Why is the original kick off 2 the best ?

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Why is the original kick off 2 the best ?

Postby Rayge » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Another debate some of you might like.
I personnally always played the version of kick off 2 return to europe, as it includes final whistle data disk, and offers a good challenge against the computers with various teams (everything fitting on one disk).

I was, at first, a bit surprised that all you guys play on the original kick off 2. To me, the final whistle/return to europe edition has a few nice differences, like better corner kicks, with after touch, and the keeper AI is better, even if lobs work the same. The keeper doesn't wander in the box (or behind the goals). The "bicycle shoots" can also add some fun and can help defending without risking a tackle. The presence of the refs/medics and the additional sounds are also a part of the fun.

So, why do you guys prefer the original kick off 2 ? Because it's easier to score, hehe ?

I also wonder if you like playing goal! , even if we ll easily agree this game is less fun, the controls and dribbling are bit easier in it, it enhances team play.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:10 pm

We do have Final Whistle fans, but the general feeling is that original KO2 has been played by everybody, and that the overhead kick, offside and enhanced tactics were unpopular additions to the great game.

We have played a final whistle extra even on day 2 of the UK champs before, and there have been purely FW events too, although the appeal is not as wide as with the original we are all familiar with.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:13 pm

I have a predilection for Kick Off 2 Extended Version 1MB.
It has got overhead kicks "bicycle shoots" new audio samples and refrees.
FW has got a very good corner kick system and I'd like so see an option in KO2CV as "switch to FW corner kick" and "eneable overhead kicks" but I think that Camber has got a family!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:00 pm

I have very vague memories Final Whistle (as I did Kick Off) but I vivdly remember the physio coming on the Pitch and giving a quick nod or shake of his head hehe.

Also I used to play Goal! but could never quite get into it and after playing it recently at Sids I have to say I didnt like it one bit.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 pm

Recently i played return to Europe and i remember i liked the goalkeeper because it was easier to make goal with good and powerful shoots.
JZ

Postby JZ » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:47 am

Return to Europe was always the one I played too. It was actually the only KO that offered a vague challange against the CPU, as it was quite difficult to get a result away in the European Cup against the best teams.
(I remember a flaw though, away goals counted double regardless of who won on aggregate, so you could win 1-0 at home and lose 4-2 away and still go through!)
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:50 am

JZ wrote:(I remember a flaw though, away goals counted double regardless of who won on aggregate, so you could win 1-0 at home and lose 4-2 away and still go through!)

The great Anco beta testing strikes again.