Where Can I Buy an Amiga CMS Joystick (Greek Stick)?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Logos

Where Can I Buy an Amiga CMS Joystick (Greek Stick)?

Postby Logos » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:48 am

Hi all,

I need to buy the Amiga 9-pin CMS joystick (Greek Stick) for the upcoming March 7 London International.

I searched the web but could only find PC versions,(which I already have). I also sent an email to the company that makes them, but I'm still waiting for a reply. So I'm left with the following questions:

1) Where I can order one from?

2) Does anyone have a Greek Stick for sale, (used or new)?
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Re: Where Can I Buy an Amiga CMS Joystick (Greek Stick)?

Postby Steve1977 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:27 pm

These are not Greeksticks but they'r perfectly adequate and depending on the type of player you are, possibly superiour.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Competition-Pro-type-retro-joystick_W0QQitemZ370160077808QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VintageComputing_RL?hash=item370160077808&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

This seems like a genuine (i.e. old) joystick that might suit ya.

Also...

Zipstick 1

Zipstick 2

Zipstick 3
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Comp Pro and Zipstick are no competitor for the CMS stick. I used to be a devout Zipstick user but when I changed to CMS my game improved considerably. But obviously, a less good joystick is better than no joystick!
Logos

Postby Logos » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:37 am

Thanks for the info and advice Steve and Bounty Bob. :)

However, I have the pc version of the CMS stick and love it. I've tried the Comp Pro stick, but as Bounty Bob said the CMS is superior as it's highly responsive and very tactile allowing for swift and subtle movements.

Fortunately, someone has been kind enough to send me the Amiga version. :D So, as soon as I receive it I'll use it to train for the March 7 London International.
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:17 pm

I would like to try someone's CMS Joystick at London, please, to decide whether I should eventually buy one. I'm normally a "stick-on-left-hand, buttons-on-right-hand" guy (no pun intended) so I'm not sure I will adapt to it.
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 pm

I don't know where you can get it, but I can tell you how I got mine:

At first I contacted CMS directly and didn't get any answer. Then I contacted the online resellers (links on the cms page), the only one that responded was the 'PC Store'. I ordered five Joysticks and received an email where they told me that I'd have to pay 68€ (!!!) for shipping. I told them to piss off and sent my Athens buddy Angelos to get them for me. His sister Eirini (my girlfriends sister in law) who was visiting her sick mother brought them over by plane. Unfortunately those where gameport models (15 Pin), I think because the PC Store didn't really know about 9 Pin connectors. Three days of research and an hour of soldering later I got my brandnew CMS 9 Pin 4 Button joystick :mrgreen:

Is it better than my old Comp Pro? I would say yes, tried it in a couple of friendlies yesterday and was quite satisfied with the outcome. I didn't play any better but due to the shorter stick reaction ways are also shorter and less power is needed for movement. I'm quite sure, with a little more practise it will help me to improve, at least a little.