Discussion about bugfixes and enhancements for upcoming World Cups

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

l00k
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Discussion about bugfixes and enhancements for upcoming World Cups

Postby l00k » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 pm

@Thor :D
Kick Off 2 Sensi 0

@lukedearden
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:41 pm

alkis21 wrote:Lee, may I ask something else that is puzzling me, why are you constantly referring to yourself as a weak player? You won the Silver Cup on your first appearance, did you know that there are WC finalists who started out much worse than you did? You finished above some very good and experienced players, it was not an easy competition. With your obvious passion for the game, I see a quarter final in your near future, at least. You won't be representing the bad players in that argument then. :)

mainly luck to win it in all honesty.

I will always, and i do mean always, stick up for the weaker party in any situation... as long as i see they have a point that is
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:50 pm

TheFoxSoft wrote:
Freshmaker wrote: If player 1 plays pbd it doesn't affect player 2 who plays nopbd. Perfect!

That's not exactly true, I need to defend differently when I play against PBDers (95% of total players).
To be honest this is the main reason I abandoned competitions in 2007 (ok, I returned with just for fun factor).
I still think Team A Dribble type chosen is the most balanced and fair option

Gianluca, you should be happy with it: if we would a open poll to decide a single version to use in a world cup, we would have a 95% voting for PBD and 5% for NO PBD. And it would be so from long time. basically we have the PBD/NOPBD selection enable just for you. In your pants I would be honoured.
dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dndn1011 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:52 pm

And me, because as far as I am concerned, PBD is a bug. :D
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:18 am

I'd vote NOPBD, even if I don't currently use it.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
thor

Postby thor » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:19 am

But it's the most amazing, genius bug ever!
Fred/Typical
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:29 am

How can it be a bug, It stands for Penalty Box Dino!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 am

durban wrote:How can it be a bug, It stands for Penalty Box Dino!
:)

A now days bug is easily corrected and a patch is uploaded in few minutes
A 25 years old bug is engraved in the stone, Isn't a bug any more, it is legend!
dndn1011
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby dndn1011 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:41 am

yeh one fracking great legendary bloody albatross, it is.

;)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:37 am

As Gianni once said, even pizza was created due to a bug. :)
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Lee W

Postby Lee W » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:22 pm

thor wrote:If you propose something, or voice your opinion, expect that people disagree. Don't take it personally when someone disagrees with you. My post is just a summary of how I think of Kick Off 2, the KOA, and all of that.

Now, with regards to the World Cup, it's the World Cup. If you show up to a World Cup, there is a likely chance that someone will be better than you. Since it is the World Cup, players try to win their games. Check out Chris' and my scores from the first World Cups we joined. Gianni beat us both 13-2, I think. My solution to that was to practice, study the game. If you don't like a goal, find out how to defend it. Check out my earlier post about defending narrow angle goals. Check out Dagh's diary. There's a lot of gems in the KOA archives.

I think it is awesome that you (Lee), Luke, and others have joined the KOA. I have found it a welcoming family. When they disagree with you it doesn't mean that they don't like you (I like you). I'm looking forward to seeing you again, and if we play in the World Cup I will do my best to score as many narrow angle goals and BLCs as possible. And I won't ask for permission. :mrgreen:

I like you too Thor, really do... and everyone else I met at the WC... I sincerely hope that differing opinions won't change any relationships

for the record though... I didn't actually propose it, I just backed it
Filthy Lobber-Lee Snow; the basterd son of Camber.
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Torchiador wrote:
TheFoxSoft wrote:
Freshmaker wrote: If player 1 plays pbd it doesn't affect player 2 who plays nopbd. Perfect!

That's not exactly true, I need to defend differently when I play against PBDers (95% of total players).
To be honest this is the main reason I abandoned competitions in 2007 (ok, I returned with just for fun factor).
I still think Team A Dribble type chosen is the most balanced and fair option

Gianluca, you should be happy with it: if we would a open poll to decide a single version to use in a world cup, we would have a 95% voting for PBD and 5% for NO PBD. And it would be so from long time. basically we have the PBD/NOPBD selection enable just for you. In your pants I would be honoured.

Gianni my last world cup I was so frustrated to concede the major part of goals in a standard way that I simple cannot score (at least with the same simplicity) due NO PBD i.e.: keepers goes off the bounds, or BLC.
I have nothing against you and other people but please respect my decision of my official retirement.
I already made 2 attempts 2012 / 2014, I had fun with the people but the overall KO2 experience was in my personal view failed due an handicap I had in scoring most of the standard goals. I simple feel not fair and I have not fun (personally speaking, I do not pretend to change rules).

PS: I will instead gladly compete for the upcoming Kick Off Revival World Cup :D