What are the words of the fan shouting?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

dnielsen

What are the words of the fan shouting?

Postby dnielsen » Thu May 29, 2008 6:06 pm

When I played Kick Off 2 back in the 20th century, I always felt like the fans were shouting "Milaaan, Milaaan, Milaaan!".

I also thought Dino Dini and Anco were Italian (can the words be more Italian-like?), so it only seemed logical that they would use an Italian sample.

Anyway, what do you think they shout? Is there any knowledge left of what was really sampled, if anything?

Also, by the way, Milan was a really, really strong team back then, with van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Baresi, etc. I'll never forget how they crushed Barcelona 4-0, it seemed totally unreal that the second best team in the world could be outclassed in that way. But, Cruyff did put Laudrup on the bench... But, and this is funny: I also saw a game between Milan and Juventus where Laudrup did play. Milan won 4-1, in another just as incredible exhibition of superiority... Those were the good old days where also Maradona and Careca were demonstrating what cocain and the biggest talent ever on the football pitch could accomplish. Ahh, sweet memories. I will never forget some of the incredible things that Maradona was doing, starting 13.30 on Sundays. A header from 25 meters, or that insane lob where he has to turn almost 180 degrees while hitting the ball.

Discuss! :-)
alkis21

Re: What are the words of the fan shouting?

Postby alkis21 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Which shouts are you referring to exactly? I assume not the "Ole, Ole" so you must mean the corner kicks in Final Whistle?

The fans are shouting "Come on Palace, come on Palace, come on Palace, come on". Dino never cared much about football (difficult as this is to believe) but Steve Screech is a Crystal Palace fan.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Thu May 29, 2008 6:40 pm

alkis21 wrote:Which shouts are you referring to exactly? I assume not the "Ole, Ole" so you must mean the corner kicks in Final Whistle?

Hmm...

dnielsen wrote:When I played Kick Off 2 back in the 20th century, ...

There is only one kind of shouts in the normal version of Kick Off 2, I believe :D
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Now I'm confused. There are no shouts in the standard KO2 version apart from the boos after a foul and the cheers after a goal, and I don't think any of them has words!
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Thu May 29, 2008 9:26 pm

alkis21 wrote:Now I'm confused. There are no shouts in the standard KO2 version apart from the boos after a foul and the cheers after a goal, and I don't think any of them has words!

Hehe, yeah, exactly, I'm talking about the shout after goals and when they run into the pitch. I am positive it must be "milaaan, milaaan, milaaan"! Listen very carefully :lol: :lol: :lol: