Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.2.1 Released 03-04-08

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.1.1 Released 12-03-08

Postby John Wilson » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Torchiador wrote:
John Wilson wrote:(now have 2.1 working by the way :D and added features like the unintended slide fix, pitch walls and untouchable backpass fix option)

Is it the April fool's trick? :D please link the file!

...I was going to add some stats etc. but I'll link the latest version before the end of the week.

Semtex wrote:Wow!!! Haven't looked here for months and all this!!!! amazing work!!! I'll have to get me miggy back from Noodles...

Thanks! I was just going to add a few tweaks originally but it's kind of got out of hand after Gianni suggested a tactics modification - it really makes a difference to how the game 'feels'. Add the KO2 'keepers and I'm really pleased with the way this is turning out :)

Semtex wrote:On this free kick business... interesting idea but I think the bar would move too quickly for me to do anything anyway :lol:

But... can you confirm, as I always felt it worked, that pressing joystick forward after freekick forces the ball down? ie you can arc the ball over the wall as well as bend it sideways... Probably my imagination but I believed that if you could get the ball to bounce in front of the keeper it was a guaranteed goal as he just watched it bounce and then the ball goes into the net by his side. if it stays in the air the keeper will dive... this is KO as well as FW.

...indeed. From my experience a downward looping FK that bounces in front of Fisher (with a bit of swerve for good measure) is far more effective than a rocket into the top corner :?
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.1.1 Released 12-03-08

Postby John Wilson » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:03 pm

Torchiador wrote:Is it the April fool's trick? :D please link the file!

...0.2.1 released @ http://www.jonw.f2s.com/KO2

New Features As Follows:
  • Now based on Final Whistle 2.1. The only difference I can see is the fix for showing tactics formations on the squadlist screen
  • Option for an 'Untouchable Backpass Fix'
  • Option for KO2CV 'Stop the Slide' fix
  • Pitch Walls
  • Re-organised the menus - first menu progressive features, second personal taste and JFF - and added a single 'Progressive Settings' option.
I have added the Progressive Settings option for easy access to new features that give gameplay that feels considerably different to FW (optmistic tactics and 'keepers) and also what I would consider genuine bug fixes. These are my own preferred settings - I am open to suggestions as to what should or shouldn't be in there.

...enjoy :)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.2.1 Released 03-04-08

Postby Torchiador » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm

thank you very much!
It is time to reinstall my caweasel PCI drivers... I have to burn a floppy disk!
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Torchiador wrote:thank you very much!
It is time to reinstall my caweasel PCI drivers... I have to burn a floppy disk!

Yeah :roll: good luck with that :( mt CW is not playing ball with my PC again :( it was working fine.. then I had blue/screen/reboots all of a sudden.. took the card out.. pc is fine...

bugger!!

still good news on the FWCV front :) well done John :D :D
samo79
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby samo79 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:05 pm

Le mele a volte possono essere devastate dal colpo feroce di una tempesta, ma il tenero fascio del sole potrà sempre far sviluppare dei nuovi frutti
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Stainy wrote:
Torchiador wrote:thank you very much!

Yeah :roll: good luck with that :( mt CW is not playing ball with my PC again :( it was working fine.. then I had blue/screen/reboots all of a sudden.. took the card out.. pc is fine...

bugger!!

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:22 pm

No blue screen with my Catweasel drivers... and I tested the new Final Whistle version!

First of all, John, thanks again for this great work, I think that you are going on the way of the best KO2 experience we can have!
I had a good feeling playng this version, finally the players don't come back when you kick the ball!! So now it is possible to build kick pass as we can do in KO2_1.4
I really like overhead kicks but now, playng hard with this version I found really annoyng the flick kicks because they give you some trouble when you want to make some quick pass so you make unintended flick instead of a quick pass.
So, please, if you can, add a progressive setting "under" the flick selection to disable it but preserving eneabled overhead kicks.
IMHO if we want have the best feeling we need 2 things: 1.4 international teams and 1.4 tactics.
Besides this, also chip kick (chip just moving the joy forward and back, without pressing the fire button) is not so good in this version, I really prefer the normal 1.4 chip.
Hope that my testing and my impressions may help you.
thanks again!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:19 pm

Torchiador wrote:No blue screen with my Catweasel drivers... and I tested the new Final Whistle version!

