The KO2CV Wish List: Revisited

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

alkis21

The KO2CV Wish List: Revisited

Postby alkis21 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:34 am

I had this idea that may prove to be useful: I read the entire competition version wish list thread and wrote down some of the ideas that were forgotten or for some other reason never implemented. Perhaps Steve can make use of a few of them, he had already approved of some of them such as the redesign of the subs system. We can also use this thread for new ideas as the old one was getting too big anyway. I took the first step by coming up with the last two suggestions. :)

DONE 1. 75% speed option (Loul)
What makes it especially painful to play the 50% speed is that everything in the game is slowed down including the times when the ball is out of the pitch, the time needed for players to catch the ball, the time before you're able to pick yourr choosen option for kicking the corner kick, the time for an injured player to be on his feet again etc. So what would be great is that the slowing down factor would apply only to times when the ball is effectively in play !

2. KO2 TUTORIAL VERSION (stox)
Where you can decide (or select presetted) situations. by the keyboard you can have 30 different situations: penalty, the 4 corner, 8 different free kick possitions, a central lob situation, a diagonal lob situation with header, a 1vs1 against keeper situation and so on. no timer. some textbox whih explains what you have to do. best if a routine checks if you succeded in making things. much better with points. fantastic with ranking on points to post on the forum!

DONE 3. Double substitution (gdh82)
Is it possible to do a double substition during a match and so reduce the interruptions?

4. Instant substitution (gdh82)
Like the idea of not cycling through - could also press the shirt no. (7=barratt) after pressing F-key ? Keeps the game moving!

DONE 5. Cancel substitution (Noodlebug)
I've another little request, is it possible to make substitution requests reversible? (pressing the same button again calls it off).

6. Passes stat (Gunther)
The highest number of succesfull passes in a row. And of course the average

7. Text edit (Steve1977)
Steve: Would it be possible to edit the text in the top right hand corner? By this I mean the black text that appears to say: "Kick Off Competition Version" and for the world cup it said "World Cup 2006 - Rickmansworth" .

8. Man of them match (Rayge)
After the amazing stats improvement, I think it would be fun to give the name of the man of the match: the guy who played the most , or had the ball in control for longest time.

9. Swap positions during game (TheFoxSoft)
Steve is there a way to swap positions? I already talked about this. I mean if Cox is sentoff i would replace him with Simpson. Is it possible?

DONE 10. KO2CV Menu cursor loop (StarEye)
In KO2CV Options, have the cursor loop, when it's on the last option on the list, have it go back to the top if I go further down.

DONE 11. ESC key to exit player selection screen (Stainy)
How about having `ESC` in the main menu system ? save having to go into a game then exiting.. If we have Esc that would make things a little easier for people who press wrong keys and stuff..

DONE 12. Remove 'Goal Kick' caption earlier (Gunther)
Can you show the clock instead of the word 'Goal kick' as the ball after the goal kick is in the air? Ever idiot knows that a goal kick was taken and it does not need to be shown for several second after that. I would rather use the time that the ball is in the air to see the clock.

DONE 13. Same teams in International Friendlies (dnielsen)
In Int. Friendly games, it should be possible to choose the same nation for both sides.

DONE14. AutoFix & TrapFix manual selection options in KO2CV Menu (alkis21)
Would it be possible to add a couple of more options in the KO2CV Options screen, something like AutoFix Manual Selection
and TrapFix Manual Selection? With these options off by default, the team selection screen will be like in KO2CV1.03. If you turn them on, it will be like KO2CV1.04. I think this would be the best solution because forcing this selection in the beginning of every game for the off chance that some weird people in the future will want to play a mixed game doesn't seem right to me.

15. Disable stats screen in replays (alkis21)
When the final whistle is blown, the stats screen comes up, which is very good. The problem is that if you score a great goal at the end of the game and want to watch/save the replay, it is ruined because the stats screen is still shown.

DONE 16. Disable players falling when pushed (alkis21)
I had this wacky idea that will ever make the game awesome and lead us into a new era of rule fights, or it will be total pants so it will be good for a JFF laugh anyway. I've always wondered what it would be like to play a match where pushing a player did not make the weaker one fall. Can we have an option where the players never fall (unless tackled)?

DONE 17. Correct woodwork count (Torchiador)
I would like that the woodwork count works in the proper way. Now a woodwork is counted even if the ball goes into the net.

DONE 18. Stop keeper from running behind the goal (Freshmaker)
I totally find the "Keeper running behind the goal"-bug so obvious it should certainly be removed from the game. In my experience it's a much more obvious bug then the TrapSlide, and not to say much more silly and therefor irritating to look at and experience. From what I understand this would be an easy fix.

