Online Ranksystem

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Rayge wrote:I personnally play for fun, not to win or be the best, and I wouldn't care if my level was lower on internet compared to offline (strangely it's not the case).

Just come and try it with us, you'll see if you are satisfied with the servers we use. It's easy: come, test it , like it or not, stay or leave :D
I only play for fun too, I've tried it quite recently online and don't find it fun.
Noodlebug

Postby Noodlebug » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:37 pm

If you are playing someone in the same region (for me: UK, France, Germany, Sweden) on a nearby server, it feels just like normal Kick Off to me.

Unfortunately if you are playing someone far away (Greece, Turkey) on a distant server, chances are one or both of you will find a sluggishness to the controls. I don't think this necessarily bears any relationship to ping, I usually have a good ping relative to my opponents, but on some servers control is just impossible.

Effects are:
    dancing around the ball instead of picking it up
    kicking in the direction you are running instead of trapping and stopping
    kicking in the direction you are trying to apply aftertouch (instead of clearing)
    when trying to receive long kicks, players randomly jumping/sliding in unpredictable directions
    not taking control of the player closest to the ball when you expect to

On some servers I have the sluggishness, on some it is my opponent, and it is not always possible to find a server where both of us are equally sluggish (or sluggishness-free)!

Playing someone when you can't pick up the ball, kick it where you want, or intercept players/long balls is not fun, it can be very frustrating, but it's certainly a challenge!
-----------------------------
Newbie for 12 years
Silver Cup runner up 2017
Bronze Cup and Best Defence runner up 2018
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:05 pm

I played Stainy who lives about 500 yards away from me, as well as a few other players in the UK. There's nothing more I can really say on this other than it's not for me. :(
Noodlebug

Postby Noodlebug » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:09 am

I updated my subjective rankings earlier in this thread. Filippos (filmour) is certainly a better player than me, I would like to see a zero-lag match between him and Danne, if such a thing is possible!

I have not seen nikos and filippos in the chatroom for 2 weeks now - maybe they are just on holiday? I miss our competitive maniac matches! Also Danne seems to have lost his motivation for the time being :?

Mannix now has a joystick and isn't a bad player. He does not speak good English and will not ask for a game, but if you ask him he will play you. Seems like he is going to the German Championships in September - give the lad some practice!
-----------------------------
Newbie for 12 years
Silver Cup runner up 2017
Bronze Cup and Best Defence runner up 2018