Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderator: Moderators

deneef
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Looking for an opponent

Postby deneef » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:35 pm

Hi guys !

I'm new to this site, I've been playing KO2 for ages and I can't wait to play online !

Do not hesitate to add me on your buddy list in MSN Messenger (my e mail there is deneef@hotmail.com), I'll get in touch with yuo as soon as I'm back from holidays (very soon !)

I'll need a bit of help to get Kaillera to work, though, I don't understand everything and the download section on koa:net does not work for the moment.

See you,

Deneef, France
MSN : deneef@hotmail.com
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:11 am

The download section doesn't work?

Huh?

Let me take a look and get that sorted.

Just for info, the regulars seem to be on hols at the mo but will be back soon, welcome to the koa and koanet mate and hopefully we will have you up and running soon :)

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:12 am

Ok it looks like the main file (the Kailerra KO2 file) which is stored on Fillipos server aint connecting!!!

I will try and get it uploaded to the koanet site asap.

Fillipo where are you mate? fix your link!!

:)

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:33 am

Get him to the World Cup, Durban.
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:00 pm

How come the Swifts and Beards of this world aren't in the koa:net??
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:49 pm

Coz they are all Cowards pee!

I will play the odd game on a dialup coz I am not a coward but what are there excuses?

Well let me tell you....

1) 'Its not like real ko2 it would mess up my timing'
2) 'I don't have the time to play ko2 online'

Response 1 can be answered in that the game is for fun, in reality with a decent ping ko2 online is not different to real ko2, sometimes there will be a lag but its for fun, one or two games will not mess you up ffs!

Response to 2 is that this person plays online nearly every night with games like Ron (its not Swifty tho) and thus surely has enough time for a 5 min ew game of ko2.

People like Alkis have promised to join but are chicken!

Its a shame that we wait so long for this to happen, ko2 is available online and is 99% accurate (some would say 100 on a good connection)

We have leagues for fun, and cups and things, but people still are not playing!!!

Why?

Why people?

Why?

:lol:

Oh well the koa:.:net is now 45 strong and growing ffs! We will be bigger than the KOA soon !!!

If we get up to 20 or so active members (as in playing each couple of nights) then I will set up an online World Cup Comp, each player will be in groups and must play twice against each opponennt. There will be an online organiser so you can all arrange what times you want to play each match.
The tourney will last for a few weeks but will be awesome.

I just need 16 players who would be up for it to get it on!

M
M
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:11 pm

OK, similar reasons to not playing KO2002 or ’04.

I’ve been waiting for ages to get BB so I can play KO online and I’ve not played once since.
Once I’m back from me hols we’ll get some games going. Hopefully the Italians will be back from their summer long holiday by then too :lol:
Tripod also said he would play once he got his joystick situation sorted.
FWA OK!!

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." GB
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:17 pm

Too much trouble to get set up.

Too many pieces of unfamiliar shareware etc to get the PC to do less well something the Amiga does fine.

Can't I just plug my Amiga into the phone socket or something?
Pee
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Pee » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:23 pm

Add it to the list Durbs

3) Too complicated

Any more for any more? :wink:
FWA OK!!

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:58 pm

Swifty that is the lamest excuse ever...

Look mate its easier than making a cup of tea....I am even going to go into an overly detailed description just for you...

1) Go to http://www.koanet.co.uk

2) click on Downloads

3) Click on WinUAE with KO2 link and download (when Fillipo sorts his file)

4) Unzip into directory of your choosing

5) Click on the Winuae file in directory above

6) Click on Start Kailerra

7) Chose a server that you and your opponent have a good ping

8) Either you or opponent start game

9) click on play in bottom corner of window

10) Get a kicking from Durban!

Jesus, I can't believe you are saying its too much hassle, if you ask me setting up the amiga, putting the scart in, loading the disk and all that crap is too much hassle!!!!

FFS Swifty!!!
elancourt
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby elancourt » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:32 pm

Ca fait plaisir de voir un francais qui veut jouer a Kick off 2 :D

En ce moment c'est calme car c'est les vacances et les italians qui regnent sur le site sont en vacances, moi egalement donc le viens de rentrer mais je repars samedi , generalement on joue le soir deneef, donc on se retrouve sur le chat de koanet et selon les gens presents on joue !

Tu verras c'est tres simple de jouer, le mieux pour toi si tu ne croises personne c'est de tester seul pour voir si ca marche , tu telecharges tout ce qu'il faut , c'est sur la section download et quand tu dezippes les fichiers tu lances Kaillera , tu choisis generalment un serveur avec un ping bas et ou il y a de la place et tu crees ta partie pr tester , tu verras ton ping.

J'espere que tu as l'Adsl sinon c'est la mort, moi je susi en 512 et j'ai un ping qui oscille entre 50 et 70 et je joue presque comme si c'etait sur amiga 8)

C'est un vrai plaisir de jouer contre les gars de tous les pays et il y a bcp de fairplay et de correction!

A bientot sur le chat de koanet , j'essaierais d'y passer mercredi soir ou jeudi ou bien encore vendredi , j'y laisserais un message sur mes disponibilites si tu le peux aussi pour faire ton premeir match !
FORZA SAINT ETIENNE !
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:09 am

Oui, oui.

Just my thoughts as well... :?
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!