DONE 19. Deny control to floored players (Freshmaker)
Being stuck in control of a floored player - Incredibly frustrating and ludicrous when not playing PIP. Please, have it removed.

DONE 20. Eliminate sub stealing (Freshmaker)
Sub-stealing - Incredibly frustrating and totally unrealistic. Please, have it removed.

DONE 21. Don't allow sent off players to return (Freshmaker)
Extra players returning for the second half. - Incredibly frustrating and totally unrealistic. Please, have it removed.

DONE22. Territory Percentage (Robert)
Percent time ball is in each half

23. Auto pause at full time (Garry)
Allow time to view the end of match stats

24. A quick final score screen for penalty shootout mode(Garry)
it's often unknown who won the penalty shootout.

DONE 25. Rubberbanding (Dagh)
The leading team's speed is reduced by 10% per goal ahead

26. New pitch colours (garry)
Menu option to change the pitch colours to give more varied backgrounds.

27. Instantaneous kick off (Simon)
Would it be possible to remove the routine at the beginning of the second half which lines up the players? Could it be tweaked so that they re-enter the pitch and then go directly to their assigned starting point (depending on if they are taking the kick off or not)?

28. Stealth Mode (many)
Make the crowd and whistle audio much quieter so others nearby are not disturbed.

DONE 29. New names for division teams (Alkis)
Suggestion:
Beard team -> Stender team
Fullarton team -> Paraschis team
Polyrakis team -> Torchio team
Troiano team -> Nielsen team

DONE 30. Decouple the pitch graphics from the associated ball behaviour (Garry)
How difficult would it be to have a CV switch that allows you to play on different pitches whilst retaining the attributes of a normal pitch?

31. Player Manager pause mode (Alkis)
Not terribly important of course, but I'd love it if KO2CV had the gradual smooth-looking pause feature that Player Manager does instead of the instant freeze.

32. Offside rule (TheFoxSoft)
I always been wishing to play KO2 with offside rule to avoid attacker to be unmarked. I think it could be easy to implement with this simple logic:
Goal: avoid attacker to be behind the defenders
Implementation:
Step 1:
Calculate the last defender position.y
Step 2:
offsideline = Max(lastdefender.position.y , ball.position.y)
Step 3:
for each player of team with ball possession:
if (player is not controller by the human) then tactic.y = Min(tactic.y ,offsideline)

33. Pirlo Penalty (Dagh)
A cheeky little chip to fool the keeper.

34. Players fallen over stat (Dan lobberman Secker)
How many times players fell over on each team

DONE 35. Goals angle (alkis21)
It would be great if as in addition to the distance, height and ball speed of a scored goal you could also add the degrees of the angle in relation to the goal. That way we could observe the most and less frequent angles from where goals are scored.

36. Ball constantly gravitates towards the centre (SteveC)
Harder to score :)

37. Animating crowd (SteveC)
They have been static too long

38. Beach ball mode (SteveC)
Everyone knows big balls are fun

39. Lobbing CPU AI (SteveC)
CPU AI could do with becoming a challenge again

DONE 40. Fix outbounds fouls (mmike)
When a player makes foul OUT of the pitch, and refree whistles for freekick, the ball at the end always goes to a team that made foul, because when you try to make a freekick from outer zone, refree whistles again for out.

41. Corner practice mode (Durban)
A 'Corner Practice' Mode like the 'Free Kick' One.

42. Audio mode BOTH (SteveC)
Perfect for output to two computers, or if you dont know which speaker is the working one.

43. Four player team game with left/right split (KOHouse)
An option to split team-play horizontally instead of vertically.

44. Stop teleport back onto pitch when walking off (mmike)
Currently when you run a player off the side of the pitch he teleports back onto it. Introduce an invisible wall instead.

45. Remove the long goalie dives (Gianni)
Allow the keeper to only make short saves, no more flying superman.

46. My way/Your way mode (Thor)
Each player get a half with their APT settings.

47. Referee and linesmen (gianluca)
Extract from 1.7e

48. Crowd reaction to own goal (Freshmaker)
Disappointed rumble

49. Quieter crowd sounds (IanK)
How about making the crowd quieter so I can still hear the thuds of my ball dribbling when someone scores a goal on the neighbouring Amiga?

50. Perform a substitution using the joystick (alkis21)
During a substitution can you make it possible to select the player who will leave the pitch using the joystick and fire button (in addition to the cursor keys)?

