At number 58 it's....... Kick-Off 2!

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Maff

Postby Maff » Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:08 am

Just unearthed a copy of Amiga Power from November 1994 they feature a Readers all time top 100. I discovered our beloved KO 2 only comes in at 58!! WTF!? Sensible is top of the tree then followed by Cannon Fodder. The mags staff top 100 soes'nt even feature KO2 atall?

After flicking thru the rest of the mag there seems to be a lot of stuff connected with Sensible Software in there. Did AP have shares in Sensible or something?

Another interesting bit was their buying guide. Kick-Off 3 gets only 63%. I quote:

"At least they tried to be different: the absence of Dino Dini has also spelt the end of pinbally feel to the series. But! it's all a bit of a mess. The game forces you to use a two-button joystick (otherwise you can't pass accurately) the scrolling is genuinely sickeningly jerky, the graphics and 'feel' are hugely shabby (silence when you score, laughably inapproiate animation, no secons drive recognition and the muddled front end spring easily to mind) and you just wany to be playing 'Wembley International Soccer' fo the whole time your squabbling with it" Reviewed by SM?

Personally i never played KO3 has anyone else? I'm sure as i remember that Wembley International Soccer was a pile of drivel! (it got 85% BTW) Oh yeah Empire Soccer got 90% Eh!! What was wrong with those people????

Steve what happened, did you have anything to do with it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maff on 2002-04-05 15:29 ]</font>
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:16 pm

I seem to remember KO3 or at least I think I did, it was called Euro Challenge or something.

It was actually quite a playable game, but felt more like Matchday 2 than KO2.

It was fun to play but completely different, in a way it was a bit like Goal (ie you played sideways).

M
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Maff

Postby Maff » Mon Apr 08, 2002 1:04 pm

Yeah saw some pics of the game in all it's horizontal glory! Don't remember playing it tho. Speaking of Matchday was'nt Mr Jon Ritman gonna bring out some new footie game on the PC?

I think his company was called Cranberry Source or something??