Kick Off 2 The Heat Is On! video

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

dnielsen

Re: Kick Off 2 The Heat Is On! video

Postby dnielsen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:15 pm

durban wrote:Can I aksk the best way to put these together?

I mean admittedly I have only scored 2 goals this year, but I would still like to replay them :)

The best I can offer are the brief hints I gave here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14916
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:48 pm

gdh82 wrote:
dnielsen wrote:I put a little more effort into editing this time. It's a compilation of replays with Kick Off 2 goals. Please enjoy :)

Like Stevio Spielberg borrowed so brilliantly from Aliens for the Athens promo, this is also a new chapter of KO2 videos with the merging of a music video with KO2 action! Like the clever way the guy in the video ends up watching KO2 clips just like us, and the perfect synch-ing of the first goal (played twice) with the music really sets the video off for me 8). Love the 'woo' accompanying the goal at 1:01 too (deliberate or happy accident?). Fave goals 1.10 (great dribble), 2.06 (nice trap pass) and 3.16 (short pass approach play!), fave shoulder barge 1:58 :lol: and most disliked goal 3:44 (walk of shame with suitably evil laugh :evil: )

One of the best things about these KO2 videos - as Steve said yesterday, it makes you wanna play KO2! :D Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the nice words and feedback! I was really happy that the song I had chosen came along with such a fitting music video start. Besides the first goal, I didn't do much editing, and the 'woo' at 1:01 was indeed just a happy accident. I think your "Lob Story" RELAX video sets the standard for KO2 editing! I really enjoyed watching that video, even if I hate Rayge's lobs with a passion :lol:.

I read an interesting comment somewhere a few days ago, where people were commenting on Kick Off 2 and Sensible Soccer. Some guy recalled how the older lads back then considered SS utter filth. And, that, after having seen one of the YouTube KO2 videos, he could now see how KO2 seemed to offer more variety in the scoring methods than SS.

When putting together these videos, I have tried to pick goals that are remarkable for one reason or another. Then, when I look at these videos (and all the other KO2 videos) afterwards, one of the happy sensations I have is that in almost every goal or ball handling, I feel there is a little story to be told about the depth of KO2. Indeed, inspiring people to play and enjoy KO2 with a renewed enthusiasm is the biggest accomplishment I could hope for with these videos!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks for your kind words too! :) The Lob Story was my first and only KO2 video and had a real laugh putting it together. I've done loads of short clips about various bugs since of course. I'd like to do more KO2 videos but don't have a good way of recording clips now I use the amiga (as opposed to winuae). My digital camera is too poor quality.

dnielsen wrote:When putting together these videos, I have tried to pick goals that are remarkable for one reason or another. Then, when I look at these videos (and all the other KO2 videos) afterwards, one of the happy sensations I have is that in almost every goal or ball handling, I feel there is a little story to be told about the depth of KO2. Indeed, inspiring people to play and enjoy KO2 with a renewed enthusiasm is the biggest accomplishment I could hope for with these videos!

Completely agree about how all of our videos reveal yet more aspects of the depth of KO2 gameplay. 8) The great game is surely a work of art, enigmatically revealing mysteries all these years later and still open to interpretation on multiple levels!!!! :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:04 am

I just watched this clip at youtube. Im with Alkis here, many of the goals and the moves before the ball is in the net, is pure quality. The fact that you have been isolated from playing other strong players makes this clip even more impressive.
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...