Rule change package

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

dnielsen

Rule change package

Postby dnielsen » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:35 am

I want to note here my thoughts for how to make WCs more fun through some small, but significant rule changes. I have been considering these things throughout the years.

1) Force every player to choose one half to play PBD and one half to play NO-PBD in every game.

2) Ban Lockout.

3) Allow line-up changes. Let Cox be number 11 and so on.

4) Increase the change of the keeper deflecting a shot somewhat. But keep or maybe decrease the chance of the keeper to drop the ball behind him.

5) (Somewhat big change) Play with the national teams (England, Spain etc.). Fix it so that both players can play with the same nation if they so choose.

6) (Somewhat big change) Play 2x3 minutes.
Freshmaker

Re: Rule change package

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 am

Dagh!
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 am

In short:
I kinda like 1-4. Not 5 or 6.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:50 am

not a big fan of 6, but the rest i'd jump at like a jumpy thing in jumptown,

1. PBD, i don't really care about one way or another, but would be interesting to see how some players cope.
2. Lockout, i just find negative and knocks the fun out of it.
3. I'd love to see lineup changes possible as the defaults favour a certain style of play and leads to less individualism (number 7 was my best player as spain, now i get barrett and it's made me change my style of play massively)
4. yep (altho i think this probably happens more at national level, but doesn't affect the dropping behind ofc)
5. l i played as spain for 25 years, imo, it's more fun and harder to score so you feel like you've accomplished something more when you do (from a noob point of view before the flaming starts)
6. i much prefer 2x5 as it gives both players enough time to weigh up the opponent and get back into the game
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Danny D
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Danny D » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:41 pm

Let's shake up the next world cup. Light wind!!!!!! That's all we need

Think about it. Light wind negates a lot of this easy goals. It adds more fun and unpredictability.
"We are now on the threshold of a newer movement, with a newer hope and a new inspiration."
James Larkin
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Number 1 would prevent me joining a tournament ever again. It may happen anyway, but I do not play pbd one half every match. The most I would accept is, as we did in the old days, let team A select the version.

Funny how those who actually paid for the game, after so many years, are being mocked and punished by the pirate's friends.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Sticky pitch!!!!

Why not just have RANDOM PBD and be done with it....or ban PBD altogether :)

I love PBD by the way, just saying, and yes I know it was an accident or something :)

Love you all
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
thor

Postby thor » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:36 am

I think for #1, even if it is a JFF CV change, it would be cool if the player who wins the toss could pick whether they want PBD in the 1st or 2nd half.
Fred/Typical
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:01 am

pbd/trapfix (dare i say keeper fix) would be cool if it was each players choice for each half like Thor said
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
thor

Postby thor » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:04 pm

dnielsen wrote:1) Force every player to choose one half to play PBD and one half to play NO-PBD in every game.

See my response to #6.

dnielsen wrote:2) Ban Lockout.

Oh man. Now that I spent so much time figuring out how to beat lockout.

dnielsen wrote:3) Allow line-up changes. Let Cox be number 11 and so on.

I have no problem with this. Some players are substituting before the game starts, to work around the current rule. That's unfortunate, I think. Chris and I messed around with this for years, but in the end we found that the current default lineup worked best for us.

dnielsen wrote:4) Increase the change of the keeper deflecting a shot somewhat. But keep or maybe decrease the chance of the keeper to drop the ball behind him.

I think I have beaten the don't change the game horse sufficiently to death in other threads. My arm is sore, and the horse is dead.

dnielsen wrote:5) (Somewhat big change) Play with the national teams (England, Spain etc.). Fix it so that both players can play with the same nation if they so choose.

My nationality is Team A. That's what my passport says, anyway.

dnielsen wrote:6) (Somewhat big change) Play 2x3 minutes.

This is interesting. I think it may be a problem with the KOASI. 2x3 minutes would theoretically allow you to play more games against more players in the WC. I would love that. In reality, as Gianni would tell you, we probably wouldn't get that much more games played. Players like to socialize, watch others play, etc. However, if we instead had games of 2x2.5 minutes and every "match" you played the other player twice. Once as Team A, once as Team B, for all the round 1 and round 2 games. Then once we get to the knockout stages, we can play 2 games of 2x5 as usual. This would have less impact on the logistics, as the two players have already sat down, and it only takes a minute to start the next match. From a stats perspective, the aggregate score could be considered equivalent to a 2x5 game. This would also allow us to let Team A select the settings, and it would be fair in the sense that we play one game your way, and one game my way.

Also, if the games in Dublin would have been 6 minutes long instead of 10 I would have beaten Chris, and (of less importance), I would have made the semi-finals. :D
Last edited by thor on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred/Typical
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:48 pm

dnielsen wrote:2) Ban Lockout.

In that case you are my man, Dagh. I don't like to play with it, nor do I like playing against it. Though the main reason might be that I haven't invested a single minute on trying to understand how it works yet...

Apart from that I think I'll try to organize a small tournament with the national teams around here. I used to enjoy playing like that.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:19 pm

Ban lockout is absurd ;)

I dont like it and will never use it but if my opponent wants to then good on them
Its my job to beat them
On the pitch not on the forum.

Kind regards

Mark
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:20 pm

My five(six) cents:

1) Force every player to choose one half to play PBD and one half to play NO-PBD in every game.

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have play x2 because it would be too messy to change things mid-game. Since that is too time consuming in some tournaments
currents rule PDB-choice is the best one, We have debated PBD to death and we've had PBD selectable for a long time.

2) Ban Lockout.

I agree that its not the most fun to play with or against but I think banning it is going too far. I'd rather see a restriction of changing tactics to a limited number per half, when a goal is scored or the ball is out of play. I think that would limit the use of lockout.

3) Allow line-up changes. Let Cox be number 11 and so on.

I am for this, this goes inline with allowing things that are available on any copy of KO2. This should be tried out. I am however sceptical who would benefit of this, maybe those who are dedicated in practice and preparing will gain a greater advantage than today towards those who prefers to press fire and play. Also interesting in relation to Lockout, would that increase the use of lockout with R.Barber and G.Nicholls on the wings instead of M.M.Barrett? Another option could be to add the number of substitutes. There are buttons available i think.
4) Increase the change of the keeper deflecting a shot somewhat. But keep or maybe
decrease the chance of the keeper to drop the ball behind him.
I think this is too big an intervention. I cite Thor's beaten/dead horse analogy.

5) (Somewhat big change) Play with the national teams (England, Spain etc.). Fix it so that both players can play with the same nation if they so choose.

I like this idea. Maybe we can try it out in a local tournament, I will suggest this to the FÖKOF. I think it needs some changes to KO2CV to work fully.

6) (Somewhat big change) Play 2x3 minutes.

I could also have beaten Chris with this if I remember correctly, :-D but I prefer the current setup.
Last edited by kofoed on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).