KO2 Competition Version Wish List

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Kick Off House - Milano - Italy
Contact:

Postby Torchiador » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Steve, I don't want to pester you with questions but I'm thinking another one thing in the replay section.
Till now we have seen the replay going forward in the time line 1X/2X/4X/8X. It is really good, but, Is it possible to make an upgrade to see also the replay going back in the time line?
May be an amusing show!
Image
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Kick Off House - Milano - Italy
Contact:

Postby Torchiador » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:18 pm

I think that you mind at major things in the replay section, like "sound durign the replay" and "radar on during the replay" but I hope you will take this one into consideration! :)
Image
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7511
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:19 pm

Torchiador wrote:Steve, I don't want to pester you with questions but I'm thinking another one thing in the replay section.
Till now we have seen the replay going forward in the time line 1X/2X/4X/8X. It is really good, but, Is it possible to make an upgrade to see also the replay going back in the time line?
May be an amusing show!

It's not impossible to change the existing replay viewer to go backwards, but it's not a simple task unfortunately.
However, there are plans for a full match replay system which would support reverse mode of course!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:34 pm
Location: Kick Off House - Milano - Italy
Contact:

Postby Torchiador » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:04 pm

Steve Camber wrote:
Torchiador wrote:Steve, I don't want to pester you with questions but I'm thinking another one thing in the replay section.
Till now we have seen the replay going forward in the time line 1X/2X/4X/8X. It is really good, but, Is it possible to make an upgrade to see also the replay going back in the time line?
May be an amusing show!

It's not impossible to change the existing replay viewer to go backwards, but it's not a simple task unfortunately.
However, there are plans for a full match replay system which would support reverse mode of course!

I know about the plan for a full replay match system :)
In my suggestion I meant only the short in-game replay.
Image
User avatar
stox
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Rome, Italy

Postby stox » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:01 pm

I know about the plan for a full replay match system


would be great. so we do not have to take care of saving with webcams the matches at all. we just replay them within KO2. amazing! :shock:
Marco S. alias Stox

Missed WC 2011, 2010 and 2009: this should stop in future; WC 2008 placed 29th; WC2007 placed 15th (CO-ORGANIZER OF THE WORLDCUP); WC2006 placed 32th; WC2005 placed 24th
User avatar
Loul
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Paris, France

Postby Loul » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:05 pm

stox wrote:
I know about the plan for a full replay match system


would be great. so we do not have to take care of saving with webcams the matches at all. we just replay them within KO2. amazing! :shock:


Imho the best would be to be able to replay them directly under Windows (after transfering the replay file to your PC).
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7511
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:18 pm

Loul wrote:
stox wrote:
I know about the plan for a full replay match system


would be great. so we do not have to take care of saving with webcams the matches at all. we just replay them within KO2. amazing! :shock:


Imho the best would be to be able to replay them directly under Windows (after transfering the replay file to your PC).

Yes, this is the plan.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby gdh82 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:38 pm

stox wrote:i would really like to have a KO2 TUTORIAL VERSION: where you can decide (or select presetted) situations. by the keyboard you can have 30 different situations: penalty, the 4 corner, 8 different free kick possitions, a central lob situation, a diagonal lob situation with header, a 1vs1 against keeper situation and so on. no timer. some textbox whih explains what you have to do. best if a routine checks if you succeded in making things. much better with points. fantastic with ranking on points to post on the forum!


Sounds a big project but how do-able is something like this, Steve - perhaps an enhanced practice mode ('training mode'?) with a series of challenges along the lines of Stox's recent post ?
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7511
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:12 pm

gdh82 wrote:
stox wrote:i would really like to have a KO2 TUTORIAL VERSION: where you can decide (or select presetted) situations. by the keyboard you can have 30 different situations: penalty, the 4 corner, 8 different free kick possitions, a central lob situation, a diagonal lob situation with header, a 1vs1 against keeper situation and so on. no timer. some textbox whih explains what you have to do. best if a routine checks if you succeded in making things. much better with points. fantastic with ranking on points to post on the forum!


Sounds a big project but how do-able is something like this, Steve - perhaps an enhanced practice mode ('training mode'?) with a series of challenges along the lines of Stox's recent post ?

I have already thought of this. I wanted to implement it before this year's WC, but had no time. I expect it will appear sometime next year though.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!
Posts: 6197
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby gdh82 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:50 pm

Steve Camber wrote: I expect it will appear sometime next year though.


2007 is looking brighter already ! :D

I've since thought that the key stats we've been discussing lately could be utilised to set up various challenges:

* goal distance to determine short or long range lobs
* goal target (1v1s, corners or freekicks) e.g three in a minute
* goal target + accuracy target e.g three in a minute with a 75% shot/goal ratio

Beginners could have do this with just the goalie, then gradually introduce 1-5 defenders for more advanced players!
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
rodger
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Postby rodger » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:09 pm

noob here but i'd suggest (if possible)...

* a fix to the problem where if you get around 20-0 up your GK starts moving incredibly slowly and sometimes won't take a goal kick.

* ability to select 4-4-2 and 5-3-2 in International Friendly mode (mentioned in other thread)

* co-op mode: player 2 able to take a proper throw-in
User avatar
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Posts: 7511
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Contact:

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:24 pm

Hi Rodger!

rodger wrote:* a fix to the problem where if you get around 20-0 up your GK starts moving incredibly slowly and sometimes won't take a goal kick.

This is a simple fix. Not quite sure why this was put in.. Maybe it was meant to affect the whole team? Or make a winning team's keeper let more in?

rodger wrote:* ability to select 4-4-2 and 5-3-2 in International Friendly mode (mentioned in other thread)

Didn't know there was a problem!

rodger wrote:* co-op mode: player 2 able to take a proper throw-in

Does anyone play co-op? It's a very much underused cool feature. I'll take a loo at the player 2 throw in issue.
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
User avatar
Gunther
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 787
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:00 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Gunther » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:29 pm

And Steve, see if you can implement the

Back pass rule
KOA Founder
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest