Page 1 of 2

Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 am
by projectyle
Steve, is it possible to modify "Return to Europe"
with KO CV 1.05 Engine? Final Whistle su**.

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 am
by Steve Camber
Possibly.. I can't remember what's different in Return to Europe. It's been a long time since I saw it.

I would need a lot of free time anyway, and that's something I just don't have right now.

Is there a popular demand for it?

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 am
by alkis21
Steve Camber wrote:Possibly.. I can't remember what's different in Return to Europe. It's been a long time since I saw it.

I would need a lot of free time anyway, and that's something I just don't have right now.

Is there a popular demand for it?


I wouldn't mind it! I'd be particularly interested in having PBD and 'KO2 keepers' as option, as you did with Final Whistle.

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:58 pm
by projectyle
No there isn´t a popular demand for it. It´s just a great game witch you can play solo for hours. I´m lovin it.
But the Final Whistle Engine sucks. So I hope there is option to modify it to KO2 CV.

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:18 pm
by Freshmaker
I'd love this. :)

Demand is rising. ;)

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:20 pm
by Steve Camber
If it's just PBD and KO2 keepers, then that's a reasonable possibility.

As it's the single player you enjoy, then it would probably be easier to recreate that within KO2CV, than to put the KO2CV into RTE.

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:23 pm
by Steve Camber
John Wilson made the necessary modifications to FW. So I guess he may be able to tweak RTE, although I would imagine he also lacks the free time.

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 pm
by Freshmaker
Steve Camber wrote:If it's just PBD and KO2 keepers, then that's a reasonable possibility.

As it's the single player you enjoy, then it would probably be easier to recreate that within KO2CV, than to put the KO2CV into RTE.


Seems more than good enough. :)

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:47 pm
by alkis21
What Jorn said. :)

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 pm
by gdh82
Possibly some new KO2CV action! :) I've never played it so what is it that RTE would add to KO2CV that you fellas want to see?

My mate John B was telling me only recently that he reckons he's still got the RTE original in his attic somewhere, and plans to bring it over sometime.

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 pm
by alkis21
gdh82 wrote:Possibly some new KO2CV action! :) I've never played it so what is it that RTE would add to KO2CV that you fellas want to see?


Better AI! The teams in RtE are much faster and they have more attacking schemes. Furthermore, even if you don't activate offsides they're still there as a 'principle', meaning that your players always try to remain onside so getting the ball to your strikers is not as easy as just kicking the ball deep. Plus, overhead kicks which not everyone likes (I do).

The game is somewhat ruined for me by the lack of PBD and the keeper's behavior, I'd be interested to see how it would evolve after Steve's worked his magic.

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:29 pm
by gdh82
Cheers for that, Alkis. A more challenging AI sounds good. Overhead kicks, although I don't feel strongly for or against, they always looked and felt cool to do!

Re: Return to Europe

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:35 pm
by lolafg
:D A little up for this one , if Steve can't do it , could someone enter in contact with John Wilson who did the really good Final whistle cv version ?
Then when done (if one day) i could contact Stingray for a whdload version....