My first international match!

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

My first international match!

Postby Tripod » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:11 pm

Thanks again to everyone involved for providing us with online KO2. Thanks to the easy setup Pedro and I were able to play our first online game - for me it was even my first international game ever! :)

Sadly, the connection wasn't very good - Pedro needs braodband ffs - and thus gameplay was very choppy including a few worryingly long pauses.

Nonetheless, I won 1-0 (hooray) through a late goal and tried to show of a few of my mediocre skills but the timing was off in most situations. Pedro had Robert-ish excuses like he was playing with the cursor keys and <i>even</i> on a laptop keyboard with small sized kyes and they weren't working for a minute - excuses, excuses... :D

Maybe we find a server with a better Ping next time, we should surely give it another try.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:12 pm

All I can advise is to close down everything but kailerra when playing.

if pedro has dialup then you won't have a great game, but try at 50% speed it is playable.

However pop onto the koanet chat room tonight and there will be lots around to play with broadband.

It seems to be getting better.

Me and Pete had 4 games this afternoon and it was exactly KO2 speed. Absolutely no lag whatsoever, it was like playing on an Amiga.

Both of us had less than 30ms ping tho, so it looks like if you can get less than 30 you can actually play ko2 perfectly online (I didn't think it was possible but it is, no delay at all!)

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:34 am

Kaillera won't let me redefine keys ffsm!!!

If I can't use OPQA Space then I'm hawk (ok, so I'm probably hawk even if I could use them :lol: ).

I do have broadband but everyone at home was on the net at that hour hence the lag, which was strangely pretty smaller on the 2nd half than on the 1st half.

We both got a shot to the post (ohhhhhhhhhh) but Alex managed to put it in the back of the net about one minute from time.

Looking forward to playing it again! :D
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:55 pm

I've played a number of games so far, all of which were really enjoyable affairs.

However, I have still not played my first international match as yet, having only played GingerPete and Durban to date.

I'll be looking for an opponent tonight (international or not) after about 10:30pm if anyone is gonna be about. I'll check the koanet chat room for messages.

Ta
P
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:25 am

I might be online by that time (I doubt it though; earlier would be a better bet).

Search for me on MSN.

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:55 am

Pedro WTF!!!!!

Pee posts yesterday saying he will be around yesterday evening!

You then post this morning saying you may be able to make that time!

WTF!!!

Do you have a time machine pedro ffs?

:lol:
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:25 am

:oops: didn't look at the date, thought he had posted it today

Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:22 am

Haha that made me chuckle. Cheers. :lol:
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB
Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:29 pm

I'm practising KO2 about every night now, for the upcoming World Cup in Groningen. I think it's time for me to test my skills against human opponents. I'll drop by on koa:.:net next friday evening to see if anyone is interested...
First I'll have to get the kailera config right I guess.
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:40 pm

The download that is on http://www.koanet.co.uk now is very simple and doesn't require any configuring except to get the Joystick1 or 2 thing right and that can be altered in game anyway. It ain't as messy as winUAE or the other Kaillera versions I have had. It really is a doddle. If Pee can do it, anyone can, the goddamn n00b.
FWA OK!!

Calimero
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Calimero » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:53 pm

Okay n00bie, how about a game on friday night then? :)
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:03 pm

Pee wrote:The download that is on http://www.koanet.co.uk now is very simple and doesn't require any configuring

....all together now

....Say 'Thank You Durban'

:)
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:08 pm

Durbs: Thank you please. I'm sure you have the likes of me in mind when setting up the configs so I guess without fools like me, none of this simplicity would be possible ;) :? :? :?

Cal: I think I am out on Friday but I'll let you know. (I hate going out Friday's an all. Scrubs night ffs) If I'm in then I'll play fo sure :)
FWA OK!!