Get your "Amiga joystick to PC adapter" here!

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

dnielsen

Get your "Amiga joystick to PC adapter" here!

Postby dnielsen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Just a public announcement of a sort. After lots of searching, and help from Rayge, I finally found an adapter that was currently up for sale:

http://www.raphnetshop.com/products/atari2usb/

I bought this adapter, and it seems to work fine for me. I also bought two old and presumably identical Amiga joysticks on Ebay. However, only one of these is "alive" when I connect it via the adapter. I think this is a joystick failure, but I hope to test the joystick also directly on an Amiga.

The adapter is not as expensive as the Stelladaptor:

http://www.atariage.com/store/product_i ... cts_id=267

But maybe also less solid. The problem with the Stelladaptor is that it is currently sold out :-) They are also pretty hard to come by at Ebay, and there will be bidding wars on them and they will sell for a bigger price than a new one.

Bottom line, there now is an easy and pretty cheap way to play Kick Off 2 on your PC with your favourite authentic Amiga joystick.
alkis21

Re: Get your "Amiga joystick to PC adapter" here!

Postby alkis21 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Thanks for the tip. Personally, I use this one which gives me the opportunity to connect two Amiga joysticks to my PC for only 10 Euros.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
dnielsen

Re: Get your "Amiga joystick to PC adapter" here!

Postby dnielsen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:15 am

alkis21 wrote:Thanks for the tip. Personally, I use this one which gives me the opportunity to connect two Amiga joysticks to my PC for only 10 Euros.

Yes, I forgot to point this out above. The adapter I bought is an adapter to the USB port, while this adapter you link to is for the printer port (new computers seem to only have USB ports these days). But you could buy also a printer to usb adapter...