) so who knows.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu May 19, 2005 10:10 pm

Screenshots aint cool, but I think they are pretty authentic

Had to add a few little touches, like menus highlight when you hover over them as does player names when you can select them for info etc.

the name generator is ok but needs more names.

also I am not happy with the Age generator at the moment as it seems to like to create too many older players which aint good.
jesper
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby jesper » Thu May 19, 2005 10:20 pm

durban wrote:Screenshots aint cool, but I think they are pretty authentic

Well authentic Player Manager is cool me thinks. :)

Anyway, forget about spicing up the menus and consentrate on the game itself ffs.

Should be too hard to adjust the age generator btw :wink:
You cannot avoid the Google [Bot]
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Thu May 19, 2005 10:29 pm

yes we could think about a PM section later. No hurry at all :)
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri May 20, 2005 1:36 am

And a League Table that works

http://www.dbnx.com/download/pmr3.jpg
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri May 20, 2005 1:37 am

Alkis is banned from playing this game, his 172 goals in a season would fuck up my league table format :lol:
magnificus
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby magnificus » Fri May 20, 2005 8:55 am

Nice screenshots. Hope you finish it soon in order to see the changes!