Discussion about bugfixes and enhancements for upcoming World Cups

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Discussion about bugfixes and enhancements for upcoming World Cups

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Let me add another thing, Lee, all in best mood and friendly possible way: you can play, you can attend tournaments, you are lucky. I live in the last point of Europe, I have to connect flights to attend a tournament, and I am f**** broke. Not anybody's fault, of course, but I cannot forget it, and I would accept any silly setting just to play again. Do not set nothing in fire just because one thing you like less.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:43 pm

I believe that we are dealing with two separate issues here.

The first one: Should Kick Off 2 change?

My answer? Absolutely. Why the hell not? The more new cool features/fixes, whatever you wanna call them, Steve can give us the better! KO2CV is like somebody (Steve) takes your favorite gift ever Santa Claus (Dino) brought you and gives you an enhanced version of it every year! I have played countless of matches with walls on, or against a mate who is not as good but can give me a good fight with a steroids team.

The second issue, should the changes be implemented in the World Cup?

Now that's different. It is exactly out of fear of alienating newcomers that we try to avoid that. But here's how it usually works. People propose the idea, and if it gets enough supporters, it is put up for vote among the WC attendees. If the majority wants it, it happens. To me, that is more than fair. Who here has a problem with that?

Calling a game feagure unfair, ridiculous, a snicky trick better players use to thrash others will not help your cause. Can you get 10 guys to agree with you? Then you have a solid basis for a WC vote.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:45 pm

that's too bad :(

money is tight here too tbh, not many people are totally flush in today's climate and it does cost a lot to get to a tournament... I had an absolute blast in dubbers, i really did, but as you know well, silver cup doesn't really have that much of an issue with the keeper bug... however, as someone said to me in dublin.. 'my sunday is ruined' when they knew what they'd be facing... it's a lot of money to shell out to be angry at something... i can do that for free by talking to the mrs :D
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:50 pm

alkis21 wrote:Calling a game feagure unfair, ridiculous, a snicky trick better players use to thrash others will not help your cause. Can you get 10 guys to agree with you? Then you have a solid basis for a WC vote.

first off, it's my opinion, i believe many were calling lobbing even worse things.

secondly, if you want to send out a mass mail inviting people to agree/disagree, i'm pretty damned sure there's be more that 10... at the moment all we have is a couple of newbies and some long standing members giving their opinions... I wonder how many don't know about the discussion because they don't know about it, some people might be long gone because of this bug and would gladly return, who knows? only one way to find out and that's by letting people know.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Lee W wrote: 'my sunday is ruined' when they knew what they'd be facing... it's a lot of money to shell out to be angry at something...

Yeah, that was me. But that had nothing with the keeper-bug, all with the Jørn-can't-win-bug. I hate that bug...

But I'll still go to the Italian Champs next year and the world cup etc...
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:57 pm

fair enough Jorn, but you know you hate it too, but I fully appreciate your change in position with it... I'm just a bit more grumpy about it i guess as it's new to me and i've found it hard to get my head around
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Lee W wrote:
alkis21 wrote:
first off, it's my opinion, i believe many were calling lobbing even worse things.

True, and they never got far either.

Let me make sure I understand, you want a forum you just joined to send a mass email to all its members because you want to change something about it?

I'll tell you what. Go to 100 forums on the internet (start with, say, the English Amiga Board) and make the same suggestion. If you get ONE of them to do it, I'll personally go door to door to all our members and hand out leaflets.
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:03 pm

sigh

you asked if i could get 10 people to agree, I said that'd be how to do that as not enough lowbies know about the discussion

these snidey comments aren't doing you any favours and just enforcing what people are complaining about
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 pm

In this forum, most of the days, you could not gather 5 votes to see kate upton skipping. We have to live with that too.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO.
dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dndn1011 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 pm

How about you work with the spirit of what Lee is saying instead of immediately rejecting it out of hand with some sarcastic irellevant comparison.

He was asked if he could get 10 people to agree with him. In his answer he was exploring how he might get the message out to members. Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to me, especially as it is likely that 99% (IT'S JUST A GUESS) of the near 2000 registered members of this forum have any awareness of what is going on.

I think it's a very valid question: how can a member of the KOA spread a message among members beyond simply posting in the forum? Do we want this? If we do, under what circumstances? Is it true that 10 members is enough? Enough for what exactly? and so on. If you feel that these questions need answers, you might consider contributing to the constitution thread.
dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dndn1011 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Rodolfo wrote:In this forum, most of the days, you could not gather 5 votes to see kate upton skipping. We have to live with that too.

No we don't. We can do something about it.
thor

Postby thor » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:16 pm

If you propose something, or voice your opinion, expect that people disagree. Don't take it personally when someone disagrees with you. My post is just a summary of how I think of Kick Off 2, the KOA, and all of that.

Now, with regards to the World Cup, it's the World Cup. If you show up to a World Cup, there is a likely chance that someone will be better than you. Since it is the World Cup, players try to win their games. Check out Chris' and my scores from the first World Cups we joined. Gianni beat us both 13-2, I think. My solution to that was to practice, study the game. If you don't like a goal, find out how to defend it. Check out my earlier post about defending narrow angle goals. Check out Dagh's diary. There's a lot of gems in the KOA archives.

I think it is awesome that you (Lee), Luke, and others have joined the KOA. I have found it a welcoming family. When they disagree with you it doesn't mean that they don't like you (I like you). I'm looking forward to seeing you again, and if we play in the World Cup I will do my best to score as many narrow angle goals and BLCs as possible. And I won't ask for permission. :mrgreen:
Fred/Typical
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Lee, may I ask something else that is puzzling me, why are you constantly referring to yourself as a weak player? You won the Silver Cup on your first appearance, did you know that there are WC finalists who started out much worse than you did? You finished above some very good and experienced players, it was not an easy competition. With your obvious passion for the game, I see a quarter final in your near future, at least. You won't be representing the bad players in that argument then. :)