KO2CV - 0.85

Talk about EVERYTHING related to Kick Off 1 + 2.

Moderator: Moderators

filippodb
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!
Location: Supposed to be in Rome (but usually in Venice - Italy)

Postby filippodb » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:21 pm

really, my secret dream is offside rule on KO2, but I can wait.... :lol:
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:09 am

Steve Camber wrote:
Robert Swift wrote:Steve, can we think of any reason why we would not be using this in Manchester for UKC06? There's nothing contentious is there? All the settings we would use are selected by default, yes?

Naturally all the defaults are the desired settings for our competitions, and I expect we'll be using this one in Manchester.

Marvellous.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:33 pm

Steve Camber wrote:Interesting idea about repositioning the scores. It's simple enough to do but this may well be too much of a visual change for many of us. Personally, I think a quick tap of the pause key while the ball is out of play should be enough, but if there is sufficient backing for your suggestion it could happen.

I don't want to go on but my idea about the scores is very minor, I think. The right hand score would stay exactly where it is now and only the left hand score would move a few pixels diagonally so it is goes above. In my opinion this is very small visual change but would be a significant improvement for the absent minded amongst us! :oops:

I know I'm only one player amongst many so if this was an unpopular suggestion, as a fall-back could you devise a setting (vertical or horizontal scores) on one of the new menus?

Thanks again
Garry

PS Thanks for the reminder about the UK tournament. Very briefly - how many other newbies are likely to attend (I imagine very few?). Not that I'm bad loser but its not much fun being panned by everybody else - could put me off KO2 for life! :wink: :lol:
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:32 pm

gdh82 wrote:PS Thanks for the reminder about the UK tournament. Very briefly - how many other newbies are likely to attend (I imagine very few?). Not that I'm bad loser but its not much fun being panned by everybody else - could put me off KO2 for life! :wink: :lol:

Not many newbies, but don't worry, not all experienced players are good in Kick Off.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:05 pm

gdh82 wrote:Very briefly - how many other newbies are likely to attend (I imagine very few?). Not that I'm bad loser but its not much fun being panned by everybody else - could put me off KO2 for life! :wink: :lol:
If you never come to a tournament you'll always be a newbie. Got to cut your teeth somewhere. Like Alkis says, not everyone is good anyway.
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:45 pm

gdh82 wrote:
Steve Camber wrote:Interesting idea about repositioning the scores. It's simple enough to do but this may well be too much of a visual change for many of us. Personally, I think a quick tap of the pause key while the ball is out of play should be enough, but if there is sufficient backing for your suggestion it could happen.

I don't want to go on but my idea about the scores is very minor, I think. The right hand score would stay exactly where it is now and only the left hand score would move a few pixels diagonally so it is goes above. In my opinion this is very small visual change but would be a significant improvement for the absent minded amongst us! :oops:

I know I'm only one player amongst many so if this was an unpopular suggestion, as a fall-back could you devise a setting (vertical or horizontal scores) on one of the new menus?

Thanks again
Garry

PS Thanks for the reminder about the UK tournament. Very briefly - how many other newbies are likely to attend (I imagine very few?). Not that I'm bad loser but its not much fun being panned by everybody else - could put me off KO2 for life! :wink: :lol:

Garry....just come! There are about 4-5 professional players then a load of average ones and more than a few 'n00b' players. Don't worry. No-one's going to kill you!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:52 am

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement! Need to sort out a few details but I will try to make it even if it is at the risk of being the Birmingham City of the tournament :cry: :lol: (or should that be Sunderland :shock: )
Last edited by gdh82 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:59 am

gdh82 wrote:Thanks guys for the words of encouragement! Need to sort out a few details but I will try to make it even if it is at the risk of being the Birmingham City of the tournament :cry: :lol:

Good lad!

See you there :)
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:35 am

Robert Swift wrote:Don't worry. No-one's going to kill you!
I don't know, Camber just might. All those requests for competition version changes would have definately pushed me over the edge. :lol:
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:32 pm

Wonderful job Steve. The introduction of a JfF (Just for Fun) menu is the best update we can have, a starting point where to put bricks for the perfect game.
I didn't yet tried this version but i'll do it soon and give you my feedback.

Well done mate
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:42 pm

Yes, the JFF menu is a personal favourite, and I'll be sure to pack it full of silly + cool things :)
--
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Troglos

Postby Troglos » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:46 pm

Camber this is a version for A600?

Yesterday I've played with Maurizio L. and who used teamB cannot change tactics with the usual keys numbers, only with 6789 keys.

Could be possible that A500 have some problem to the keys, but you can confirm this?
if you remove the speed, you take away the fun.
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Troglos wrote:Camber this is a version for A600?

Yesterday I've played with Maurizio L. and who used teamB cannot change tactics with the usual keys numbers, only with 6789 keys.

Could be possible that A500 have some problem to the keys, but you can confirm this?

Very strange. It works ok here. Maybe there's a difference in the hardware? Has the same amiga worked ok with previous KO2CV releases?
--