First of all, John, thanks again for this great work, I think that you are going on the way of the best KO2 experience we can have!
I had a good feeling playng this version, finally the players don't come back when you kick the ball!! So now it is possible to build kick pass as we can do in KO2_1.4
I really like overhead kicks but now, playng hard with this version I found really annoyng the flick kicks because they give you some trouble when you want to make some quick pass so you make unintended flick instead of a quick pass.
So, please, if you can, add a progressive setting "under" the flick selection to disable it but preserving eneabled overhead kicks.
IMHO if we want have the best feeling we need 2 things: 1.4 international teams and 1.4 tactics.
Besides this, also chip kick (chip just moving the joy forward and back, without pressing the fire button) is not so good in this version, I really prefer the normal 1.4 chip.
Hope that my testing and my impressions may help you.
thanks again!

Been a bit busy recently and I've somehow missed this post :oops:

Thanks for the excellent feedback Gianni and I'm glad you enjoyed playing the game :D . I really value feedback from an immensely knowledgeable player such as yourself.

You have some excellent suggestions - here's a summary of what I could do in the short term:

• The independent settings for flick and overhead kick will be easy - I will do this in the next version.
  • I personally prefer the flatter FW chip as I think it's a bit more realistic but I'm sure adding an option for '1.4 Chips' would be easy so I'll put an option in the next release.
  • Adding 1.4 International teams is definitely something I want to do but it may be tricky. I'll work on this after the next release.
  • I'm not sure about the tactics. I'd like to look at importing the Winning Tactics tactics as from what I've been told these are far superior. If I add the 1.4 tactics without modification, you will lose the attacking / defensive modes. This is one of my favourite FW features - the deeper defending tactics mean 'offside' goals are less likely and they open up the midfield to allow an attacker to run at a defense.
    I'll have a look at this after I've done the other features here - if I do this the end result will be more like KO2CV-1.6 though. I know this will suit you as it is your favourite version :)

I'll be a bit busy over the next few weeks (a combination of work :roll: and preperation for the UKCs :) ) so it may be a month or so before I release anything new.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm

and preperation for the UKCs

:) :)
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Bursk
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Bursk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:13 pm

I don't know if anyone else has requested this, but would it be possible to include an option to turn off the 'orgasm' sound that occurs when a player is tackled? I know modern-day footballers like their orgies, but the noise is more than a little distracting.
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby John Wilson » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Bursk wrote:I don't know if anyone else has requested this, but would it be possible to include an option to turn off the 'orgasm' sound that occurs when a player is tackled? I know modern-day footballers like their orgies, but the noise is more than a little distracting.

...nobody else has requested this and I don't mind this sound effect personally.

However, I may add this simply so there's a 'Disable Orgasm' option in the FWCV menus :lol:
Bursk
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Bursk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Please do! It's great that the players enjoy their football; I just wish they'd be a little less vocal about it.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi John, You’re right, I really like 1.6!
About old tactics, I can say that I prefer those ones because they give you enough room to play and enjoy the game.
With FW’s double tactics, it is sad to say it, but, it is unplayable even with the great fix you made on double tactics. All the great things that are possible to do with KO2 are cancelled. After few games we stopped to play because matches ended with the score 0-0 or 1-0.
Great confusion in midfield and it is impossible to use your skills because defenders are too much strong comparing attackers and if you try to dribble defender you loose the ball every time.
I don’t know if international teams could give help on this situation, because it seems to me that double tactics are so covered that you can do nothing, even if you are playing against a newbie.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I believe that one of the greatest and beautiful things in KO2 are the several ways you can score in KO2. I mean the flexibility of the gameplay applied to the spaciousness that KO2 tactics give you. Without this spaciousness, it is a continuous loosing ball without to score a single goal. In this way FW become a boring. In my opinion this is one of the reasons because FW isn’t survived. Fortunately now there is you and now FW could hope in his own resurrection!