Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.2.1 Released 03-04-08

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4304
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Concord,NC, USA
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby Stainy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:21 pm

Excellent stuff John :) well pleased!!
I`m not sure of the bugs fixed.. I`m thinking we`ll never know what was fixed with each version increase! :( which is a shame!


Keep up the good work :wink: oh and nudge Camber on PMEV :)
Image
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby John Wilson » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Stainy wrote:oh and nudge Camber on PMEV :)

...I can't even get him to give me a game at the moment! Some excuse about having to work for a living :lol:
User avatar
Davetoast
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6568
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Cheshire, GB

Re:

Postby Davetoast » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 am

John Wilson wrote:I've just posted FW-CV 0.0.3 @ http://www.jonw.f2s.com/KO2

Changes are:
  • Fixed that stupid 'Stuck in PBD Selection' bug when selecting a computer only game (thanks for the feedback Filipo).
  • Added Camber's fix for aftertouch for 2nd/3rd/4th PIP
  • Torchio Tactics! As suggested by Gianni I've put an option in to stop your team switching to their defensive formation when you kick or head the ball. This was most noticeable when trying to play a long through ball and when I tried it, even on corners.
    When testing this I was really surprised at how much easier it is to move the ball forward, especially up the wings with 4-2-4.

    It is independently selectable for each team.

...enjoy :)

Hi John,

Regarding the formation switching, I seem to remember Steve S saying a long time ago that the default tactics for FW were a bit bodged together in that the defensive/attacking switch wasn't given too much consideration. They were able to give the formations on the Winning Tactics disk more thought and so better integrate the switching into the over all tactical picture.

Any way we can work these into the options as they offer all sorts of completely different ways of playing the game. Some of them are a bit of a joke tbh but some of them are polished and really cool to play with. I always played with Longball which is a very attacking 4-4-2/4-2-4 but Spread was cool too as it was a 4-3-3 with fairly wide wingers and midfielders with the number 9 running things in the middle and the striker ploughing a lone (uncluttered) furrow up front. Swingers and Overlap had the fullbacks overlapping the wingers, Lockout had 12 men behind the ball at all times, etc.
Final Whistle Crusader and President of The FWA.
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby John Wilson » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:09 am

Davetoast wrote:Regarding the formation switching, I seem to remember Steve S saying a long time ago that the default tactics for FW were a bit bodged together in that the defensive/attacking switch wasn't given too much consideration. They were able to give the formations on the Winning Tactics disk more thought and so better integrate the switching into the over all tactical picture.

Any way we can work these into the options as they offer all sorts of completely different ways of playing the game. Some of them are a bit of a joke tbh but some of them are polished and really cool to play with. I always played with Longball which is a very attacking 4-4-2/4-2-4 but Spread was cool too as it was a 4-3-3 with fairly wide wingers and midfielders with the number 9 running things in the middle and the striker ploughing a lone (uncluttered) furrow up front. Swingers and Overlap had the fullbacks overlapping the wingers, Lockout had 12 men behind the ball at all times, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

...I never had Winning Tactics but it definitely sounds like something I should be looking at. it may be possible to get at least some of the tactics integrated into the FW disk.
lolafg
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:11 am

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby lolafg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Hello ,
i was playing kick off 2 fw cv003 when the game blocked ,that when the ball go in corner or in throw in...could you do something for that ? A new update ?
Thanks in advance !!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby John Wilson » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 pm

lolafg wrote:Hello ,
i was playing kick off 2 fw cv003 when the game blocked ,that when the ball go in corner or in throw in...could you do something for that ? A new update ?
Thanks in advance !!

...thanks for the feedback - it's always appreciated!

I've also come across this 'throw-in crash' once before :? .

However, I went back to the code yesterday looking to do further mods and I have noticed a couple of issues around throw-ins which may explain the crash you saw (although one of them is also in KO2CV, so is most likely a dormant one).

Look for a new release next week that should hopefully fix the throw-in crash problem :)
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby gdh82 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Speaking of throw-ins, does FW whistle suffer from the bug where throw-ins gets stolen and given to your opponent immediately after a substitution ? :evil: Or have any of the sub-bugs for that matter ?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby John Wilson » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:09 am

gdh82 wrote:Speaking of throw-ins, does FW whistle suffer from the bug where throw-ins gets stolen and given to your opponent immediately after a substitution ? :evil: Or have any of the sub-bugs for that matter ?

...I don't usually use subs so haven't noticed any changes there.
Out of the 'standard' KO2 bugs, I am sure the 'through the post' goal and related goals are fixed along with the KO Lob fix (Z-Axis after touch is reduced slightly).
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby gdh82 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:22 pm

John Wilson wrote:Out of the 'standard' KO2 bugs, I am sure the 'through the post' goal and related goals are fixed along with the KO Lob fix (Z-Axis after touch is reduced slightly).


Thanks John - very interesting.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby John Wilson » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:19 am

John Wilson wrote:FW-CV 0.0.3
Changes are:
  • Fixed that stupid 'Stuck in PBD Selection' bug when selecting a computer only game (thanks for the feedback Filipo).
  • Added Camber's fix for aftertouch for 2nd/3rd/4th PIP
  • Torchio Tactics! As suggested by Gianni I've put an option in to stop your team switching to their defensive formation when you kick or head the ball. This was most noticeable when trying to play a long through ball and when I tried it, even on corners.
    When testing this I was really surprised at how much easier it is to move the ball forward, especially up the wings with 4-2-4.
    It is independently selectable for each team.

I've added an update that fixes the 'throw in / corner crash' as found by lolafg ...as always feedback is appreciated :)
Check out FW-CV 0.0.4.zip @ http://www.jonw.f2s.com/KO2

...and look out for a new release next week with at least one major new feature :D
lolafg
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:11 am

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.4 Released 07-03-08

Postby lolafg » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:34 am

Hello John ,

Thank you for this one , i'll test it now !!

So after testing , no more crash...it is good !!

Now something that is really frustrating is that there is always a player waiting front our defense when the keeper has the ball so it is not possible to give the ball to a player next to the keeper...i don't know if i explain that well but if you understand me could you do something for that?

Thanks in advance !!
User avatar
Abyss
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5901
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.3 Released 07-02-08

Postby Abyss » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:51 pm

John Wilson wrote:...and look out for a new release next week with at least one major new feature :D


:shock:
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.0.4 Released 07-03-08

Postby John Wilson » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Abyss wrote:
John Wilson wrote:...and look out for a new release next week with at least one major new feature :D


:shock:

I hope that's a sarcastic 'shocked' expression - I wouldn't want to build hopes up too high :lol:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests