Final Whistle Competition Version Wishlist

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:33 pm

You can get rid of that annoying sound effect on loading if you like!

:evil: :evil:

Also make the linesmans flag the relevant colour when giving a throw in maybe?

Bastard keeper mode [on]
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Stainy wrote:Bastard keeper mode [on]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Incidently, whats wrong with the offside mode?

I seem to recall it was ok, but that there was something blatantly wrong but can't recall what it was....something like you were only offside if you received the ball in an offside position and not when the ball was kicked or something silly.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:14 pm

Yep, think that's how I remember the offside working. This was probably about 15 years ago though, last time I was caught offside ;)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:16 pm

durban wrote:Incidently, whats wrong with the offside mode?

I seem to recall it was ok, but that there was something blatantly wrong but can't recall what it was....something like you were only offside if you received the ball in an offside position and not when the ball was kicked or something silly.
Isn't that more or less how offside should work today? Dino was just ahead of his time.
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:54 pm

well I remember on been caught offside on my half and that was little too much for me! :lol:
Also annoying offside bugs occourred, I have to play few games to get them listed.

Anyway from the own admission of dino (I've his interview) the offside wasn't working perfectly and IIRC Goal! had this feature removed so I believe fixing it will be a tough challenge
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:

Isn't that more or less how offside should work today? Dino was just ahead of his time.

Erm no, Offside is decided at the point the ball is passed, not the point the ball is received for obvious reasons :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:18 pm

hey Bob are you really ranked #1 in the world at Galaga on Xbox? Thats quite impressive.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:18 pm

Wow and #1 at Sonic AND Track and Field AND Golden Axe AND Pacman AND Frogger AND DigDug AND defender AND Contra and RootBeer Tapper AND Gauntlet AND Scramble AND Time Pilot AND New Rally X AND Heavy Weapon AND moto GP 06 AND ms PacMAN and Blazing Angels and FIFA World Cup AND NHL 2K6 AND NBA Live 06 AND Fight Night 3 AND Madden 06 AND Crystal Quest AND NFS Most WAnted AND CAll of Duty 2 AND King Kong ffs :) Legend!!!!

HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ON YOUR HANDS!!!

ARE YOU HERO NAKAMURA??????

FFS!!!!!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:51 pm

durban wrote:Wow and #1 at Sonic AND Track and Field AND Golden Axe AND Pacman AND Frogger AND DigDug AND defender AND Contra and RootBeer Tapper AND Gauntlet AND Scramble AND Time Pilot AND New Rally X AND Heavy Weapon AND moto GP 06 AND ms PacMAN and Blazing Angels and FIFA World Cup AND NHL 2K6 AND NBA Live 06 AND Fight Night 3 AND Madden 06 AND Crystal Quest AND NFS Most WAnted AND CAll of Duty 2 AND King Kong ffs :) Legend!!!!

HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ON YOUR HANDS!!!

ARE YOU HERO NAKAMURA??????

FFS!!!!!
Hmmm, I think you're somehow getting confused. I have been number 1 on the Galaga, Pacman and Frogger leaderboards but slipped down as I played less and people improved their scores.

Where you getting the number 1 bit from? You seem to be listing games that I have all the achievements for but that is something different. :)
Last edited by Bounty Bob on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 pm

durban wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote:

Erm no, Offside is decided at the point the ball is passed, not the point the ball is received for obvious reasons :)
The decision is made at that point but the ref won't blow if the player isn't interfering will he? For instance, if a defender gets the ball and starts playing it out a free kick will not be given against the offside player.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 am

Yes but in FW if you play the ball and the guy is WELL onside but Camber moves all his defenders towards the centre spot then when Barber pickcs the ball up the FW ref blows OFFSIDE!!!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:45 am

durban wrote:Yes but in FW if you play the ball and the guy is WELL onside but Camber moves all his defenders towards the centre spot then when Barber pickcs the ball up the FW ref blows OFFSIDE!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: