detecting when the ball leaves the pitch bug!

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:50 pm

Abyss wrote:
These stupid cases of the ball being out of play and the players still try to catch it should be fixed.

I'm not sure if this is known or not but I've noticed that this tends to happen when the ball goes out of play after rebounding off the keeper! Confused (as opposed to coming off one of the outfield players)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:01 pm

Not 100% about this but I "think" the corner bug also happens when the ball comes off the keeper. Its as if because the keeper isn't an outfield player, the computer gets confused over which side he belongs to, and from which end the corner should be taken!?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:02 pm

gdh82 wrote:Not 100% about this but I "think" the corner bug also happens when the ball comes off the keeper. Its as if because the keeper isn't an outfield player, the computer gets confused over which side he belongs to, and from which end the corner should be taken!?

When the ref gives a corner he looks at the position of the ball and then decides which corner it should be taken from. Left/right is correctly calculated, but top/bottom is incorrectly calculated. The split should be along the halfway line, but instead it's on the upper goal line. Don't make me draw diagrams ;)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Steve Camber wrote: Left/right is correctly calculated, but top/bottom is incorrectly calculated. The split should be along the halfway line, but instead it's on the upper goal line. Don't make me draw diagrams ;)

Thanks Steve - I get it! :shock: 8)

Just one query - why does the ref only sometimes get the top/bottom calculation wrong? Could it be that he sometimes gets it wrong when the ball comes off the keeper ? No diagrams needed (promise!) :wink:

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Steve Camber wrote:1. Corner bug. I've seen where the code is going wrong. Basically it's when the ball goes off the top of the pitch for a corner, but the ball rolls back over the line onto the pitch before the players get in position for the cornerkick. Pretty easy to fix.

It happens every time the ball goes out for a corner at the top, and then crosses the goal line again back into play. The ref will always place the ball at the bottom corner in this case, instead of the top.
Next time the corner bug happens, make a video and it should be obvious ;)
--
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Thanks again, mate! :) Should have read your original post properly :oops:

Steve Camber wrote:Next time the corner bug happens, make a video and it should be obvious ;)

I've been waiting for it to happen for a while now but it never does it when you want it to! But I'm on to that! :wink:

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Next time the corner bug happens, make a video and it should be obvious ;)

Got it, mate! Rarely I am this pleased to see a bug! :lol:

In practice mode, I hit the side netting of the top goal (out for a corner) but the players go the wrong end???!!!

Its just like you said Steve - with the ball coming back on the pitch but...

...interestingly, I notice the players begin to move down the other end before the ball re-enters the pitch, as if the decision to move down was already taken, and it does touch the keeper last ? What do you think, Steve?

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:17 pm

BUG UPDATE: Just had the cornerbug when kicking down. Again the ball takes a deflection off the keeper (part of the problem?) on its way off the pitch before rolling back on again!

PS Wish I could score goals as easily as I can find bugs! :cry:

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:39 pm

gdh82 wrote:BUG UPDATE: Just had the cornerbug when kicking down. Again the ball takes a deflection off the keeper (part of the problem?) on its way off the pitch before rolling back on again!

PS Wish I could score goals as easily as I can find bugs! :cry:

Kicking down, very interesting. Video please!
--

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:14 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Kicking down, very interesting. Video please!

If you're gonna concede a corner, make sure your keeper touches it last!

The latest video evidence - I'm just glad at least one person is interested ! :cry: ;) Cheers Steve! :lol:

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:24 pm

Stupid team.. that's probably a practice mode bug :)

The ball is placed in the correct corner, so that part works.
--

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Stupid team.. that's probably a practice mode bug :)

I didn't realise the bug was any different during a 2-player game?

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:53 pm

Steve Camber wrote:
Torchiador wrote:There is another bug similar to these ones: sometimes happens that you take a corner kick in top left or top right corner but the CPU miss the corner position and you are forced to the low left or low right corner.
This bug happens ralely, so I think I really difficult to solve this bug.

That is exactly the corner bug I mentioned above!

Ahh - I think I see the difference now. The practice mode bug is when the players go awol whereas the 2-player corner bug is when the corner taker goes awol - is that right ?

My sparring partner, Si, is coming over later so we'll be ready to save the replay, should it happen...