Final Whistle Competition Version - 0.2.1 Released 03-04-08

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby gdh82 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Abyss wrote:
gdh82 wrote:Thinking about it, be good if that same 'power box' came up for free-kicks too ?


That should teach John to never open new possibilities to Garry!


:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Champ knows nothing! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Postby John Wilson » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 pm

Abyss wrote:That should teach John to never open new possibilities to Garry!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...as for the 'power box' on free kicks, Garry - interesting idea, but wouldn't everybody just smash the ball with the hardest setting everytime?
User avatar
samo79
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Italy

Re: Final Whistle Competition Version

Postby samo79 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:16 pm

John Wilson wrote:For those interested I've posted a Final Whistle Competition Version here: http://www.jonw.f2s.com/KO2
(There are also a couple of fresh cracked versions done in the spirit of Jesper's 1.4 - i.e. as close to the original as possible).


That's fantastic !!

Please work strongly with Camber, don't let him alone, we need a strong collaboration !
Le mele a volte possono essere devastate dal colpo feroce di una tempesta, ma il tenero fascio del sole potrà sempre far sviluppare dei nuovi frutti
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby gdh82 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:48 am

John Wilson wrote:...as for the 'power box' on free kicks, Garry - interesting idea, but wouldn't everybody just smash the ball with the hardest setting everytime?


Not if that sends the ball over the bar of course? I was just thinking of a way to make the notoriously difficult freekicks more user-friendly, creating more enjoyment for all KOA'ers. Besides I was thinking out loud rather than making a proper suggestion - I'll save those for the wishlist thread :)

Its great that - thanks to you - the release of FWCV is sparking these kind of discussions - who knows where it may end... 8)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
User avatar
Sid
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!
Posts: 4624
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: KORA HQ
Contact:

Postby Sid » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:30 am

Great Work!!!!!!!!! :D
Image
WC2011 #20th position
WC2011 Rodolfo's new arch enemy and Silver Cup dream ender!
WC2011 The KOA's new bowling champion
UKC2009 #1 Silver Cup Winner
UKC2007 organiser
TheFoxSoft
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4208
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Rome, Italy

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:46 am

Just give me the original KO2 keepers on FW and i'll trash KO2 :D
User avatar
Abyss
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5896
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:00 am
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

Postby Abyss » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:05 am

gdh82 wrote:
Not if that sends the ball over the bar of course? I was just thinking of a way to make the notoriously difficult freekicks more user-friendly, creating more enjoyment for all KOA'ers. Besides I was thinking out loud rather than making a proper suggestion - I'll save those for the wishlist thread :)



As John pointed, the height is determined by how long you keep the fire button pressed. Therefore, if we had the option of using this interface for direct freek kicks, we would indeed all use the maximum power.
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby gdh82 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 pm

Abyss wrote:
gdh82 wrote:
Not if that sends the ball over the bar of course? I was just thinking of a way to make the notoriously difficult freekicks more user-friendly, creating more enjoyment for all KOA'ers. Besides I was thinking out loud rather than making a proper suggestion - I'll save those for the wishlist thread :)



As John pointed, the height is determined by how long you keep the fire button pressed. Therefore, if we had the option of using this interface for direct freek kicks, we would indeed all use the maximum power.



Sorry guys -I get it know - I thought the power also influenced height, so after selecting their choice of power, the player was only left to chose direction and aftertouch. Not only was I thinking out loud but dumb thinking out loud! :oops:
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
User avatar
filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Posts: 2491
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)
Contact:

Postby filippodb » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Why don't you use the latest FW 2.1 version? 1.9 has some annoying bugs, once for all: tactic selections...
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Postby John Wilson » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:30 pm

filippodb wrote:Why don't you use the latest FW 2.1 version? 1.9 has some annoying bugs, once for all: tactic selections...

...oh bollocks!! I never realised that existed - I thought version 2.1 was 'Return to Europe' :oops:

I've just has a quick look and the differences are minimal, so changing to 2.1 for the next version should be easy enough.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Kick Off House - Milano - Italy
Contact:

Postby Torchiador » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:58 pm

Steve Camber wrote:I still haven't scored a goal yet vs the damn FW keeper, even with filthy PBD assistance! :lol:


I'm sorry guys, but the way of the lob will never die... here is an example... :D

http://www.kickoff2.it/tmp/video_ko2/koh/goal1.wmv

Great job, Mr Wilson!
Image
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Kick Off House - Milano - Italy
Contact:

Postby Torchiador » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Erm... Huston, we've got a problem...

http://www.kickoff2.it/tmp/video_ko2/koh/bug1.wmv
http://www.kickoff2.it/tmp/video_ko2/koh/bug2.wmv

It happens when I try the flick.
Image
John Wilson
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Postby John Wilson » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Torchiador wrote:Erm... Huston, we've got a problem...

Thanks for the feedback Gianni.

It's taken me a while to find this but it's one of Dino's cracker traps. Depending on a random number the game will crash when doing a flick :cry:

I'll fix this over the next couple of days and repost when done.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests