Final Whistle Competition Version Wishlist

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

lolafg
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby lolafg » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:19 am

:P Hello , why don't try to add the rule of backpass to the goalkeeper...would it be to hard?

Thanks for FWCV , it is very good!!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:10 pm

lolafg wrote:Thanks for FWCV , it is very good!!

...thanks - but don't try to do a flick though, the game may crash!!

I've justed posted a fix though in version 0.0.2 - please download it to avoid the flick problem.

Steve's done a version of the backpass rule in KO2CV which I could port to the FW-CV. I think it needs an extra modification though - currently if the keeper receives a backpass he can't touch the ball at all, not even with his feet. I'm sure this could be added to both versions at some point though.
lolafg
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby lolafg » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:03 pm

:P Ok very good new !!!
I am going to try your new one....thanks a lot !!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:07 pm

John Wilson wrote:currently if the keeper receives a backpass he can't touch the ball at all, not even with his feet. I'm sure this could be added to both versions at some point though.

I think it would be simple enough to make the keeper kick the ball instead of picking it up, so expect that to happen eventually. It is very funny how it works now though with the comedy own goals :)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Steve Camber wrote:It is very funny how it works now though with the comedy own goals

...indeed, particularly hilarious is the "NOOOOOoooooo" emitted by your opponent at almost the precise instant he has passed the ball back and realised Fisher is about to watch the ball roll through his legs and into the net :lol:
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:19 pm

there's a big problem with FWCV, if I select "computer only" then it's impossible to select PBD so it's impossible to have a game!
Is it possible to fix it? There're few PM fans that really need the "computer only" game on FW to test new tactics
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:34 am

filippodb wrote:if I select "computer only" then it's impossible to select PBD so it's impossible to have a game!
Is it possible to fix it?

...forgive me for not play-testing that one :lol:

This should be a straight forward fix - I'll remove the PBD option completely for computer only games. I'll fix this along with the 2nd PIP no aftertouch bug and release another version soon.
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:54 am

Hey John.... firstly... great work here :)

I did mention it to Camber.. but back in the day I used to play 3 player games with mates... and the 2nd and 3rd player ( never had aftertouch for one thing ) but they would be felled at almost every challenge.... really annoying... just wondering if thats an easy thing to look at .. as your looking at 2nd player PIP :)

Keep it up!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:48 am

I've seen no reason for the assistant player to be weaker. Most likely the chosen player was a lightweight!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:45 pm

No I agree I remember that P2 etc was always really weak, much like in KO2 before the Camber versions.

But it seemed to be more obvious in FW players used to get flattened all over the show, but its probably just the same 'stat' that meant Team B was weak in original KO2
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Steve Camber wrote:I've seen no reason for the assistant player to be weaker. Most likely the chosen player was a lightweight!

Just been eyeballing the code and came to a similar conclusion.

However, here's an interesting FW fact that I've found in the aftertouch code - it seems Dino defeated the possibility of the KO Lob by reducing the potency of Z-Axis (vertical) aftertouch by 20%.....
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:06 pm

John Wilson wrote:
However, here's an interesting FW fact that I've found in the aftertouch code - it seems Dino defeated the possibility of the KO Lob by reducing the potency of Z-Axis (vertical) aftertouch by 20%.....

OMG!!!!! you have anticipated my by a while!!! I wanted to tell the same thing!!!!
Yesterday, trying a bit the FWCV I felt that the aftertouch was reduced, I thought that the aftertouch input is good just for 15 frames instead of 25 frames as the normal KO2. but I can clearly say that aftertouch is even more reduced in penalty box: it is close to impossible to make the banana shots (parallel aftertouch shots) and aftertouch cross as I usually do playing ko2.
Besides this one, I think that I have understood the biggest problem of the double tactics.
It is a problem of misunderstanding of the code due the ball possession:
If you run with the ball, the double tactic is good and watching the scanner, all seems good, every time you cross the ‘switch line’ of the tactics all the player run correctly on the right position.
The problem is this one: when you kick the ball (it doesn’t care if it is a ground ball pass of a longbow pass), you loose the ball possession and KO2 Code interpreters this one as a “change ball possession so the tactic goes in defensive mode and all the player run back.
You can easily watch and understand it on the scanner: use the flick chip in practice mode, you can see that every time you make a flick chip, when the ball leave from the feet you can see all the players on the pitch running back.
It is clearly a stupid thing, because you can’t pass trough your wings and your forward, every time you try, they run back.
I don’t know if my explanations is clear or not, if you like I can try to make a video to explain the problem.

Defensive mode of double tactic is just only when the opponent has got ball possession!
Do you think you can solve this big matter?
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:08 pm

BTW, seems that aftertouch is disable with PBD ON and you are in PBD zone