KO2CV - 0.99

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Re: KO2CV - 0.99

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:39 pm

gdh82 wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote:If anything, it makes my victory less satisfying because I wouldn't have won with pure KO2 gameplay.

So you would have found it more satisfying if the bug would have caused you to slidetackle taking away the possiblity of having a goal scoring opportunity?????? :?o:
Not more satisfying but at least it would have been the result of the game behaving as it should and not as the result of an artificial change. It would certainly have been more satisfying to see it happen against me though, rather than conceding goals that would never have been scored under the old ways. So in that respect, I did miss seeing them. As annoying as they can be for the one it happens to, it always causes a smile when it goes in my favour. It's these little things that make Kick Off what it is and can tip the psychological balance of a match. A bad thing happening to your opponent can make all the difference. As we take away these supposed 'bad' things, we are removing psychological elements from the game. If an someon can stay cool in the face of these issues, they have an advantage over someone that gets affected. Taking these things out can and does, have a big affect on the result of matches.

When I play Robert, he gets really frustrated if he is behind. He knows he should beat me but he starts getting stressed and it seems to make it harder for him to score. Once he scores a couple, he settles down, calms down, gets into his stride and more often than not, wins very comfortably. What would have happened yesterday if, as was the case, he was 2 goals down and getting stressed, then he'd succumbed to an unintended slide or two? He would have got more stressed and made himself less likely to score.

It's this element of KO2 that is being removed and it most certainly is not a change for the better.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Once again, I think our two positions are clear - even though I don't think we're really that far apart at all. I think we're arguing over the smallest of details as there's plenty more psychological elements in the game apart from this. I actually share your desire to keep KO2 overwhelmingly the same great game that its always been. We just seem to differ on the benefits of some great KO2CV enhancements that imho just allow for more possibilities, more positive game play, and ultimately more KO2 fun.

Still, to save you and me some time, and to avoid boring everyone else to tears, I suggest we just agree to disagree. :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:05 pm

We keep agreeing to disagree, then keep disagreeing in public anyway. :lol:
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:52 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:We keep agreeing to disagree, then keep disagreeing in public anyway. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Until next time.... :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!