Forget all your preconceived notions of KO2 online...

Talk about on-line Kick Off

Moderator: Moderators

Redhair
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Redhair » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Menace wrote:I would join if I had a joystick.. Its near impossible to play KO with a gamepad.. :?

You should join anyway, if only just to talk about Kick Off, you don't need to play...
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: Forget all your preconieved notions of KO2 online...

Postby gdh82 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:36 pm

Steve1977 wrote:Firstly, download this:

http://www.meglomaniac.pwp.blueyonder.c ... ac089k.exe

To ensure maximum performance do the following:

Run in 16BIT Display
Make sure Connection Type within Kailerra is set to ‘LAN (60Keyframes)

Thanks for all what you've done so far, Redhair! :)

I've joined at the quakesite, downloaded the above file, but within WinUAEXP, I don't seem able to change those performance settings? And is Kailerra a separate download ?

Thanks again...
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:37 pm

Sid wrote:
Menace wrote:I would join if I had a joystick.. Its near impossible to play KO with a gamepad.. :?

buy one? :roll:

Money's too tight to mention.. :?
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:40 pm

:oops: Just worked out there's a Kaillera button and clicked it !

Found 224 servers - Not very techy I'm afraid - what do I do next ?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:39 pm

Menace wrote:
Sid wrote:

buy one? :roll:

Money's too tight to mention.. :?

I hear ya ... I spend it anyway, then shit a brick when I get the credit card statement! :shock:
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Gary, click on a server and click 'join'

However, you need to tell another user if they want a game and agree on a server beforehand.

Now you both have the server name and you'r both logged into it, one of you (typically the person with the lowest ping) 'hosts' a game and the other person simply clicks join.

When in the game click F12 to quit back to Windows (to change control settings and the like)

and F11 to chat in game.

Redhair..you are a legend mate for doing all this! Hopefully it wil get a lot more Kick Off fans out the woodwork and who knows, follow the online presence that Sensible Soccer enjoys.
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:55 pm

I don't want to spoil the fun out there but the emulator is pretty the same we used 5 years ago when we started koa:.:net (sadly seems http://www.koanet.co.uk/ is dead now :( ) , it's funny to see that we were used to play hundreds of online games when we had poor internet connections.
If you get used of the usual disconnection and Peer Desynchronization, that is a common networking problem with kaillera, playing kick off online is a pretty funny experience. :wink:

you need fast ping response between the clients and server to reduce latency in game.
Redhair
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Redhair » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:03 pm

filippodb wrote:I don't want to spoil the fun out there but the emulator is pretty the same we used 5 years ago when we started koa:.:net (sadly seems http://www.koanet.co.uk/ is dead now :( ) , it's funny to see that we were used to play hundreds of online games when we had poor internet connections.
If you get used of the usual disconnection and Peer Desynchronization, that is a common networking problem with kaillera, playing kick off online is a pretty funny experience. :wink:

you need fast ping response between the clients and server to reduce latency in game.

There is only one winUAE Kaillera, but this package is new and special: with a new "idiot-safe" install with pre-configured settings and with the newest competition version of Steve Camper. It is based on the online package which we use for SWOS, since 4 years! I only want to help you, the community of KO-Gathering. What are you talk about "spoil the fun"?

But hey, I remember you! As someone who steal graphics from other websites without any credits... But that's another story.
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:20 pm

Redhair wrote:but this package is new and special: with a new "idiot-safe" install

Its true, even I could install it!

- Perhaps Easter is not the best time to get people playing but I'm a bit dissappointed to see only the same few people on the KO channel..
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona
Playaveli
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Playaveli » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:22 pm

Redhair wrote:
filippodb wrote:I don't want to spoil the fun out there but the emulator is pretty the same we used 5 years ago when we started koa:.:net (sadly seems http://www.koanet.co.uk/ is dead now :( ) , it's funny to see that we were used to play hundreds of online games when we had poor internet connections.

But hey, I remember you! As someone who steal graphics from other websites without any credits... But that's another story.

I remember Mr. filipodb as well... especially for copying all my download topics without even asking... But as Redhair said, that's another story.

What filipodb is saying here is not true at all! We play SWOS 96/97 online almost 4 years now, perfectly running with freaks from all over Europe. And with nowadays internet connection games like SWOS and kickoff work brilliant in online mode.

The opposite of fun-spoiling is happening here! It's pure pleasure.
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Sid » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:26 pm

I will be on that channel soon...
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:05 pm

We ought to all agree on a particular evening to start a mini online tournament. Something like an Kick Off 'Online' FA Cup.

If we advertise it a bit, post reviews of how it went etc. Im sure it will be the first of many!
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:25 pm

I tried to play an online game with Redhair, but the horrible lag of my connection (103ms ping) resulted in a totally annoying game experience. I'll try my luck again.