Page 2 of 4

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:02 pm
by Steve Camber
$899e

This is in the "player taking a throw-in" function..

viewtopic.php?p=208744#p208744

I left it untouched in the spirit of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" as amiga crashing while taking throwins has not been a problem.

Possibly the funniest KOA post ever :
viewtopic.php?p=208746#p208746

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:04 pm
by StingRay
MJB wrote:Hey StingRay! Welcome to the KOA.

Just to confirm then, did PB dribble originate in Player Manager?


I am absolutely not the right person to answer that as I have no idea. :) There are many people here who probably know much more about that bug/feature than me as I didn't even know it existed until a few days ago. ;)

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:09 pm
by StingRay
Steve Camber wrote:$899e

This is in the "player taking a throw-in" function..

viewtopic.php?p=208744#p208744

I left it untouched in the spirit of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" as amiga crashing while taking throwins has not been a problem.


Thanks for the info, Steve! :) So I guessed right that this checksum check isn't executed very often.

Steve Camber wrote:Possibly the funniest KOA post ever :
viewtopic.php?p=208746#p208746


Yes I saw that one already and it made me chuckle quite a bit. ;P

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 am
by lolafg
:D StingRay did it : Cups ,data and REPLAYS can now be saved !!!

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:07 am
by Stainy
Onto virtual hardisk ?

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:07 pm
by StingRay
Stainy wrote:Onto virtual hardisk ?


Yep. Well, virtual data disk rather. ;D

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:13 pm
by gdh82
lolafg wrote::D StingRay did it : Cups ,data and REPLAYS can now be saved !!!


Sounds quite a breakthrough! 8)

I might be making 5 from 2+2 but with the increased storage of a hard-drive, might this make full-match replays more of a possibility ?

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:02 pm
by StingRay
gdh82 wrote:Sounds quite a breakthrough! 8)

I might be making 5 from 2+2 but with the increased storage of a hard-drive, might this make full-match replays more of a possibility ?


I just redirected the saves to a virtual data disk on the HD thus the length of the replays that can be saved is still the same as in the original game. Full-Match replays would require quite a bit of changes in the game code.

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 pm
by gdh82
StingRay wrote:
gdh82 wrote:Sounds quite a breakthrough! 8)

I might be making 5 from 2+2 but with the increased storage of a hard-drive, might this make full-match replays more of a possibility ?


I just redirected the saves to a virtual data disk on the HD thus the length of the replays that can be saved is still the same as in the original game. Full-Match replays would require quite a bit of changes in the game code.



I see. Thanks. Just to pass on, you may or may not know that version 0.94 in the KO2 Competition Version (KO2CV) Index includes some tweaks affecting the saving of replays between matches.

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:30 pm
by Binary
Steve Camber wrote:Possibly the funniest KOA post ever :
viewtopic.php?p=208746#p208746


And, unsurprisingly, I'm in that post's quotes! ;-)

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:30 pm
by lolafg
:D StingRay has done a big work in whd installs for Kic Off 2 , Ko2 CV and a lot of others versions are now supported , all is working really fine , saves for cup or replays ,tactics can be loaded (wining tactics or data made with Player manager) !!

A BIG THANK to StingRay for his work wich enjoy KO2 fans !!

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:32 am
by alkis21
OH MY GOD I've never seen this thread before!!! I will finally be able to play KO2CV from my hard disk! Where on Earth is the install? It's not in the WHDLoad web page. I'm off to EAB to ask.

Re: WHDLOAD Kick Off 2 CV 1.01

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 pm
by alkis21
I'm ecstatic, people! It feels like I've been waiting for an HD version of Kick Off 2 all my life. Since 1993, to be exact, when I bought my Amiga hard disk which I still own! And now not only do I have regular KO2 in my hard disk, but the competition version itself! One click and a few seconds is all it takes to load!

And as if this wasn't enough, the same guy worked on a Player Manager install patch as well. I'm off to test it!