Sent off Player Returns Rule Discussion

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Re-enforce RED Cards on returning players?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 am

YES
57%
NO
43%

Total votes: 14
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sent off Player Returns Rule Discussion

Postby durban » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 am

Ok a legitimate subject has been brought up regarding a 'tournament' rule suggestion.

Quite often after being sent off a player reappears at half time (I have only seen this with Barber, but presume it happens with other players to)

The question is simple. Should the tournament rules demand that any player who was sent off in the first half should be removed (using the KO2CV pause option menu - simply changing the players stat from 1 to 0) if he returns in the second half?

We could go into lots of detail about Autoslide sendings off, players who stopped a definite goal etc etc, but lets keep this simple.

Should we enforce a rule in the KOA tournaments that asks players to be fair and remove any returning player (regardless of the reason he may have been sent off in the first place!)

Lets keep this civil, there is no reason why this should erupt into a war.

Personally whilst I believe an autoslide red card is harsh, I still believe we should enforce this new rule to keep things simple and fair.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Sent off Player Returns Rule Discussion

Postby Torchiador » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:39 am

Durban, it seems to me a bit early for a KOA war! :)
Anyway I vote for Knut and if F.Zappa comes back on his decision (maybe thinking that he has been too severe) and he says to Barber to come back on the pitch in the second half, I agree with Zappa.
It is happened in the game of shame this year and I liked it!
In my opinion it is one of the bugs that I like in KO2, like goal detection, in other words these bugs give some good argumentations (read: excuses) post game to justify (read: excuses) a defeat!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:53 am

I found the cause of this just before last year's world cup. I did not put a fix in as there was not enough time for proper testing..

The problem is that at the start of the second half, all players line up ready to enter the pitch.. then the referee checks the line of 22 players and prevents the injured and red carded players from playing. That sounds sensible enough, but what the referee didnt spot was that the substitutes were in the line too - it was a line of 26 players ready to come on, and he only checked the first 22 players for injuries and cards. That's how TeamB #10 and #11 play in the second half even though they got red cards in the first half. The referee only notices they have red cards if they do a foul.. and they are sent straight off again!

So... it's a Team B advantage ;)

Does anyone clearly remember a player other than Barber/Curtis coming back on when they shouldn't? If so then there may be another bug to track down! Unless this is all part of the Dino Dini Gameplay®
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 am

LOL @ dinodinigameplay! :lol:
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:09 am

:lol: D :lol: I :lol: N :lol: O :lol:
:lol: D :lol: I :lol: N :lol: I :lol:
:lol: G :lol: A :lol: M :lol: E :lol: P :lol: L :lol: A :lol: Y :lol:
jesper
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby jesper » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 am

:lol:

It's in the name! :D
You cannot avoid the Google [Bot]
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:37 am

I have changed my mind, I like the bug!

I only posted this because a few people brought it up so I thought we could have a poll about it.

Is it only Barber btw?
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:42 am

Barber(10) and Curtis(11) only on Team B as far as I'm aware. TeamA players never return.. unless someone can prove otherwise!
--
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:45 am

I do worry that the mystery and intrigue of KO2 has been lost forever because of Steve C, can we take back his lifetime award please :) :)

Thanks as usual mate, you have certainly made this game 100% more interesting to everyone (I spent hours last night going thru the ref and player stats...its amazing how much detail is actually in this little game)
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:01 am

On further thought.. It may also be Team B subs that are immune.

So basically in theory Team B can have 4 players red carded in the first half, and they all return for the second!! TeamA<TeamB.. damn!
--

hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 am

Difficult, good arguments already. I guess that this bug? is one of these things that make the weaker slightly stronger when they tend to have more desperate tackling and thus more sending offs. I have no opinion about this really, dont care if you leave it as it is or not, so skipping the vote.
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:46 am

One thing I did notice.......

when a player is 'removed' from the pitch he doesnt' dissappear completely he just buggers off about 300 pixels to the left of the pitch!

Can I ask one more question, when you are showing the stats of the players at the start all the players are set to 1

However during the game this number fluctuates (all players on the team have the same number) and can be anything from 1 to 17 etc etc.....

when you press R against a player they are removed and become 0.

So what does the number signify when its not 0, I presumed 1 meant active.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Players do run off to the far left of the pitch. They do not enter a virtual early bath unfortunately! I think there's a bug which continues to show them on the scanner.

The mysterious value you are looking at is this...
The Player Status Search - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12154&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
--