51. Useless Keepers just for one team (alkis21)
Can we differentiate the Useless Keepers option per team? I sometimes play against my daughter, and it would be nice if I could have a useless keeper while she keeps the regular one.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: The KO2CV Wish List: Revisited

Postby Steve Camber » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Awesome work Alkis - I had forgotten some of these suggestions. All are possible.

A great starting point when I find myself some free time for KO2CV.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Steve Camber wrote:All are possible.

:gban:
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Great thread Alkis and I think something like this could increase the posts on the forum in the form of a vote...

Howabout each month, one of the above suggestions is voted upon and the winning one is implemented as an option in the game?
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:54 am

Good one Alkis and some superb ideas amongst them! Perhaps it would be handy to include links to the original wishlists in the top post too? Acknowledge that Steve's time is limited but it'd be great to see just a few of them at some point in the future. 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:54 am

Well done, thanks Alkis!
I'm still wondering if it is possible to have the halftime and full time stats displayed in comfortable way... and of course I would like that the woodwork count works in the proper way. Now a woodwork is counted even if the ball goes into the net.
I think that the right way to count a woodwork is : if a woodwork is hit, wait for 4 seconds. if a goal is not scored in those 4 seconds then woodwork=woodwork+1.
thanks!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:21 pm

A wish from Frank, Thorsten, John and me:

- Every time Fisher fumbles the ball into the net, he should change name to Green.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Freshmaker wrote:A wish from Frank, Thorsten, John and me:

- Every time Fisher fumbles the ball into the net, he should change name to Green.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:56 am

Freshmaker wrote:A wish from Frank, Thorsten, John and me:

So that will be every game then?!?
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
KONEY
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby KONEY » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm

My ideas are:

Graphix and useful: Make goalkeeper's color different for team a and b, maybe one all black and one all green, or have one color from the team picked up instead of green. That would make own goals less frequent :D

Graphix but not useful: Make colors of team changable during play, maybe in Pause mode have them cycled with joy up-down for first color and L-R for second?

Comfortable: When selecting a substitute employ joystick + fire like with directional arrows + space.

Nearly forgot:
Changeable ball colors
Make player skin color as in PM (they look like vampires now! :lol: )
Freshmaker

Request for bugfixes

Postby Freshmaker » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:49 am

1 - John raised a very good proposition in the other thread. His proposition can be found here.

I totally find the "Keeper running behind the goal"-bug so obvious it should certainly be removed from the game. In my experience it's a much more obvious bug then the TrapSlide, and not to say much more silly and therefor irritating to look at and experience. From what I understand this would be an easy fix.

2 - being stuck in control of a floored player - Incredibly frustrating and ludacris when not playing PIP. Please, have it removed.

3 - sub-stealing - Incredibly frustrating and totally unrealistic. Please, have it removed.

4 - extra players returning for the second half. - Incredibly frustrating and totally unrealistic. Please, have it removed.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
alkis21

Re: Request for bugfixes

Postby alkis21 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:12 am

Jorn, I merged your post with the main suggestions thread that we use so that Steve can keep track of all the propositions more easily.

Freshmaker wrote:I totally find the "Keeper running behind the goal"-bug so obvious it should certainly be removed from the game. In my experience it's a much more obvious bug then the TrapSlide, and not to say much more silly and therefor irritating to look at and experience. From what I understand this would be an easy fix.

Naturally, I will fight the implementation of this suggestion as anything than a JFF option passionately, as I do with every suggestion that proposes the cancellation of a goal everyone has been scoring for 20 years.

2 - being stuck in control of a floored player - Incredibly frustrating and ludacris when not playing PIP. Please, have it removed.

I suggested this a couple of years ago, I remember that Dagh wrote a very detailed post about why that would be a bad idea but I don't remember where it was. Nevertheless, I'd still be interested in seeing this implemented.

3 - sub-stealing - Incredibly frustrating and totally unrealistic. Please, have it removed.

Yup.

4 - extra players returning for the second half. - Incredibly frustrating and totally unrealistic. Please, have it removed.

Agreed.

Somebody added the word 'DONE' in some of the suggestions in the first post, was it you Steve? :?o: Did I miss a new version? :)
Kostas O

Postby Kostas O » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:54 am

DONE 10. KO2CV Menu cursor loop (StarEye)
Totally NOT done.

17. Correct woodwork count (Torchiador)
Technically not a problem. It says "Woodwork hits"!

19. Deny control to floored players (Freshmaker)
If i'm not terribly wrong this is DONE.

I love the bug when a player runs to go to the toilet when a corner kick is taken!