WOW! Never realised the game was still loved!

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:17 pm

Erm I forgot to upload the index files that nikos provided...however all tournament data and downloads where actually on the site at 7pm tonight...

Index files have now be reloaded :)

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:36 pm

I tried looking for the Tournament downloads but couldnt find them (only the stories and the pictures)

could i have a direct link? :D
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:45 am

Welcome to the KOA Steve. As you can see, there are many people here still playing the game. Try to enter one of the upcoming English tournaments.
Steve and Dino did have some differences in the past, but the reason they split up was that Dino signed for Virgin (for which he created Goal) while Steve stayed with ANCO. Player Manager 2 *was* released, but only after Dino left and therefore -as he took the Kick Off source code with him- it was a totally different game.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:50 am

Erm downloads should work mate, I will check it out now!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:52 am

dude they are deffo there....only Athens 2002, Groningen and gloucester have movie files tho but I am watching one now!
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:57 pm

Steve1977 wrote:I live in Cradley Heath, West Midlands. Nr, Birmingham. Absolutely love to take part in a tournament. Just putting the pieces in place at the moment to get all my beloved games back off the net and onto the trusty amiga once more. Nothing has rivalled it for playable games, games with real addictivness and the quantity of those games since it went.

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the KOA.

You are in a great position for regular KO2 tournaments as Newent is under 1 hour drive away from you.

Newent has got to be the most common venue for a tournament in the world at the moment, having 1 tournament per month at least.

The regulars of the KOA, Mark Williams and Robert Swift along with myself and my brother are the usual attendees, along with possibly Nazim, Haydn and muppet Nick, my cousin..hehehe.

You are more than welcome to attend any of these events, so keep your eye on the tournaments forum for details of the next Newent gathering.

With good wishes

James Beard
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:19 pm

Apparently even Durban turns up for the odd Newent Event.

However he is never there when Mark Williams is attending as he apparently hates the bloke!

However Newent is an amazing Venue. Some people say its the Maraccana of the KO2 world. Its an elite venue, ample parking and wonderful facilities.

The only downside is the annoying door alarm!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:02 pm

Cheers for the files! lol, it seems it got pretty hairy in that final! :lol I couldnt work out if the guy cheering was playing or watching?

He then said something like:

"i feel really bad now"

or something and was swearing quite a bit. lol. Was it Steve Screech that said something like "calm down lads, we'r all adults" good that the game sparks thjis much passion! although i really need to play it more before i attend any tournaments cause you guys rock!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:26 pm

The guy screaming was....... :)

Robert!!! :lol:
No hold on to be fair he wasn't screaming he was supporting Our English Boy Martin Jeffrey the UK Chaympion as we all were coz he is English :)

It wasn't so much heated as good humoured competition.... :)

M
Semtex
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Semtex » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:23 pm

Cradley Heath eh?
That's just around the corner from the UK champion Martin J and his partner(some say lover but I'm sure that's just a rumour) Trevor the Hawk.
They reside in Wolverhampton. They are both top blokes so would surely be happy to meet up with you.
If you do fancy some shooting practice get yourself down to Worcester one night and I'll help you warm up for when you face evil bastards like Rob and the Beards...

Great to hear another person still enjoying the game :D
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:40 pm

Excellent stuff! Welcome to the place you shall forever call home :)

Nicely positioned there for regular action, get yourself some practice and join in the fun !
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:47 pm

Hey and Holmes Chapel is just up the M6 at J18....

Unfortunately some evil Beard Brother (or so the rumour has it) has stolen my amiga so I cannot offer you a game...However I have two greek PC joysticks and my PC can handle two inputs as its elite so I could offer you a WINUAE version...

Oh and check out koanet.co.uk for online ko2....except its very quiet at the moment.

And in fact sod it, if you play Rise Of Nations (or enjoy that style of gameplay) then check out http://www.ronnet.co.uk where a lot of the koa regulars have games on line.

Oh and finally get Counterstrike for your pc its the greatest game ever, and look out (and join if you like) the [koa] Clan...numbers increasing daily. I remember the days it was just me and General Robert!

M
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Re: WOW! Never realised the game was still loved!

Postby Steve1977 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:39 pm

....and after my first initial posts I disappeared for about 2 years! :lol: :lol:
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place