I have created a KO2 tactic in PM intended as a hybrid between 4-2-4 and 5-3-2. The idea is to let both sides of a match enjoy the interesting and familiar play you get when 4-2-4 attacks vs. 5-3-2. It is mostly a proof of concept version. Further discussion and modification can follow if there is interest. It is not meant as a suggestion for World Cup tournaments. It is also not meant to be the most effective tactic imaginable, or the one that leads to the most interesting play imaginable. It is just meant as a tactic that could be interesting in itself when used by both sides of a match.
0) The tactic is placed in an *.adf file and can be used with a normal version of KO2 in WinUAE. The name of this file is Burnley.adf, and this file is in effect a PM save disk.
1) I created the tactic by starting with 5-3-2. Then I changed the position of players 7, 9, 10, 11 to the position they have in 4-2-4.
2) I have generally aimed for good precision in the changing of position, but it is not pixel perfect in all cases.
3) I have left the offensive corner-kick positions unchanged.
4) In the middle most forward rectangle (the opponent's penalty area), I have also changed the position of nr. 8 to that of 4-2-4.
5) The tactic is called "Hybrid" on the PM save disk.
6) The PM save disk is originally from Alkis. I am not familiar with its other content.
7) The tactic cannot be loaded in the current KO2CV (since the current KO2CV doesn't allow loading of tactics). Instead, you can try out the tactic in WinUAE by using a normal *.adf version of KO2, and possibly also in some older versions of KO2CV.
8 ) The tactic can also be loaded and edited in Player Manager in WinUAE.
a) Install WinUAE.
b) Download normal version of KO2 from http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?sect ... 257&page=k
c) Download tactic file.
d) Start up KO2 in WinUAE, go into KO2 in-game options, load tactic into KO2.
The download link for the tactic:
Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests