Problems with STEEM

This forum is dedicated to the original version of Player Manager

Moderator: Moderators

nevster01
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Problems with STEEM

Postby nevster01 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:50 pm

I have managed to download player manager for STEEM, however when I go to start a new game after it has created the leagues it asks me to insert data disk I have tried pressing every key but to no avail, it still goes to the insert data disk screen. Any ideas? :cry:
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

OOof!

Postby Stainy » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:37 pm

Ely is your man with Steem I think.. or ST stuff.. I`m a Winuae man myself..
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:37 pm

Ello mate,

Not sure if you know this already but Player Manager requires a Blank Disk to be inserted on the ST (and Amiga)

Not sure how to do it on the ST but Steem should allow you to create blank disk images on your PC.

Then you need to press the button that ejects a disk (or rather emulates the eject) and then select the blank disk (should be a disk option screen somewhere)

then it should all work...

But you may have already tried this....Wait for ELY!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:52 am

Hey, I am also a ST grandpa! :evil: As Durban said, you need to have a data disk where the game saves your status. You need to insert a blank *.st image to Steem's virtual FDD.

To do so, press the Pause/Break key in your PC keyboard and then click on the disk manager icon in the steem menus (the one on the far right). Just drag and drop the icon to the Disk Drive A. Do not double click on it. Once you drop the icon to FDD A, close the Disk Manager and press the play icon in Steem. This is the way to change any single disk in STeem.

To create a disk image, just copy and paste an existing game image you have, boot in TOS, insert the copied game image and format it. You'll have a new floppy disk image.

If you need more help, let us know...
nevster01
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Still getting problems

Postby nevster01 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:23 pm

Just drag and drop the icon to the Disk Drive A. Do not double click on it. Once you drop the icon to FDD A, close the Disk Manager and press the play icon in Steem. This is the way to change any single disk in STeem.

To create a disk image, just copy and paste an existing game image you have, boot in TOS, insert the copied game image and format it. You'll have a new floppy disk image.

:( How do I create a disk image again? I create a disk image and drag it over to the disk manaer yeah?
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:54 am

Well, what I did was this:

-I downloaded a *.st image of a game through the net.

-In STeem, you can just double click the game image and the game will also start the emulator, right?

-You do not do that. Instead you start the emulator by clicking on the steem icon.

-The emulator starts in Paused mode, that is you can just use the icons on top of the emulator window. The last icon on the right is the disk manager. Click this to ensure that no disk icon exists in A. Now click the RESET icon (The symbol is a '!' in a circle).

-After that, click the play button. You will start in TOS mode. Press Pause/Break in your keyboard. This causes the emulator to work in windows mode that is being able to use the emulator menus.

-After that, insert the image you downloaded from the net using the Disk Manager. THIS IMAGE WILL BE FORMATTED SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COPY OF IT.

-Click again the play button. You are in ST mode now. Click once on the Floppy DIsk A icon in TOS and the go to File menu and select Format. After the format is finished, you'll have a blank disk image.

-You can rename the disk image in window to blank.st. Make sure you copy/paste it so you have as many blank images as you want.
nevster01
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby nevster01 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:33 pm

-I downloaded a *.st image of a game through the net.

What site did you get this from? I apologise if I am being a bit dim!! :?
GingerPete
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby GingerPete » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:00 pm

This Game Pake looks wicked, when is it out in europe?
I want to develope for It !! What does it use !?
So So many questions!?!! Need answers!
There is a game programmer competions aswell!?
I could make my game in the image of PM! ?

Ive had to much coffee!!

March I cannot wait till march!
If i buy a Jap one is it the same a a Europe or not !? Power isues!?!etc..
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:23 am

nevster01 wrote:-I downloaded a *.st image of a game through the net.

What site did you get this from? I apologise if I am being a bit dim!! :?

Okay, PM me your email and I will send you a blank ST image.
nevster01
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

It worked!!!!

Postby nevster01 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:02 pm

:) That seems to be working fine now, thanks for that. Whilst you're there, I have also downloaded WinUAE from the site but when I run it it says that I need kickstart roms, any ideas?? :oops:
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:22 pm

:wink: