Post your ideas on Kick Off 2 Tutorial Video Project (KOTVP)

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Post your ideas on Kick Off 2 Tutorial Video Project (KOTVP)

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:50 pm

Following a long KOA tradition of spending ridiculous amounts of time for something very few people care, I decided to begin a new project.

The name of the project is KOTVP, which stands for Knock Out Tricks by Von Polyrakis, or -if you're less fun- Kick Off 2 Tutorial Video Project.

What is the KOTVP?

The project focuses on the creation of a video tutorial for Kick Off 2. It will be a collection of replays. Before each replay, a screen with some brief instructions will be displayed.

Who might be interested in it?

Mostly people who are either making their first steps or haven't played the game for years. However, I'm certain it will be priceless to mid-level players as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if some experts found a useful tip or two in it.

How long will it be?

I have no idea at the moment, I intend to add a great number of replays to it and go for the optimate quality/size ratio.

How can I help?

Let me know what you would like to see in the KOTVP. Please be as precise as possible. If you want to contribute some replays, note that I will only accept Kick Off 2 Replay disks as ADF files. Don't send me any videos as I want to be able to keep the same resolution and quality throughout the entire video.

When will it be ready?

As soon as it's ready. Not a minute later.

Here is my (early) to do list, I will add more to this as I go along:

Section 1: First steps

1.1 Dribbling
1.2 Trapping
1.3 Tackling
1.4 Heading
1.5 Aftertouch
1.6 Shooting (ball on the ground)
1.7 Shooting (ball in mid-height)
1.8 Shooting (long distance)
1.9 Chips
1.10 Throw ins
1.11 Foul kicks (novice level)
1.12 Corner kicks (novice level)
1.13 Penalty kicks (novice level)

Section 2: Useful moves

2.1 Stop & go
2.2 Long ball
2.3 Reverse header
2.4 Using the scanner

Note that all off topic posts will be deleted. Sorry!
Last edited by alkis21 on Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:38 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Wow! REALLY like the sound of this! :D Nice one Alkis! My suggestions which maybe overlap with your already comprehensive list are...

* common goals (could come under shooting but things like 45 degree shooting, enticing the keeper out of position etc, lobs, narrow angle goals)
* free kicks (have always remained a mystery to me)
* winning 50/50 balls after goal kicks (might come under your heading/tackling?)
* defending generally (timing interceptions, whether or not to slide)
* routines from the kick-off/combatting routines from the kick-off!

Can't think of anything else right now but will probably post more later ;)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:43 pm

gdh82 wrote:* common goals (could come under shooting but things like 45 degree shooting, enticing the keeper out of position etc, lobs, narrow angle goals)

I'll start describing goals in section 3, starting from the most simple ones and gradually moving on.

* free kicks (have always remained a mystery to me)

I'll definitely do some later on, but I'll need some help because I'm not an expert.

* winning 50/50 balls after goal kicks (might come under your heading/tackling?)

Yup, I will definitely go into that, it's one of my strongest points.

* defending generally (timing interceptions, whether or not to slide)
* routines from the kick-off/combatting routines from the kick-off!

OK.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:07 pm

Another thing I want to focus on is something people almost never talk about, and it has always surprised me that they don't: creating chances. Everybody talks about all the different ways of scoring, but they forget that most defeats come as a result of your opponent getting more chances than you do. I want low and mid level players to start thinking of a way to increase their time in front of the goal, and I intend to provide several tips that will point them to the right direction.
Loul
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Loul » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:41 pm

Since it's dedicated to beginners I think a special section dedicated about how to play successfully against the CPU would be a good addition.

Also imho it would be best if the final product comes into the form of say avis files and not simple replays for amiga since they are not very easy to use (till the ultimate ko2 replay application for windows eventually appear :) ).
Danne
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Danne » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:26 am

btw..

cool idea Alkis.

You can't get enough of KO2 replays.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:29 am

Loul wrote:Since it's dedicated to beginners I think a special section dedicated about how to play successfully against the CPU would be a good addition.

If you pass the first three courses, the CPU will cease to be a problem. ;)

Also imho it would be best if the final product comes into the form of say avis files and not simple replays for amiga since they are not very easy to use (till the ultimate ko2 replay application for windows eventually appear :) ).

The output will be an avi file.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:24 am

I'm very happy you're doing this Alkis. And especially that you wanna bring in the focus on creating chances. Both Bounty and I have talked about this on the forums lately (maybe some others of the KORA-guys as well), and this feature will make it possible for us (me) who suffers from lack of top-notch players to train with and learn from.

This might save x-mas mate. :gban: :no1: Alkis for president!!!
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:51 pm

alkis21 wrote: creating chances. I want low and mid level players to start thinking of a way to increase their time in front of the goal, and I intend to provide several tips that will point them to the right direction.

You mean there's an alternative to lobbing the ball into the final third !?! :lol:

Seriously, that's a really good point. Not only do I miss the chances I do make, I don't create nearly enough of them! During the recent WC I found it really difficult to get possession in the final third at all (partly I'm sure because I lost so many 50/50s from the goal kick) and so resorted to a lob-on-site tactic for 90% of my shots due to my lack of approach play. Ideas on how to to create chances sounds a great idea (may even start a thread on the subject sooner!).
Last edited by gdh82 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:57 pm

Keep in mind that despite the popular belief, stopping your opponent from getting to that lobbing position often and therefore efficiently defending against serial lobbers is very much possible. I will explain that too in the tutorial.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:01 pm

I think it'd also be good if your tutorial had a section on common mistakes and pitfalls frequently faced by lower level players (kicking instead of trapping, trapping instead of shooting, turning with the ball and leaving it behind, oh - and just being crap too!) :lol:

stox

Postby stox » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:18 pm

cannot contribute much on this project but i would really like to have a KO2 TUTORIAL VERSION: free kicks in every position you like, corner kicks every tme ou like, penalties, lob training and so on. should be a cambered version where you can decide (or select presetted) situations. by the keyboard you can have 30 different situations: penalty, the 4 corner, 8 different free kick possitions, a central lob situation, a diagonal lob situation with header, a 1vs1 against keeper situation and so on. no timer. some textbox whih explains what you have to do. best if a routine checks if you succeded in making things. much better with points. fantastic with ranking on points to post on the forum!
Like as PES and FIFA which have tutorials.

This will be a great project! :wink:

PS: hope the KOTVP comes out quick ... for me sure download :roll:
Marco S. alias Stox

Missed WC 2011, 2010 and 2009: this should stop in future; WC 2008 placed 29th; WC2007 placed 15th (CO-ORGANIZER OF THE WORLDCUP); WC2006 placed 32th; WC2005 placed 24th