Posted goals and other KO2 clips

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:32 pm

8) :shock: 8) Cheers for another impressive collection! :)

Glad to see Cox get the limelight too! Especially enjoyed the variety of crosses and headers/volleys too - think its so difficult not only to get the cross right but also to time the run so to connect with the ball!!! Thought the defence was unlucky with the one goal though - initially the defender performs a great reverse header only for the ball to be hit straight back, the keeper spill it, and another striker taps it in!

Btw do you know that game crossbar on a real footy pitch (perhaps you call it crossbar alley)? Where two players usually stand either side of the goals and take it in turns to try to hit the bar, the winner being the one with the most hits ! Have had great fun playing this when waiting for the other lads to arrive. Now I see this game is possible in the great game too! :lol:

PS Thx for the info on how you record directly from the amiga - something I'd like to look into myself sometime in the future...
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Noodlebug

Re: Posted goals and other KO2 clips

Postby Noodlebug » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:44 pm

I don't want to make more work for you Garry, but do you think it's possible to collect together clips of all the "routine" goals into one index, so when we mention in a discussion (for example) John H's BLC or Nikos' diagonal lob we can actually link to a clip of the goal rather than trying to describe it?

I would have found linked clips helpful when reading Gianni and Jon G's lively debate about routine goals.

I realise that right now there are not likely to be clips in existence of every "routine" goal, but I'm sure with a bit of a concerted effort by KOA members we can make it an objective to fill in the gaps. Some of the top players could probably recreate every single one of them to order..!

It will help newbies and nearly-newbies like me follow some this type of technical discussion a lot more easily. And if a few of us can watch repeatedly, learn, and try to copy such moves, you will be raising the level of competitiveness in the KOA!

(If there is already such an index available that I've missed, please point me in the right direction!)

Thanks Gaz
-----------------------------
Newbie for 12 years
Silver Cup runner up 2017
Bronze Cup and Best Defence runner up 2018
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:21 pm

Noodlebug wrote:Do you think it's possible to collect together clips of all the "routine" goals into one index ?

Excellent idea, Noodles! 8)

Alkis has plans to put together a tutorial video so maybe his project may lend itself more naturally to a collection of routine goals. I too would be very keen to see it!!!

Any update Alkis ? :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Setzer
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Setzer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 am

I've finished my first video. It's a try, because I guess my goals are "déjà vu" ^^"
I used Fraps, as I mentionned in the other topic (here).
Easy to use, it's working in the same way as I read with WinUae : push one button to start and finish the recording.
But I didn't configure well my programz, so I had no sound... I add music :P
Sorry for the long introduction, now, here is action (I'm playing with a paddle, not a joystick, so sometimes, players are running in a strange way ^^)

Stainy
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Postby Stainy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Nice selection of goals you have there :)

How come you have the goal scored detail at the bottom of the screen ? I don`t remember that from 0.99

I like the music as well :)

well done
Setzer
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Setzer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Thanks.
By accident, I discovered that when you hit "S", stats appear. ^^"
My best field is "soggy", the darkest one. ^^
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:06 pm

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Had to wait until I got home to view this (my workplace blocks youtube :() but, hey, this was well worth the wait! :D

Throughly impressed with the quantity, quality and range of goals - and love the way you've mixed the music and the commentary. Like Stainy I really enjoyed the music too,

Brilliant! :) 8)

Setzer
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Setzer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Music and commentaries were already mixed in the track. (French Teen Idol is an italian artist)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Setzer wrote:Music and commentaries were already mixed in the track. (French Teen Idol is an italian artist)

Do us a favour and just take the credit next time ! :oops: ;) :lol:

Seriously, though, I'll have to look them up later on youtube etc

Setzer
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Setzer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm not sure to understand well the first sentence, but about credits, I put it in the end of my vid. (reflex, as I'm making clips in other hobby ^^)
If some one is interested : http://www.frenchteenidol.com/

I'm preparing another vid (this sentence is here to avoid the total-off-topic :P)
Setzer
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Setzer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Another one. Music by former Mano Negra (now, we have Mano Solo on one hand, and ... Manu Chao on the other and I guess you know him :)), titled "Santa Maradona" (official video).

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:18 am

Setzer wrote:I'm not sure to understand well the first sentence, but about credits, I put it in the end of my vid. (reflex, as I'm making clips in other hobby ^^)
If some one is interested : http://www.frenchteenidol.com/

Don't worry about that sentence I was just kidding about me getting it wrong - thinking that you'd mized the commentary with the music! :oops:

Thanks for the links btw. In case you didn't know there's also a music thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14295 :)

Noodlebug

Postby Noodlebug » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:57 pm

OK this is probably the most standard goal routine in my own repertoire (and my first ever uploaded video!). The Deep Cross.

I don't think I'm going to be able to replicate many of the other standard goals, particularly the different types of BLC (I've only ever seen the Hogstrom variety anyway), so my dream of a standard goal routine catalogue may take a while to come about!
-----------------------------
Newbie for 12 years
Silver Cup runner up 2017
Bronze Cup and Best Defence runner up 2018